-
Posts
843 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Tinyflier
-
That is one hell of a lip... is that the Mick Jagger version...? Seriously though - I like it. Am considering doing same to mine (standard facelift bottom bumper with black Zunsport grille). The beauty of course is it is so easy to revert to how it was "pre-plastidip". David
-
I thought the undertray was mainly to smooth out under car airflow rather than provide protection to the gubbins in the engine bay? David
-
Not entirely sure we are talking about the same ones. Reading that link it seems to me they are referring to actual CF covers which may not have been lacquered? I can't imagine that these gel versions will be susceptible to rain or sun damage - pop a question over to Steve at Redline - am sure he will have any evidence of having had failures of these in the past and I've always found him willing to give his straight forward advice/opinion - it isn't in his best interests to supply defective kit! As I said mine still appear to be stuck fast - the entire back of the cover is adhesive covered as opposed to having strips of double sided tape. It does mean being super careful to line them up properly when fixing them as you won't get a second try! David David
-
The "gel" type Nismo ones? I fitted mine within a couple of weeks of getting my Zed in September and they are as securely fitted now as the day I fitted them. Car has been used in rain, sun, snow, washed regularly by hand and with jet wash - no problems that I can see. I did use panel preparation wipes on the pillars beforehand to ensure no trace of waxes or silicon before fixing them. David
-
I use Autoglym Engine cleaner - spray on and agitate WELL with some good brushes. Part of the problem is the engine bay paint isn't highly lacquered so dirt can get ingrained and become more difficult to remove - but on the upside it looks so much better when cleaned up. To remove the engine cleaner I use a jet wash spray with no ill effects, although I do a) cover alternator with tin foil (is easier to use than a plastic bag), use the nozzle at an angle away from any electrical items and c) leave the engine running (so you need to avoid the spinning belts unless you want a mucky shower! As for covering the battery terminals ... errr ... isn't the battery well enough protected by the fact it lives in it's own little "house"? Autoglym vinyl & rubber care liberally sprayed on to the plastics (you don't need to buff this off it self dries to a lovely finish) and a spray of good quality wax on the paintwork (which you do need to buff up) finishes everything off. David
-
I have these on my Zed - they aren't carbon fibre but are "CF look" gel stick on covers. IMHO they look OK - but other opinions equally valid! David
-
I was wondering same thing! Car going in for full wheel strip & powder coat (still slightly dithering on what colour finish I want (I know it WON'T be black or gun metal though) next week and have just ordered a set of 20/25 spacers to sort out that HUUUUUUUUUGE chasm twixt rubber and wheel arch. Looking forward to have a wheel arch properly filled and wheels properly finished - then I can machine polishthe car over Easter Weekend and THAT is a recipe for snow/rain/sleet/typhoon/plague of locusts for all 4 days! David
-
Ain't that the truth!!! Last time Mark did a dyno run on mine I swear I saw a Polar Bear ambling away muttering that his ass was freezing... The Uprev transforms the car - so sharp, so smooth and gives it yhe "oomph" you would have expected from stock. David
-
SVM has a good reputation in the GTR Owners Club for outstanding service and assistance and I doubt they would be anything other than helpful. The only problem you may have visiting their premises is the burning desire to trade up to a GTR! David
-
I have a bend/flat spot that is I think just a tad larger than that on my Rays. Wheel has been examined by TheWheelSpecialist in East Grinstead and they have confirmed it can be re-shaped with no detrimental effect on performance or safety (tyre currently seals well on the rim). Car is booked on on March 15th for full 4 wheel refurb, they have asked for an additional 1/2 day to allow for the repair/re-shaping on this wheel and an additional charge of about £40 (if my memory is right). David
-
Dave-350's Gunmetal 350Zee - Facial Surgery Page 5
Tinyflier replied to Dave-350's topic in Member Build Projects
Yea, it is hard for me to justify the price tage on it, but it looks great! yummy ... worth the price tag... on my list - maybe my birthday present to myself... easy fit? David -
Should the lower bumper part also be black now... hmmmm... am contemplating a Pastidip attack at Easter - if I don't like it then off it peels. David
-
I like that splitter a lot! David
-
I must make a pilgrimage to the Zedshed sometime soon ... errr... where is it? David
-
Nice bit of kit..just downloaded the app...next step is to order the controller from eBay :thumbs: Great! Hope you have fun with it! David
-
The floor of the cubby has had a slot cut in it as the Start60 is too tall to fit the standard space. The rubber mat has been trimmed to suit. The "shoulders" at the top of the cubby had to be trimmed slightly to accommodate. You can also see the metal bracket with the velcro fixer that secures the unit and the power cable disappearing down to passenger footwell. I guess it doesn't look terribly pretty but once the unit is fitted it is much better!
-
I did mine a few months ago but I left my "Z" in black - Plastidip really does do what "it says on the tin" and is so easy to use. David
-
Even I managed to do it without "incident"...! David
-
That's what i thought, the one on the car looks like tarmacs, not the one in the other pics. I don't think i'd risk buying from them, who knows what you'll get Knight Racer does have a good reputation in the GTR Owners Club for high quality carbon parts for the R35. I wasn't trying to imply they are at all "dodgy", many suppliers inflate their prices on EBay - I was just pointing out the difference! David
-
Same splitter is on their web shop at £89.99... David
-
I like your wrap - beyond my abilities tho! I struggle to wrap Christmas presents! David
-
Just fitted the teeny weeny Nisssan badge (from the Bay of E of course) to the recess on the rear of the case - top result! Looks OEM, David
-
It is a TomTom Start 60 and yes the cubby is modified, see if I can explain how! 1) The floor of the cubby has a slot cut in it to allow the unit to sit slightly lower otherwise it will foul on the top inner "shoulders" of the cubby. 2) A very small amount as been removed from the top of the cubby shoulders to allow the unit to sit tilted slightly back (although I don't think that is essential). 3) There is a metal bracket inside the cubby (screwed in from the top) with a strong Velcro pad that grips the other part if the Velcro that is stuck to the unit (that allows me to remove the unit to update it as you need access to rear to plug in USB/PC cable). 4) The power cable is run down inside cubby floor to an adaptor allowing use of supplied power socket adaptor. 5) The rubber inner part in the bottom of the cubby is trimmed to fit around the unit so you can't actually see the slot it sits in. I will post some pics at weekend of the "innards", will give you a better idea. David
-
Try "claying" the wheels in same way you would the body - it might lift these contaminants out. David
-
Should be able to help you with this. EVO-R do their own version of the Veilside front lip. I'll see if they have any in stock at the moment and can also get a price for you. Also interested in this Steve. David