Jump to content

Tinyflier

Members
  • Posts

    843
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tinyflier

  1. Attached to my windscreen (MY 06) behind the rear view mirror is a long slim rectangular box with a cable running into the headline. What is it for? David
  2. Mine back in early 2013 (12th Jan perhaps...) to have Berks HFC fitted and another set-up session on the dyno. David
  3. ....YOU'VE STOLE MINE! lol
  4. My TomTom Start 60 is 6" widescreen and only just fits - and to do that needed surgery to the base of the cubby and top inner edge of the cubby. David
  5. I have padded cupholder inserts in both doors on my '06 model. David
  6. I too would prefer to decide which bits I want skinned rather than a complete interior set. As to having a semi complete interior while parts are being skinned - the pain of that will be directly proportional to the time taken! Def want some bits done tho! David
  7. yum yum... me likes... me likes a lot... David
  8. from Reigate. You asked about first mods; Mine was Uprev and full exhaust (apart from the stubby, vertical tonneau, horizontal tonneau, carbon B pillars, cargo net...). David
  9. Nice thought, but I have a Miltek fitted, it is the Berk HFC that I am contemplating...! David
  10. Thank you just noticed the icon too :smile: I thought my clips were broken too. What I found was the inner pin part of the clip needs to be pulled back (not out) and the collar pushed firmly (REALLY FIRMLY) into the tailgate trim. Then the inner pin can be rotated and hold the tonneau fixing secure. David
  11. Reigate, Surrey - but am happy to travel a bit to hear a Miltek-Berks combo. David I'm in Dorking, happy to let you hear my Milltek/Berks if that helps :smile: That is very kind and I will take you up on the offer! David
  12. I have a Milltek, uPrev & Berks Gives it a deeper louder growl and a bit of a rasp Looks like that will be next job for Abbey! I find the Miltek quite subdued - although Mark was a little surprised and asked me to give it a few hundred miles to "mature" which am more than happy to do. Always a hard balance between something that has a "bit of purpose" vs something that "makes your ears bleed"! David David, I would go for the Motordyne lower collector and plenum spacer 1st. This will help with the mod range torque what the REV UP motor lacks off, the Cats really only hold the car back @ the top end where exhaust flow is needed. Sounds like our next mod then Mark! Will give Scott a call in NY for an appointment! As you suggested will let the Miltek run for a little while and see how sounds alter and we can discuss but am tempted by HFCs...! David David
  13. Thanks for suggestion, but I already have a Miltek fitted, it us just a question of letting it "mature" for a little while and decide if I want Berks to give it some stronger sounds. David
  14. Reigate, Surrey - but am happy to travel a bit to hear a Miltek-Berks combo. David
  15. Sounds (excuse the pun) like it is heading in the right direction esp if OK in cabin. What is tickover like? David I really need to find similar set up and listen don't I!
  16. I have a Milltek, uPrev & Berks Gives it a deeper louder growl and a bit of a rasp +1, well worth the extra money for the Berks :smile: Looks like a resounding vote in favour of Berks! What is sound like on motorway/fast road cruise? I like to be able to converse with anyone unlucky enough to be in passenger seat without having to shout! David
  17. oooo - I might jump in and ask for your help on that sometime in Jan - I am in Reigate so you can't be far away. Having said that I might jump straight for a "proper" modern big screen HU but wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to go about fitting one to maintain OEM SW controls etc... David
  18. Have only had my Zed since September and having had Abbey carry out a few odd jobs and some mods for me I can't imagine going anywhere else. Friendly, flexible, knowledgable in the extreme and definitely NOT going to plunder your wallet. 100% endorse what others have said - all roads in the south lead to Abbey. David
  19. If you have a Head Unit that can take an RCA (I think?) feed, Steelmate has a TPMS that uses the HU to show tyre pressure/temperatures rather than having a separate display unit. I think this will be the route I go down when I junk the Bose. David
  20. I have a Milltek, uPrev & Berks Gives it a deeper louder growl and a bit of a rasp Looks like that will be next job for Abbey! I find the Miltek quite subdued - although Mark was a little surprised and asked me to give it a few hundred miles to "mature" which am more than happy to do. Always a hard balance between something that has a "bit of purpose" vs something that "makes your ears bleed"! David
  21. I've recently had a full Miltek exhaust system fitted and an UpRev carried.would HFCs be a next logical step? I presume a couple of more ponies released (I have a HighRev 2006 Zed) and some alteration on exhaust note (good extra noise or bad?). David
  22. Today I fitted: 1) Carbon bodied bonnet dampers. 2) Carbon wrapped engine cover and the most important item... a "Tuned by Abbey Motorosport" graphic on the engine cover (to celebrate last week's Miltek exhaust and UpRev work done by Abbey. Previously fitted - i) stubby, ii) carbon effect Nismo door pillar covers, iii) cargo net, iv) plush boot carpet, v) rear parking sensors, vi )TomTom unit fitted to look OEM in dash cubby (Abbey's work again), viii) vertical tonneau (made by a club member), iix) horizontal tonneau, ix) rear parking sensors. On list: i) clear reflectors on front bumper (have those, need some warmer weather to fit), ii) refurb my Rays, iii) Michelin PSS, iv) Berk HFC (hmmm wondering about those...), v) carbon wrap interior, vi) carbon cooling plate, viii) rear diffuser... goodness ... didnt realise I had so much to do... Hope Santa is listening... David
  23. Does it need an adaptor cables? Don't need one but quite like to have one at that price! David
  24. Mark (from Abbey) has just called round and taken my car away for full Miltek exhaust fitting and UpRev mapping... Although only a day's work, due to other committments I wont be at home to welcome the car home until Friday evening... But am due to be at Silverstone on Saturday so I'll have a nice new sounding and sharper performing Zed to take me there... David
  25. Interesting... I have ZZ3s on my MG ZT and found them to be incredibly quiet - in fact I have found them to be a really good tyre (albeit on a heavy and slow - well it only has 190 ponies - car). David
×
×
  • Create New...