Jump to content

Tinyflier

Members
  • Posts

    843
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tinyflier

  1. Today (as well as giving my giving my headlamps a good polishing with Meguirs PlastRx, I used this (it is NOT a carbon foil or vinyl but is actually a thin layer of carbon) on this to give me this! I've tidied up the edges since taking pics to remove the whitish parts and just waiting on my carbon top panel from RSW to finish it off. David
  2. I have an unused can you can have and replace when yours arrives. Live in Reigate. Let me know if I can help. David.
  3. That Mr G is a WHOLE lot better! David
  4. Plus he has THE BEST road leading to/from his workshop. Ideal place to give your car some beans and check it out before/after he has done the deed! David
  5. I prefer Menzerna range - but you would need to order from a specialist detailer product retailer...many can be found on Detailing World. As for claying - consider ordering a clay sponge or clay cloth - these are relatively new products to the market. They work just as well as a clay bar but are considerably easier to use (and re-use). David
  6. There was a LOT of gravel in that car after qualifying! Good drive from you both. David
  7. 2 hours! Blimey! That's fast! I'd expect at least 4 more likely to be 6 hrs to machine mine will let you know after Bank Hol weekend. David David
  8. My DTE comes on at "38 miles left" (supposedly!) , moves down slowly over the next 15 miles to about 23 DTE (seems reasonable)then within 5 miles leaps off the cliff to show DTE --- !!! I'm just conditioned now to refill when the DTE starts flashing at me. David
  9. Agree - my Circuit Sports fitted with no mods to plastic covers at all. David
  10. Chris, Received mine today - quality piece of kit! Cheers David
  11. Never fitted - the "flyboy" auto mirror fold gizmo - as supplied with the instructions, cable ties and scotchblock connectors. £40 including recorded delivery postage costs. David Sold.
  12. Am sure you CAN make it look better,,, just not WORSE ... David
  13. You could speak with Mark at Abbey Motorsport and see how his plans to have a Scotland based sub-dealer are progressing. David
  14. I thought it was decided on by the manufacturer ie legitimately varies? David
  15. There is a gap in mine but only because I had to have my RT Mines-alike splitter trimmed back because I have a Zun-sport grille fitted. I took it all apart, painted my lower bumper bar black and then re-assembled as the GM bumper bar was, as you say, very obvious. As far as I recall the splitter should actually cover the entire top side of the lower bumper bar - but RT Perf will give you a better answer than me! David
  16. Seriously skilled airbrush artistry there! David
  17. The standard Zed undertray is a flat plastic plate isn't it? Whereas these lovely aluminium fabricated trays are "formed" to give clearance for larger sumps etc. OK so here is a silly question! There isn't a ground (ie speed hump) clearance problem is there?... No, no of course not, don't be an idiot David... but.. . Still having one - car going in to Abbey 2nd week August for service which (hopefully) should coincide nicely with getting this popped on! David
  18. Yep - RT Biscuit does indeed and a cracking item it is too - I have one on my cf engine cover. David
  19. My Mines (that wording just doesn't feel right...) ... OK my Mines-alike (RT Perf version) only just clears standard speed humps. In fact there are two humps on entry to my office that it doesn't quite clear. Cue - little scraping noise each morning but I suspect those humps are a fraction higher than they should be. Car is NOT lowered. David
  20. Chris, Reserve one for me please! Let me know when you need the dosh. David
  21. Aiming to be there as last time out Steve. Be interesting to see you guys out on the GP circuit. Not sure you can ever refer to Mark's driving as "normal" though! - David
  22. Tinyflier

    France

    You actually need to carry two of these. David
  23. Had mine fitted at weekend (well done Buster & Zed Shed!) and they are totally awesome! The gel coat finish is flawless and the quality of the moulding is absolutely perfect! Loving the look - completes the flow from my splitter to diffuser. David
  24. Saturday saw my first visit to the fabled Zed Shed where in the blistering heat Buster laboured hard (no... honestly he really did...!) to: 1) Remove front bumper and fit clear reflectors 2) Slide headlamps out and fit silvered indicator bulbs 3) Re-fit front splitter (this bonded at front, couple of small screws in wheel arch). Originally fitted by RT-Performance, I had removed it to paint it in Satin Black rather than standard finish gel coat - even though I say so myself I think I did a not half bad paint job on it too! 4) Fit the sidesteps I recently bought from Tarmac Sportz (which by the way are the absolutely BEST FRP mouldings I have ever seen with a superb external finish) All done in a couple of hours as I sat in the shade of the Zed Shed! Many thanks Buster, Chris and Kim - for your hard work and hospitality. David
  25. Welcome from Reigate ... David
×
×
  • Create New...