Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. So I thought sod it, can't be arsed to wait until the weekend - the weather is supposed to be naff. So I cracked on with the rear suspension, not many pictures this time as I couldn't be arsed after a weeks 'work' So here it all is, nothing was that difficult tbh the hardest part was lining up the stiffness settings into the boot. Rear adjustable camber arms fitted, I made sure they were exactly the same length as the originals. All fitted and a little drive to help it settle. Next up, a full alignment, a wash and hopefully some sports cats when the Zed shed get back to me Oh and waiting on Wasso for a plenum spacer. Watch this space!
  2. Don't think anyone has yet. D'oh
  3. I haven't paid for my pulley
  4. It might make it into a GT game.....
  5. My other half is great, worlds best card -shame it's a day late
  6. I don't know, I think Daveyboy is on to something there. Davey, please expand - and if anyone has any counter arguments or little anecdotes to share regarding VXRs such as 'It was neck and neck until 4th gear and then I started pulling away' your input is wanted.
  7. Any news on the pulleys ?
  8. mouthwash

    Typical

    What annoys me is the effort I go to to park so far away from people and yet when I wash my car I still manage to find pin dents in the door where people have hit mine with theirs.
  9. I wish the 350z was crap, I'd stop spending money on it and walk.
  10. I don't want to add mine up
  11. I've heard the comment before, it was far more devastating mind you
  12. As you can see, I did clean the rears but I thought 'fu*k it, don't even know if I can dismantle the fronts to clean everything properly so I'll just leave them'. It made adjusting them interesting.. *Cruuunch* as it was grinding out the small clumps of dirt Oh well they're on now so f**k it. Still looks better than my OEM suspension. Yeah, exactly - you can't even see it now. Looks good in the engine bay however
  13. As you can see, I did clean the rears but I thought 'fu*k it, don't even know if I can dismantle the fronts to clean everything properly so I'll just leave them'. It made adjusting them interesting.. *Cruuunch* as it was grinding out the small clumps of dirt
  14. Thanks, I was pretty proud of myself haha. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd worn myself out doing the fronts I would be out there now as the sun is still shining but my back is killing me, I usually sit behind an office desk all day! When am I visiting you guys to get those sports cats of Matt123123132s fitted?
  15. Right, so now that I'm one year older I thought I would set myself a bit of a challenge - fit my coilovers! To some of you it will be a walk in the park but I enjoyed the challenge and feel pretty good for it. For my birthday, I treated myself to a 170 piece Halfrauds toolkit and a trolley jack, happy with how they performed today. I'm an amateur so they're perfect for me And here is what I set myself a challenge to fit today: First off jack the car up, remove the wheel etc. Then attempt to get off the 12mm nut that is securing the brake line to the strut First thing I tried to remove and I ended up bending the support and rounding off the nut, good start. Anyway after a little while I managed to get the little shite off so carried on happy that I hadn't been thwarted so early on. Next up I removed the inner 19mm bolt securing the lower arm to the car, the nut is in a very tight space to get to so make sure you've got a slim tool to get at it! Then removed the 17mm bolt secure the strut to the lower arm. This thing was a pain to get out the last few mm. Strut brace removed and bolts securing the top of the strut removed. And voila, out if pops. Old and new (ish). All reassembled, a piece of advice you will have to use the trolley jack to push the lower arm up so you can bolt everything back up unless you're incredibly strong. Also, after all that effort make sure you don't do something stupid. Luckily a 12mm bolt is all that holds it to the hub. Basically I rinsed and repeated that on the other side and I was finished for the day, being an amateur I managed to do the front in about 6 hours but I was fooking knackered so saving the rear for the weekend. Here is how it stands now, I took it for a quick spin around the block to help the front settle in. More fun to come at the weekend! Thanks for looking
  16. Thank you, thank you. Currently in the middle of using my birthday present to myself to fit my coilovers, sort of wish I hadn't start this. Edit: Happy birthday to the rest that is today
  17. He want's min 8k. :/ Ah right, I saw 7300 as the bid with no reserve didn't read the BIG RED TEXT.
  18. Just over £7k? That's not too bad is it for all the work that's been carried out?
  19. That's a shame just have to hope karma pays the **** a visit.
  20. £250 takes the wheels, postage will be additional if you want it and they're sold as seen so ask for any specific pictures you want before I send them. I won't be entertaining complaints on £250 wheels with tyres!
  21. Or "one last try!" or "Hold my beer" I did all that the other week......at a Roller Skating Disco (Don't ask why I was there, lets just say the word Female.) Anyway, I was doing 'Okay' - I can ice skate, but roller skate with 4 wheels is weird!, Anyway, the guy announces can everyone vacate, this is for Exp skaters only, we are doing speed skating. We all got off, 6 people on there, saw a few laps and said to everyone 'F*** this, that looks easy, watch this!, did 1 lap fine, nice and fast, 2nd lap, came out the corner hard, barrel rolled and ended up into the wall with a skate off and the audience pissing them selfs xD May I offer some advice as to why you're single?
  22. So much <3!! Thanks buddy - You can now come to any meet you like .......and I'll get the 1st round of drinks! Sounds good to me
  23. Donated, good luck to him. He's gonna need it if he's gonna get those wheels on your car. Oh wait, this isn't a fund raiser for your wheels? WTF have I done.
  24. Mustang (5.0L) for me, I think
  25. So you're basically saying I have to tell everyone what my personal problem is or I'm not allowed to suggest to other individuals to go and look at other options for their servicing? Yeah, okay. I've never suggested to him NOT to go to Abbey but said that I was looking elsewhere, blowing things out of proportion me thinks. Getting a bit weird in this thread now.
×
×
  • Create New...