Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. No, did you do one before you spent £xxxx on buying a car? Surely that's more of a concern than when you start modifying it? I only did pads I had stock fluid, stock lines, stock discs etc... My car stopped okay and never felt unsafe. Sure, I will admit I wanted to upgrade them as I wanted more stopping power on the 'ring but that was so I could drive faster/harder on a track that's hundreds of miles away. Not so I could stop faster coming off a slip road on the M25. Thing is, with FI is that you're not going that much faster on roads anyway. Stopping from 80/90/100/1000mph is the same no matter what you've done with your engine. I don't recall many 350z FI builds getting any sort of tests done before they started modding, sure a few might of but then a few people on the planet also attend Nazi sex parties. What'cha gonna do.
  2. Neither of those are necessary in my opinion, I had a s/c Zed (now belongs to another member on here) that had stock brakes on it with stock discs and ds2500 pads. More than enough stopping power on the road and only faded towards the back end of the 'ring (probably more to do with my driving style (or lack of (nested brackets, baby))). Also, no testing of any form on my engine. I did 8-10k on it no problem what so ever, I drove it pretty hard all the time as I mainly took it out for leisure and as far as I know it still doesn't use oil to this day as I talk to the new owner a bit. No blue smoke, no odd rattles, plenty of power, perfect! You should be able to get, if you've owned the car for a while, a good feel for your car and its maintenance. If you've just bought a car to go FI then I agree some testing may need to be done for peace of mind.
  3. A swimming pool full of Jelly Tots.
  4. Rear parking sensor wires. Just of come loose again. I had tied them to the bumper. Don't you think the exhaust is hanging a bit low though? Looks like it needs to be a inch or so higher.
  5. Why's the exhaust hanging off?
  6. Please, no one buy this off him. I don't want to be poor again
  7. Doesn't count, it's got 4WD. So in reality that's just a race between two pseudo sports cars.
  8. Don't a few Maserati cars have diesel engines??
  9. Can I have it? It is Christmas after all.
  10. Probably wouldn't of had any bruises if he wasn't in the car, so I would attribute those bruises to owning a 350z. You heard it here first folks, 350's cause bruises.
  11. Sinister or the first Insidious is ok.. Depends what sort of horror you want to watch.
  12. I'm near you and I took my ITR to TGM in Fleet to have my front bumper/light/wing repaired and they done a really good job. If you've got a mate/family member that can run up there with you and take you back it's not too much hassle and worth the extra fuel imo.
  13. It's a good choice as long as I get a spin, if not then no it's a bad choice.
  14. Incorrect, unless I speed down the wrong roads. Sure yours didnt have rustling bushes and arable land either side?! But you get my point, comparing this to Autobahns is chalk and cheese. The autobahn goes from J1 of the M23 all the way to central Europe, right??
  15. Incorrect, unless I speed down the wrong roads.
  16. So, just to be clear, Payco condemns speeding in open areas but is on-board for a bit of speeding around in built up areas? I wonder who's more likely to take a life, the guy speeding past a school for disabled kids at 3pm or the guy speeding down a deserted A road.
  17. Can you not just run it like that advert? No exhaust.
  18. You do realise that multiple people share Dan's account? That's why he always types with a know-it-all attitude.
  19. In the overweight, overpriced, underpowered, boring dull as dishwater category? I agree with your article, anything under 600hp just won't cut it.
  20. I wouldn't trust a man whose name is ##@@.
  21. Has that been annoying you for some time No, SIR! Unless he was an officer, he's not a Sir... Only officers get to ride horses, right? So by power of deduction he must be a high ranking official.
  22. Has that been annoying you for some time No, SIR!
  23. G Man on his 'I've been in the Army' High Horse again?
  24. ITT: People justifying why they purchased a Nissan rather than a Porsche.
×
×
  • Create New...