Jump to content

14N

Moderators
  • Posts

    6,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 14N

  1. Thanks for the heads up and mention 350zedd. Alize, I've received your PM. Apologies for the belated reply, I've been away this weekend to the forum, I'll reply to your PM
  2. Wit ha single intake and the 2 lines down the bonnet, yours is definitely a DE engine and not a HR. A HR will have 2 intakes and a bulge bonnet.
  3. Although you may have more choice in winter, as folk generally hold onto them for the summer, I don't think you'll see a massive reduction in prices. Bargains can be had (as 350zedd pointed out), but don't hold out till winter in the hope that you'll find a bargain. If the right car comes up in the meantime, I'd grab it before someone else does. Plus going from a 4WD car to a RWD in the middle of winter may not be the smartest move. It may stall your enjoyment of the car (depending on the kind of winter we get). All just IMO
  4. Hello and
  5. I love the Evo 6 - It was released when I worked at Ralliart. Maybe own one, one day, but the Zed will have to go first. So maybe I won't.... If you're currently carrying your dog in the boot of your Evo, I think the RSPCA might be interested, as it's a saloon!
  6. A belated to our exclusive club.
  7. OK, update time. So last night I took off the battery covers and scuttle panel at the foot of the windscreen to check the grommets and see if anything looked like it was letting water in. There’s a large circular rubber seal/grommet that sits horizontally directly below the scuttle panel, which I think a couple have referred to. This looked favourite for the source of the leak and has been mentioned on a few different threads when searching for solutions. This looked fine though – still intact and seated correctly. None-the-less I gave everywhere a closer look and a clean (although it wasn’t particularly dirty) and replaced the scuttle panel and covers. Then moved to the door seals, concentrating mainly around the area near the mirror and door hinges, but also looking all around, making sure it was sitting correctly. I pulled all the necessary trim off and the seals and refitted them, just to be sure. So, everything removed, cleaned, examined and refitted, I shut the door, grabbed the hose and gave the door and front quarter a good soak. Gave the water time to drain and opened the door. Nothing. Not a drop Shut the door again and gave the same area another good soak. Opened the door, still dry Looks like by removing and refitting everything, somewhere along the line has sorted the flood. Chuffed. Before putting everything away (but still leaving the carpet pulled up to dry and the seat out), I thought, just to be 100% certain I’d solved the issue, I’d give the whole car a good soak all over, so grabbed the hose again. Let the water drain off and opened the door. This is what I found. [insert same expletive used in the first post]. The water is running from the rear of the car, under the main central bulk head, through the gap you can see, under to second cross member below the seat and then collecting in the footwell. The water is running this way as my car is parked on the drive, with the back higher than the front. So, positives: The water isn’t coming from the windscreen or door areas. Now looks like I’ll be pulling the rear end of my car apart though to check seals etc and I won’t get chance now until next week. Oh another positive, the floorpan below my passenger seat and the passenger footwell is now very clean due to the amount of mopping up taking place.
  8. Sorry to hear this Russ. I had my licence revoked for medical reasons a few years ago. It's hard going out each day seeing your car knowing you can't drive it. But each day that passes is another day closer to you getting the licence back. At least you or no one else was hurt when you had a seizure. It was out of the blue and could of happened at any time. I won't insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting what 'could' of happened if you were driving for example. Glad you're out of hospital and as much in the clear as you can be. Keep your chin up, you'll be back behind the wheel again mate
  9. Good point, they are. The 'L' and 'R' refer to when you're in the car as opposed to looking at it from the front.
  10. 14N

    My Zed

×
×
  • Create New...