Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. i can ask mate, im sure abit of wet & dry would sort that out though True, but if they're anodised it would take some serious elbow grease! Plus, surely not colouring them is saving them work
  2. Do you think they could do one that is just silver rather than red or blue? No colours would clash in my bay.
  3. 64-bit chip means nothing right now, especially as the 5C is still 32-bit so developers will keep ploughing out 32-bit stuff and pretty much ignoring 64-bit until it's everywhere (although it's a good setup for the forthcoming days of 4MB+ RAM in smartphones), fingerprint ID is a gimmick which has zero impact on the use of the phone (anyone struggle putting a 4 digit PIN in? Nope, me neither), and iOS 7 is on everything else. Slightly better camera is nice but hardly game-changing. A couple of crappy new colours for the ladeez doesn't appeal to me at all. Remember, I'm the guy (fool?) who queued up at 4am for the last two iPhones. This offers absolutely nothing over my current 5. Apple have always been about the OS and not the hardware, but that's no longer enough to compete where they need to. I'm sure these will sell bucketloads and more than ever, but I have no issues now waiting for the 6. I completely agree that the fingerprint reader is a gimmick, but it's one I like and will come in handy. I've never used the 4 digit pin or any other phone unlock code, I'm just careful and don't leave it laying about, that's worked so far and is clearly the best security. However, it also works for out Apple ID which currently has to be a minimum 8 characters including numbers and capital letters, so for me to just place my chosen finger on the phone when I want a new App instead of typing all that crap in, is certainly a step forward.
  4. I imagine the difference will be £25/30 a month for the 5C and £35/40 for the 5S. Could be a bit of game changer considering how many people wait a few months after a new Galaxy comes out and get it on contract for around £10 less than the early birds at about £30pm.
  5. I'll have a look
  6. There will be a bit if drone with all aftermarket exhaust at motorway speeds, but there is a huge difference from what you get with our invidia's compared to a crapspeed k1 which sounds like it belongs on an impreza and will make your ears bleed.
  7. By filter I mean air filter by the way. The service schedule you described at the start is correct.
  8. Bullshit! Why would you change the filter 2 years in a row then leave it for 2 years? Plus the P2 and P3 are 95% the same thing.
  9. 7 series wheel look awesome on the zed, but personally it annoys me when people put other more "prestigious" centre caps on. It's pretty big in the VAG scene to use Bentley wheels and leave the cap on. Boils my blood But each to their own and if you're happy, we're happy (mostly)
  10. That would be ****ing awesome! Thats what the ODB port is for Took the words out my mouth. OBD2 cable on usb plugs straight in lol. I also have a usb attached to the haltech that plugs straight into the usb I got a little over excited there
  11. Just seen it in eBay before coming here and was considering sending the seller the same message. That's a Peugeot one I'm afraid, cost less than £30 brand new.
  12. KyleR

    Coilovers

    Pretty much all coilovers will be available in both separate rear springs or full coilovers. The most common choice are the separate ones due to needing to reinforce the rear strut if you choose to go the full coilover direction. I know plenty of specialists say it needs reinforced, but there are several owners on here and many in the states that run full coilovers and I've yet to see it cause any damage or have negative affect. Best bet is to be safe rather than sorry and buy the slightly less expensive but just as good seperate rear spring style.
  13. The front is aweful, try again with 245/30's which should be a better fit. And just to clarify, you're testing against 225/45/18 and 245/45/18?
  14. That would be ****ing awesome!
  15. It looks really well. I seen the one on eBay and wasn't too sure, but it's definitely a keeper. If they did carbon version I'd have it.
  16. On both front and rear? 4mm is fine, you lose much more as the tread wears away.
  17. If he uses a tyre calculator to get tyre sizes with the same rolling radius as oem, as he should, then the car will sit the same height, but definitely needs lowered.
  18. That's an interesting read, it basically tells me that there is only a few feet difference from JDM brakes to a 356mm £2000 package. Maybe they were only using stoptechs 4 pots?
  19. Sone people have had problems with steam cleaned engines. The water gets in everywhere and can mess with the electrics. So, you really have to find all the connectors in your engine and wrap them up to keep them safe.
  20. It should come with raisers, it's a wasso spacer.
  21. On standard suspension they will fit, on lowered 30mm they will fit, so basically, they'll fit just fine and look well with those offsets, no spacers required.
  22. Give it a go, buy 2-3 sets from them and try it. For the first couple of months you may need to build up your tolerance to having them in for so long, but it's worth it for not having to gaff about twice a day with your eyes.
  23. If you do go for the wrap, get the 4D carbon stuff. From what I've seen it's looks infinitively better than the 2 and 3D.
  24. Nope, perfectly fine. When I was using normal ones years ago, I fell asleep a few times with them in, waking up with my eyes stuck together with green crust. None of that with these, it's just like having lazer eye surgery, no messing about and I can actually see.
  25. Stealers will charge around the £160 mark, good locksmiths not much different. You could also keep an eye on eBay, they turn up there for about £30-£50 sometimes.
×
×
  • Create New...