Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. yeah, so I lasted 42 seconds. In that 42 seconds I caught sound recorded in 3 distinctly different acoustic environments. Seriously...
  2. Just a quick update, the ones above will be posted tomorrow, so expect your tracking numbers. The black reflectors arrived in the country a few days ago, but sadly I now have to pay customs fees so they're at the post office. With this in mind il hopefully get them built somehow over the weekend and have then out mid-late next week. Batch 3, ive ordered your parts today
  3. Just use some rubbing compound! Yes the zeds paint is thin, but... 1. you have just had a full respray, so it will be different to OEM paint 2. Ive done it, rubbed away for a few mins at a time and never worn though.
  4. Yep, stop the car, turn it off, turn then key to ON (so all the lights on the dash light up) and off 3 times, take out the key, get out and press the lock button. Car alarm will make a small chirp to warn you that its locked, but not secure as a window is down.
  5. same code as always, its pretty easy to guess but its not posted on the forum, I believe Downhuman can give it to you
  6. Just ordered box #009 Maybe get some chance to use this months box this weekend. Am intrigued by the Candy Gloss wax...
  7. Lol I haven't tried any of them, just gave them all a sniff but isn't the angel stuff the cheapest item in the box? Dot mind if it underperforms really seeing as there are loads of other goodies this month.
  8. Glad you're enjoying it ! I wanted to check the headlamp washer fuse too a month orso ago and was left stumped until I found this! No idea what's wrong with 1 fuse box, what necessitated 3!
  9. That is a common problem yes it would seem. Alex has replacements of both the arms and the bushes alone iirc but obviously you need a press to fit new bushes
  10. Yep, relearnes fuel trims and stuff. Probably does more too
  11. I always thought theywere locked to th car so usually worth next to nothing second hand unless they're set into the secret pairing mode that lets them associate with a new car/ecu.
  12. haha I knew this was coming. But to be fair I did wonder the same thing, as in, how does the airbags know when to fire?
  13. So, as the 3 people who have ordered the silver ones will know, all the measuring, drilling and silicone work was done a few days ago, 2 hours worth of work this evening and we have..... So, time to test these overnight, il post them out Wednesday morning to ensure they get a full test. As im sure you all will realise, the differing brightness levels and small colour variations are because of the very directional nature of LED's and the fact the light is being dispersed by the reflector surface, they're all exactly the same colour and brightness
  14. Wow that nanolex stuff is expensive! Looks to be some good products, rather disappointed in the smells though, all very chemically this time apart from that AnGel stuff that smells like coconut!
  15. The ones on the zed look very light. Ive spent hours removing these from mine when I first got it. I used Halfords rubbing compound until the scratch was barely visible, and them something from the Autoglyym range to re-buff up the area and remove the last tiny scratches. With both its a case of using pressure (and a microfiber) to rub away the scratch. When its gone, press softer to bring back the shine
  16. The photo I posted above is of the "car" end, if that helps at all?
  17. cs2000

    bonnet dampers

    Good, ive always thought the OEM strut doesn't open the bonnet anywhere near enough, could easily go another 1-2 inches. I do like those gas dampers, will be getting some soon
  18. Since you're in there, and have removed the bottle (and bumper), why not remove the washer jets on the front and get the bumper smoothed? Then you have no issues at all MOT time An item can only be tested if it is fitted
  19. Ive previously (in my last 2 cars) had 2x 12 inch subs. In the Celica I scrapped it (to save space) and went for 1x 10 inch sub and amp by Rockford Fosgate. Even at 300W this thing kicked hard (perhaps down to the quality of Rockford items), but it never had the proper low down rumble that a larger sub gives. That's just the physics of the size of the sub I guess. Id say, for general listening, even if you like bass, 10 inch is plenty. If you want to really feel it, start at 12 inch, but really twin 12's or 15's are recommended.
  20. Don't suppose the rear indicator/reverse/fog light clusters are still available ??
  21. Yep, OMG what a stupid place for a fuse box too... Its not hard to get too, per-se, but you just cant do it in a hurry, like the fusebox in the footwell or something... Battery compartment lid off, Plastic surround out (5 popper style clips), Windscreen trim finisher out (1 popper style clip) and then pull towards front of car to release clips). You will then see it behind the battery to the right.
  22. Hmmmm... need to do some research
  23. Indeed it would I guess, massively too. I did do it once with some card, but the un-even rear surface makes a template difficult(there are ridges of plastic for re-enforcement of the attachment points), that, and the fact these curve too. I could do something rough in metal I guess EDIT: I've just remembered something from School. Polymorph plastic. This will speed up the measuring and drilling hugely Can melt this plastic and create a reverse template for the rear of the reflectors, then simply do my measuring once (on the polymorph), drill through this and et' voila a plastic mould. If/when it wears out and my drill guides are less then perfect I can just melt the plastic and start again
  24. Yep, you can buy multipacks from eBay for pretty cheap, I bought 25 orso a few weeks ago
×
×
  • Create New...