-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Is it my imagination or have 350Z prices increased?
coldel replied to NeilMH's topic in 350Z General
Yep summer price increases that you usually see. The only prices we see are what they are stuck up for sale for, what they are actually sold for is another matter. I think you have got some way to go before prices in reality go up, there are still hundreds of them up for sale across the country at any one time. Maybe in about 5-10 years or so you might see an increase in value based on age and rarity? -
False imprisonment. I think they just needed a bolt on charge to hold him, MSV are in talks with their legal eagles to see what they can do him for. Looks like he might get the book thrown at him - and too bloody right as well.
-
I did consider a 2004'ish SL, not as quick 0-60 as a zed but they are not built to be. I think they look fantastic, car looks great roof up or down, stunning interior (once you swap out the wood trim!) perfect for a cruise in the sunshine up an A road. So its 1 second slower to 60 than the Zed, in the grand scheme of things how often do you have to really race to 60, on a motorway slip road? If you like taking off from lights and racing up to 60 you could argue your Zed is the wrong car, get yourself a Scooby do some work on the turbo and it is a second faster than the Zed. In the real world, 1 second on a 0-60 doesnt matter, really?
-
'spose I should throw in the old VX220. Bought the 150bhp 'slow one' without the turbo, so thought it would be a good car without being amazing. It was this car that showed me that power isnt everything and that a car can be so fast and give so much feedback if the designers put a little bit of thought into it. Still the best 'driving car' I have driven.
-
Worse - 55 plate Vauxhall Astra, I thought it would be a good family car, its just really awful in everything it does. Soulless. Better - VW Scirocco 1.4TSi, I didnt think I would be getting much car going for the bottom of the range option, stunning interior and a 1400cc engine that is twin charged putting out 180bhp is pretty good going. Just seemed to ooze class and loved the styling. Better - 05 plate Vauxhall Corsa 1.4TDi, the older shaped ones, four doors, super practical, drove to Newcastle from SW London on about 35 quids worth of diesel. A solid honest car.
-
I mentioned previously that France do look strong, they have come in with no one talking about them but they have a really good side. It will be interesting to see the south american teams play a decent european side to see how much the south american effect is going to play out. Most pundits have written off chances of a european team win but I didnt see argentina do anything that would scare the netherlands so far in the tournament.
-
I wish Ashley Cole was playing against Italy actually, better defensively than Baines and still has more pace. A half time appearance by Milner would have been a good move, but we will never know. I think we have to attack to defend for the remaining two games, sticking Milner out there will just invite teams which in my opinion are not as good as England onto us offensively, Cahill and Jags are just not up to the task of England sitting back, they make too many mistakes. I think we should take the chance of pushing forwards and retaining possession further up the field. Still cant see a role for Barkley yet though, can't play him left side, and would be totally wrong to remove our best player on the night Sterling and move him out of a position he is so dangerous in to accommodate a player untested at international level. I think its up to Barkley to force the issue of his selection in central midfield.
-
So bring in Barkley for Rooney in 'his position' - what left midfield? Rooney has been played out in a position he nearly quite Utd for being played there. He just isn't that type of player, the problem is that Rooney is still quality but Sterling just has the impetus at the moment with them both vying for the role behind the main striker. Didn't think any of the subs made an impact either. I think Barkley is quality, but Roy made the very valid point that for every good pass he makes a bad one, you can't have a pass completion of 50% to play midfield in international football.
-
Spain looked like a team well past their best with ageing players lacking hunger...utterly taken apart. Would like to see Spain Brazil in the next round!
-
Yep sent TGM photos...they are calling back, they quoted over the phone before so hopefully they will again. Contacted SCR thanks mate.
-
Used TGM before, yes they are great, but given my neighbour is paying, want to have at least a few quotes so I can present them in an orderly manner. Problem is all companies want me to drive to them for a quote, which will end up being £50 out of my pocket in petrol just for quotes.
-
SMD got side swiped in his Azure didnt he?
-
Haha yeah I am sure I now need new headlights and a full engine bay respray...! Anyone got any views on these types? http://www.autorestore.co.uk/repaired-in-one-day.aspx clearly no where near as good as TGM but I just dont have time to drive to Fleet just for them to look at it umm and urrr over a quote then drive back to Fleet again to get it done, then drive back with a friend to pick it up (£60-£70 worth of petrol just going back and forth!).
-
Some may argue its not a zed.. but its not a real skyline..
coldel replied to SkylineV35's topic in Other Cars
I was tempted with these as I needed back seats, but decided it was too similar to a 350z to buy, I am on a mission at the moment to try out new cars each year! -
I don't normally post on these types of thread, but have to say really enjoyed my trip to HDev a few weeks back to tune my R33. Refreshing to have someone listen to me, give me his full attention, not treat me like an idiot (even though in car terms I am!) and not try to up sell any other services that I don't really need. People can find garages intimidating places, where you are not anywhere near the knowledge levels of these guys and for someone to talk to me on even terms is a top skill to have in terms of customer service. Cheers Jez.
-
I own an import car, well a Skyline, you dont have much choice as only about 1000 were actually ever registered in the UK. Personally it felt like there was a stigma against imports when buying my 350z and I really wanted a UK car. But now owning an import I am less concerned. The major issues are: You have 'grey' history of a car from Japan i.e. no service history to call upon Cars can rust if not undersealed Spec is much different, here in the UK there is GT or not, for imports there were many more options so its up to you to check thoroughly Otherwise, they are good honest cars. Check that they were imported via a reputable importer as they would have made the car completely legal and done the undersealing/fog light/speedo etc. None of that is expensive or difficult to do, just need to make sure it was done. From what I have seen as well import cars insurance is hardly any different to UK if you do a bit of hunting around, which anyone with a sports car should do any way so wouldn't worry too much about that. There will always be a clamour for UK cars as us Brits are a fickle bunch, but once in the car driving about I am sure you wont give two hoots where it came from
-
I am currently getting a quote from TGM in Fleet who did a great job on my R33 a few months back, also chasing other bodyshop options in the Surrey area as well.
-
I am just trying to get hold of TGM for a quote, but could do with a couple of others, anyone recommend a good bodyshop near TW10?
-
They claimed that they heard a bump and thought they hit the car parked in front of mine, upon checking saw no damage so drove off. She was genuinely apologetic and said she would pay for it - although I wonder if she realises that it will be a fair cost to repair and not £50 or something, they are not very car savvy.
-
Just to say well done for actually thinking about this mate - lots of people cruise on through just because they think they have to. I have mixed up my career - I got to 31 after being in the same company for 10 years then decided to work in Japan for a year, then France for two. Came back, changed jobs a couple of times, was a maths teacher for a while. Now in a different role, but not far enough away from what I used to do so got itchy feet once more. Don't regret any of the last 8 years moving around trying new stuff - still haven't found my perfect job but somehow my wage has just gone up to a great level. Not sure how, just taking a risk and changing the norm I guess...the rest follows.
-
They just called, she came over and was really apologetic and said to just repair it and they will pay. All sorted
- 41 replies
-
- 10
-
-
Calming down now - almost certain in my mind I won't be paying for this, just the hassle that comes with it really.
-
They only moved in about 4 months ago, I made every effort to be nice to them, introduce them to people in the immediate area and everything - its not as if they don't know me, where I live or whose car it is. I have witnesses next door as well if they get shirty, I also saw them reversing out immediately before it happened and we know they took they car as when I knocked the baby sitter said they had driven off. Hopeful that I can get it sorted, just a pain to now have a messed up front bumper for however many weeks till I can get it done.