-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Purely joined for advice, funny though how many meets later, even when I have sold the Zed - I went to one zed meet in the family ford focus! Some good people on here...
-
Did you buy it from a dealer or private? Any warranty of any sort (not that I am sure it would cover it but all routes worth a try!)
-
I work for Nectar card, the Christmas planning was all done and dusted before mid August! Clearly though not rolling it out this early, that pub is just making itself look moronic.
-
Parked up, number plate DJM or something?
-
Makes me laugh this iPhone malarky, have you seen the video of the guy bending the phone, I mean he is leveraging it and absolutely put grunt force into it. I have yet to see a video of an experiement of someone putting it in their pocket and bending it through sheer backside force! At the end of the day is a 5mm thick hollow piece of aluminium, it might bend if you attempt to snap it for crying out loud What else has happened then... SMD actually wore a flat cap to a meet!
-
I sold my VX, bought my Skyline, may sell that shortly not sure what car is next on the "mid life crisis car ownership spree" though - whatever I get all cars I buy are better than the Zed Scotland was talked about a bit There is now a small but vocal Jaaaag club forming Amyzed has a very nice car and probably needs to build an extension to hold her show and shine trophies There is also a clandestine attempt by the south east members to take over all the moderator roles on the forum New people still do in depth research and come to the conclusion that the best after market exhaust for them the 'Infinity one on ebay' - ok, that isn't technically an update Some people still think they have 'brought' their car when they buy it
-
The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.
coldel replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Strange one in that the results came through 7am it was almost subdued in the reaction, I wonder if the counts finished at 9pm would we have seen a few more in the street stand offs. -
The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.
coldel replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
She is probably very right, but more so for the points you make at the start. I get the feeling the Yes campaign felt Scotland would just vote for independence without having the major issues answered or at least a decent plan, there was too much, it will work out fine, without much substance imho Had they answered or sorted the major concerns, they probably would have faired much much better. I think it was more courageous to vote No especially in the Yes dominated areas. I got a mate vote No in Glasgow, people he termed mates reckoned he was a coward and not a proper Scotsman for doing so, which is for a more apt word, utter pish. Its pathetic that Yes campaigners can use an idea that voting No was a cowards vote, it was a vote based on what they believed was best - bravery has nothing to do with it. -
The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.
coldel replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Despite all the comments, at the end of the day if I were looking at this from a dragons den perspective the Yes campaign did not do enough to convince me to invest in the idea. They got a decent head of steam via some chest beating on AS part in the last couple of weeks but the argument wasn't strong enough for me anyway. Just been watching some coverage on TV, there was a journo/writer woman from the Yes campaign, she had a dig at those voting No saying that the country 'lacked the courage' to vote Yes. Its her type that are the core root of the No victory if you ask me. -
Good luck mate, lovely looking place
-
Skylines defo look better in the metal!
-
I do keep an eye on VX prices and they havent really shifted much in the last 2 years at least, turbo prices seem to be creeping up but NAs remain steady. Oh and don't write off an NA, sure its not a straight line beast like the turbo but as standard it comes with stiffer suspension and arguably better handling. When you are sat 5 inches off the ground with the roof off, it feels like you are doing 100mph when tootling along at 30...DO IT MAN!
-
I am biased but VX/Elise/MX5 Turbo/Supercharged for track or an R34 GTT Yes the R34 isnt the GTR, but it still packs a hell of a punch with a few changes to the turbo, engine and a map, you will have something that makes the Zed feel like it was driving in glue in terms of straight line blatting. And they look v cool Have to say I loved my Zed but my R33 is a more than adequate replacement - the VX220 however is a different league in terms of driving thrills.
-
Its an itch every petrolhead should have! I scratched it, might scratch it again at some point in the future!
-
Would it be cheaper just to trade in the car, find the cheapest loan you can i.e. Tesco loan or the like and go in swap the car plus cash? At least you are not defaulting to their finance deal? I remember Tesco loans having very low interest rates.
-
Wouldn't rule out the VXT mate - same chassis - quicker than most versions of the Elise in a straight line - just minus the badge. You can go the factory turbo route or there are some lads on the forum who do a stage 1 supercharger conversion to the NA cars for something like £3.5k fitted. You could get a very good NA in the £8k-£9k bracket quite easily. They are smaller (hence the 6 month blat idea!) but the missus and I often went on weekends away with our suitcases in the boot. In terms of looks, they are marmite, but with a lower set of springs and some tweeks they can look quite stunning Always wanted a black one but ended up going red, love this pic
-
What is your budget? The two you mentioned are the lower end of the price scale. Many run Milltek, Ark, Invidia but all are double the price'ish How about a custom one?
-
I have to say, if it wasn't winter coming up I would seriously recommend getting yourself into a VX220 turbo for 6 months before investing in your next daily/sports car - stunning handling, blistering pace and with the roof off a stunning experience all round until you drive one on the road its very hard to describe just how special it is!
-
Looks are completely objective though, I am sure there are people out there that say the 350z looks dated and the Evo X is modern and more brutal looking. I think back to your point of replacing the 350z, for your budget, there is a fair bit out there to choose from that will be faster and give you that buzz you need.
-
1. What a beautiful day for a run 2. But a better day for a drive 3. Door slams 4. Turbo spooling 5. Noise
-
Actually I think the joke was on me!
-
Better late than never Twas a joke CD xx
-
Most garages should have some like http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/car-tools/laser-locking-wheel-nut-remover this which can get them off. Or have a go yourself. Otherwise as above, OEM ones you can usually get a replacement key for.
-
Better late than never
-
It has to be moderated by the forum gods, once approved it appears...