Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I hope the government is gearing up to deal with the increased requirement for cars to 'plug in' - I am good friends with the MD of the green energy part of a major power supplier in the UK, he fights a daily battle to convince anyone in government to stop burning stuff and start using nature. Its alright going electric, but the power demands have to come from somewhere and at the moment the infrastructure just isnt there
  2. On average a Leaf depreciates the same amount of £s in the first year that an average comparable ICE car will in three-four years, thousands of pounds vs eighty quid a week. I do not doubt that in ten years time many western societies will be driving around in small silent cars quietly making their way from A-B, petrolheads will pretty much be dinosaurs using finite levels of fossil fuels for their inefficient cars. Currently though electric cars initial purchase price coupled with big depreciation costs do not make THAT much more worth it over a ICE in my view.
  3. If you count from new depreciation into the cost of running the car, its running costs are not so rosey
  4. # I know they are generally high tech cars but I didn't realise they could float
  5. You also missed out 'upgrading from a Zed to a Celica GT4' ...
  6. It is also interesting that people assume everyone has a 'daily' - living in zone 3 in London most people do not have a daily, just a fun car for fun and london transport for every day
  7. A Plan were all over me when I had the R33 and were adamant to get my business, Dan is the guy there to talk to. Although somewhat bizarrely when I got the GT4 and rang him they were not interested at all, and made an excuse that 'looking on Google Maps your road looks a bit narrow' which is fair enough, it was, but that didnt stop them insuring a big wide R33 a couple of month prior.
  8. You were on the inside lane going over Twickenham bridge, I passed by on the outside as we approached the first roundabout. Looked like some serious paint damage on the boot? PS this was on the weekend just gone!
  9. coldel

    XL tyre rating

    Yes mine had TL written on the description also
  10. coldel

    XL tyre rating

    [quote name='ZMANALEX' timestamp='1455705993' post='1587420'] When I moved from run flats on the R35 I went for XL rating on the MPSSs and the Vredestein Vorti. Both the above non run flats have soft/ flexible walls, so in my instance XL was imperative. Alex. [/quote] I have Vred Vorti's in XL trim, excellent tyre for my everyday driving
  11. coldel

    Scirocco R

    I remember mine had the different damper and throttle response settings which were quite cool - so you could switch between sport, normal and economy.
  12. coldel

    Scirocco R

    Used to have a 1.4 (turbo and supercharged!) Scirocco - liked the car, distinctive, nimble etc. Golf though is 4WD though vs FWD of the 'rocco which swings it for me to prefering the Golf.
  13. 3 months 5 days till Scotland...make sure they get a move on!
  14. There are lots of filters which are green from different companies - google HKS panel filter and look at the plastic cage that holds the filter, its quite distinct and will give you an idea if yours is that.
  15. Your car sounded great Adrian when you fired it up next to me at the Woodman the other day must have been awesome all those cars cruising through town!
  16. Headers are meant to be good, but are a lot of effort to install from what i understand...
  17. The width is the widest part of the tyre, not the width of the tread pattern, so to me it looks the same (as the tyre on the left has a wider tread than the one on the right but the one on the right where the tyre meet the wheel is pretty wide too, but ultimately both at their widest point are about the same). Also the image is a shocker if you are trying to prove a point, wonky, one tyre further from the camera than the other, not taken straight on etc)
  18. Which Colin... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Or was it blue jackets, anyway lots of guys on the forum rated Poirots plugs, worth going for to be sure
  20. There are some 'yellow jackets' on eBay but they are a bit crap, his stuff is a bit better and sit between the cheap eBay ones and spitfires (which are about £300 for 6)
  21. [quote name='LRF4N' timestamp='1455292959' post='1585816'] Not heard anything bad about them For coilpacks on my skyline I used Poirot on skyline owners [/quote] This, tried and tested and cheaper than the splitfire ones.
  22. ZED Zee, indeed. Bloody Americanism! Note to self, if Dan on the rare occasion is winning a debate, call it a Zee...
  23. I was going to say no way is it standard ride height and the skirts etc are extras, most GTTs up for sale don't have those stock. Actually didn't Ian own this car first? Bought it for around £3k and had to do a load of work to it then sold it for £6k or something? Seems to look familiar?
  24. Clarkson loves them and thinks they are amazing, so steer clear
  25. I agree, lowered, aftermarket wheels skirts etc looks lovely
×
×
  • Create New...