Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Thats when you put taxes onto owning EV's...oh...
  2. I would imagine the costs for combustion engines would still be higher, but the current cost of running an EV is not going to be the status quo - its cheap now to convince people to switch, once they do, it will climb in price as you mentioned.
  3. Because Scandinavian countries have minimum 50% income tax brackets so infrastructure spending is much easier. They can't even fix all the pot holes here, where does the money come from to make EV charging practical? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Passing 240volts 32amps wirelessly? Over distances of 20 feet or more? I know it sounds like I am just ranting, but its a serious point, we can all point to EVs but they do not solve problems practically when most of the country cannot practically charge them up. The challenge is not building an EV that can compete with combustion, its the infrastructure.
  5. How do people nick anything, they work it out and take it. I seriously cannot believe for one second that people cannot nick something like that. It was tongue in cheek in any case. I live in zone three London, lots of cars, around 5% of people have driveways. I wonder as a percentage how much of the country actually has off-street parking? 15% possibly? There seems to be this given that we are all going EV but how is it practically going to work? There are 40 cars on my road and 5 lamp posts? The infrastrucutre cost is going to be utterly immense to switch anything over, especially with 'free' charging also now coming to an end.
  6. Or nicked the charger! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Actually the opportunity is there, keep your car in great condition and whilst people buy EVs your old combustion engine will sky rocket in value, and it will be much more fun to drive than to sit in a silent aluminium box doing nothing.
  8. ...I guess the one challenge I would put out there is if you have to park on the street how do you charge at home? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. And import evos? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. I can imagine for getting A-B as eco friendly as possible EC are a good option, having been in a couple now I just find them soulless, sorry! Its like sitting in an arcade just without the great engine noises. Appreciate 0-60 in 2. whatever seconds but when its done silently I realise that its actually not the performance that is important, its the noise that comes with it.
  11. coldel

    Drat

    I remember I was umming and urrring about one of these in V6 format a while back, that or the VX. I was driving towards the toll booths on the M25 Elizabeth bridge mulling it over then hit a whole heap of traffic. Culprit was a dead one of these smoking quite badly under the bonnet blocking one of the lanes - made my mind up there and then lol
  12. My Vreds are the same, I also PM'd Dan to check I hadn't bought 4 for one side
  13. My Celica is pretty low and I know my R33 was lower, neither had any problems as Bobby mentioned the occasional full beamer but most modern cars have auto lights which go to main beam which is not a problem. Its certainly nothing to do with the Zed, many more cars much lower out there.
  14. I have to say I am so confused by this? Are people peering over the tops of steering wheels or something? Never had this problem!
  15. Get sports cats, most pass the mot.
  16. Good excuse to install a dash cam - at least it will show you cruising around in traffic and then probably you saying 'wooah phew' when the incident occured
  17. Just read ilogikals thread and save yourself a fiver
  18. I actually prefer the rear end of the 350z - still looks stunning and the lines run much better front to back. But of course what 'looks better' is always subjective.
  19. Fair point, you might get a couple of grand for the parts, minus the cost of replacing them with used OEM parts - few zeds being broken at the moment.
  20. Think I will get 30 day amazon prime trial account for free when the 3 yobbos start their show (or has it already started?!)
  21. A genuine convert
  22. How much you should list it for or how much you think you will sell it for List it for £5k and see how you go? Looking on PH put in Zeds over 80k miles, a UK GT non cat are kicking around the £6k mark
  23. I had more people stop me and talk to me about my old R33 than the Zed for sure, much rarer sight on the roads and a lot more distinctive (probably because average your Joe thinks the zed is a Porsche) - one person in a car park came up to me and asked if he could take photos of it - one guy I found outside my house taking selfies of himself in front of it. Driving home from footy one night a biker pulled up next to me (whilst moving) and checked the car out and gave me big thumbs up. Many more stories like that! in the flesh R33s do look really good, they are just unlucky enough to have the rep of being the poor version of the Skyline range (which is a bit unfair horses for courses and all that)
  24. I bought a kit from gliptone, so nail brush, light brush, fairly strong sponge, dyes, degreaser, conditioner and microfibres. Went through a process of cleaning, conditioning, dying etc.
  25. Gliptone have a tonne of great leather treatments, worth having a go at the entire seat whilst you are at it...before and after on my old Zed
×
×
  • Create New...