-
Posts
4,960 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by rabbitstew
-
The "new" beetle is basically a mk4 golf with a different bodyshell on it. Id go for a diesel one if you can. I had a mk4 1.9TDI golf and it was the most economical car ive ever had. Used to return 54mpg->65mpg all the time. Mechanically they are fine. Cheap to run & maintain. Easy to work on. The 1.6 as others have said isnt the best engine, but I think with the earlier models you were limited as to what engines they came with. The only other thing is that they are definitely a girls car. My mates missus used to have a bright yellow one and he was mega embarrassed everytime he had to drive it. I remember him having to drive it to work one day and parking it about 2 miles from the office in case any of us saw him in it.
-
Heff"s zed engine bay update pictures page 6
rabbitstew replied to theheff's topic in Member Build Projects
What size spacers are they? -
Wrong rev limit for me unfortunately..... £19.99 is cheap tho. Cost me a tenner to have a new battery put in one of my old watches last weekend.
-
Hey, your cat looks just like mine! This is him when he was a kitten... now 18 months later he has taken over the sofa...
-
We went to look at brand new diesel civics last December and nowhere had any in stock, apparently there was a new model coming out this year, so they off loaded all their old ones cheap. Which if your looking at a 2nd hand one has got to be a good thing as the prices should come down a little. At least it sounds like the zed has gone to a good home. All the best with the search for your next car.
-
Ours does the same. We have a MASSIVE soft toy dog in the living room and the cat goes over, spends a good 5mins padding him with his paws, then curls up against it and goes to sleep. Apparently its an in-built thing cats do, it stems from when they do the same with their mummy, makes them feel relaxed apparently.
-
House and cars have been smashed up yet again!!
rabbitstew replied to SparksCW's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Excellent detective work there. Keep us updated with how it all goes. Id love to see more CCTV footage of the scum getting caught in the act, or seeing them get brown trousers with your new anti burgler devices!! -
I just found out that apparently the 2006 cars onwards had variable power steering. i.e. when your parking the steering goes lighter, whereas at speed it becomes heavier. At least according to the sales brouchure i just read!
-
-
House and cars have been smashed up yet again!!
rabbitstew replied to SparksCW's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Just looked at the cctv. Really feel for you mate. As others have said, if they wait for your dad to go, then whats to stop you & a bunch of mates waiting at home watching the cctv and catch the scum in the act. I know id be sitting there in my rocking chair with shotgun on my lap. All those saying get a dog... that wont always help, but might scare some people off. My aunts has (sorry, had) a f**king nasty german shepherd loose in her yard to protect her place. Some scumbags poisoned it last week, waited for it to keel over, then burgled her house. With glass on walls and stuff, im pretty sure you are legally allowed to put barbed wire etc.. up and if someone hurts themself on it then its their own fault. Id check with local council on that, as some dont like you having high fences or walls near pavements as they can stop you from seeing pedestrians as you pull out of your drive in your car. Another legal but brown trouser anti theft device is a shotgun mine. Its basically a trip wire which fires a plunger into a blank shotgun cartridge. Any burgler who trips it will promptly sh!t themselves as well as it alerting everyone in the area. -
Yep, that red switch isnt standard, but theres normally a blank switch there anyway, so i guess they figured it would be an ideal place to put a switch for something else. Wonder what it does?!!
-
With regards to the finance id speak to the finance company myself as the finance may actually be a "personal loan" rather than finance on the car. I bought a motorbike a few years back which had finance on it and when I spoke to the finance company they informed me that they regarded the loan as being against the person and not the car, and under no circumstances would they ever try to repossess the bike if the person who took the loan out was no longer the registered keeper.
-
Dunno about the plate, but thats one seriously shiny zed. I normally find the black zeds look kinda boring and plain when I see them on the road, but yours... my god, its like a mirror! Looks excellent. You must have been giving that some serious elbow polishing grease.
-
I think the orange ones are a cracking colour. You certainly wouldnt loose that in a carpark!!!! Not sure id go for a red one, from my experience of red cars previously they always tend to fade. Sometimes I wish id gone for a louder colour as I think they suit zeds, but I was very limited as to what was available at the time.
-
+1 although on the motorway its not so bad as you can overtake, but on back roads it really gets my goat when you get stuck behind some pensioner doing 45mph in a 60mph completely unaware of the queue of traffic behind them.
-
Thank god I dont drink or smoke, I wouldnt be able to afford the Zed if I did yeah its a shocker if you think about it. I was in Barcelona last week and paid 11 euros for 2 small bottles of beer, I nearly had a coronary! Anywhere in europe is a bit steep due to the exchange rate. In fact anywhere outside of the UK seems expensive now. Only way I can afford to go on holiday outside the UK is if I go all inclusive. 60p for a stamp though. Thats mental. I remember they were about 18p last time I checked! I mainly send packages though, so havent needed to check the price of a 1st class stamp for some time!
-
Newbie from scotland
rabbitstew replied to disabled-dave's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome! I was in Scotland on Friday - Edinburgh, and am going back there tomorrow. Flying up, as I think it would cost me about £500 in fuel to drive up from Cambridgeshire where I live. -
Just what i thought! I had visions of the OP driving along and the bodykit falling off!!!! Was thinking there could be some interesting pictures in this thread!
-
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
rabbitstew replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
It cost me about £4 to cut my lawn on Sunday based upon the cost of filling the petrol can up down the local garage. At least I dont have to run the mower on super unleaded! -
Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the 313. For a while I thought I was going mad as when ive mentioned that my zed has been as quick "on the road" from 30mph upwards with a couple of other cars such as an audi tt rs, a bmw 335i or even a z4m, ive had people say "oh they cant have been trying" - when on paper theres very little difference in performance and even less difference on the road. I think a lot of people on here have only had experience of the older 276bhp zeds which are a totally different kettle of fish.
-
Welcome! Wouldnt worry about the bose cd player, most people do the "ipod" hack - detailed on here.
-
The 313`s actually had bi xenons I think, rather than just xenons... Welcome! Good choice on model!
-
Id definately take the money and see if you can keep or buy back the salvage cheaply as its got to be worth a fair few quid as parts. Ive had 2 total loss accidents in the past, neither my fault and on both occasions the insurance company agreed a price with me (after lots of haggling as their 1st quote was always roughly 50% of the true market value). And on both occasions they let me keep the written off vehicle. Depending up on how much spare time I had I either stripped the car and sold for parts on ebay, or just put the entire car on ebay as it was and let someone else buy it for spares. You`ll be supprised as to how much you can get. So many cars are written off purely because the body repair shops are so greedy. My missus had a claim for a small roundabout shunt about 2 years back. I priced up how much it would cost me to repair. It needed new grill, radiator, 1 spot light, a headlamp and a bonnet. I worked out it would cost me around £500 max to repair & repaint. The insurance estimate for the repair was £2500!!! The car was only worth £3000, so it was a borderline write off!!!!
-
Whats the chances that I'll end up.............
rabbitstew replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yep, ive had that happen to a couple of my mates before. One broke his arm in 2 places and I had to call the ambulance and wait for him until it arrived. When we are out riding we tend to keep track of the person behind you to make sure they are okay and its not a good feeling when you come around a bend then cant see your mate behind you any more. I remember it being weird when i first started. I was used to push bikes, but on motorbikes you have to lean into the bend and turn the handle bars in the opposite direction it seems. Took me some getting used to! Another thing is that speed doesnt feel the same on a bike as it does in a car. If your doing 100mph on a motorbike it feels like 50mph. If your doing 100mph in a 350z roadster then you know it! -
I can count on my hands the number of zeds ive seen on the road over the last year but by far the most common colour ive seen on the road is black. Second is silver, 3rd is azure blue and then a couple of red, gun metal & ive only seen one bronze one and one midnight blue one. Thats one reason I went for the GM one as from what id seen it was more rarer, but not so rare that it was an "acquired taste" like a red, bronze or orange one which may be more difficult to resell. To be honest though I didnt have much choice, there was only 2 313 roadsters for sale within 100miles of where lived. One was a midnight blue one which just looked too boring in that colour, the other was mine.