Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Thats great stuff.thanks. Thinking of going up into the swiss Alps like Interlaken wher I spent a lot of time in the 80's. My Zed wants a trip.!!!
  2. He is playing with you guys. Stop biting and taking it personnaly:)
  3. I found you a leather cleaner so surely you can find a fly by night and there trusty DA Polisher.
  4. I agree. If you want it clean it will get cleaned.
  5. Indeed I do old chap. Windsor can have it's fair share of the fakey bakey gangs though! I just moved from opposite the Runnymead Hotel. I lived on a boat there and the insurance is actually lower than where l am now. Because the land I live on had a question regarding land subsidence. It made buildings and contents insurance higher. Why I don't know but this seemed to have knocked on to car insurance and at the time my car and contents were with the same company. I just can't get my head round it all but at least I told them to poke it and moved on. I prefer the small brokers as at least when you ring there is a chance you will speak to someone you know:)
  6. Have never used a pressure washer with mine I have always hand washed (and hand polished), just a bit of hard work and willingness to look after my car When I get the chance, Im out there with my buckets, wool mitt etc - and why not, it looks nice when its done That mobi washer actually has no pressure to write home about. It was great when the hose ban was on and one fill of the portable tank did the whole car. However nice to see someone else shares my enthusiasm for DIY:)
  7. Sorry I never even thought of that. Chris I live in a 2nd floor apartment as well. I drop the extension out the window and went and got me a http://www.mobiwasher.co.uk/ There is a solution to every problem if you want to lol. But in fairness I enjoy doing as much as I can myself and have time to do it and have a run around. However if I used it for work and had other things to occupy my life I might feel different. I just hate the car washes that don't give a hoot, I saw a Bentley Continental 2 year old last week that went into a hand wash in good condition and came out needing most of the panels doing as there was swirls everywhere.
  8. Was that supercharged clay polish Chris? Took me 5 hours with the clay bar and I believe I could have spent a lot longer.
  9. I think its great and not over the top at all. Obviously there is a demand for it and I can't see any of these guys even considering going to the local car wash to destroy what Ian has done. Depends on your attitude toward the car. I spent 5 days doing what ian has done in a few hours. I only wish i could do it as quick:)
  10. Nismo v1 front bumper at a later stage, perhaps the side skirts as well? If he did all that it would look like yours!!
  11. Dare I ask approx how much in £'s the fuel was please?
  12. I picked up a DA polisher and posted up my exploits on here Stew. Am I a fly by night lol.
  13. Nice work Mark. I am over the moon with my GTM and would I do it again? You bet I would.
  14. You would be a complete mug to pay £1400 for a detail, I would spend the money respraying the car He wouldn't be a mug! He's so tight you won't get a £5 Clapham common polish car wash out of him.
  15. Posh enough for Holmwood even:)
  16. Whats the name of the Wax please:)
  17. To be honest I am still trying to get my head round which is factually correct. I was led to believe that foaming the car and rinse off took away the need to wash But thats now obviously wrong. So if I am hand washing the car with the 2 bucket system, is there any benefit at all from foaming it 1st? This is a question not a statement:)
  18. If that video is representative of the actual product, then it's an absolute pile of sh*t. The 1st one never came up. So reposted. The £12 one was an example of cheap. Best to see what Dips budget is:) And yes it was pretty duff.
  19. http://www.monzacarcare.com/snow-foam-- ... sprayer/0/ This does away with the need for the pressure washer and is simplistic. Seen it in action ane works very well. Or this one thats as cheap as chips http://www.monzacarcare.com/snow-foam-- ... sprayer/0/ As your car is pretty much on the ball and location ect I would suggest the top one. Ring them and they will fast post it to you. Went to Halfords and not impressed.
  20. Does this mean that we now have to justify what we sell?
  21. Are your cars on a makeover holiday?
  22. Keep at it Guys. I cant contribute any more as I am drained out:)
  23. He will be driving it, got married and be a Grandad at this rate.
  24. I 2nd that. I am unchecking the box that notifies of a reply. I will surely go mad if I read anymore of this gibberish.
×
×
  • Create New...