Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Is this why my offside rear wants to overtake the front when I accelerate?
  2. All I can say is I should have sought advice before I bought my last set of tyres. I have Bridgestone Potenza's 050A all round. 275/35/18 on the rear ans 245/35/18 on the front. If I excellerate above 75% of full throttle in 2nd the rear of the car kicks out quite violently to the right In the wet I tend to go from 1st to 3rd as it kicks out at 50%. I know this sounds daft but if i have a passenger it hardley ever happens and if it does its easily controllable. I dont recall this happening when I 1st bought the car and I had changed them to the above mentioned size b4 the uprev. It still did not kick out. It was not until I after I had the supercharger fitted that I really noticed it? So until I run these tyres out of tread i have to put up with them. As you know these tyres are not cheap. But I can't seem to find any positive stories about the Bridgestone!
  3. I would go with the above as you have a pro helping you now. I am a novice:)
  4. The only way your going to stop swirls is stop using Polish and Albainian car washes:) "Exterminate the Swirls) Or if he lives near you he could get you to do it!
  5. Go to Monza car care and by this machine http://www.monzacarcare.com/complete-ki ... olisher/0/ Then get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280922429930? ... 1497.l2649 I only say go to ebay for the microfibre kit as its nearly £10 cheaper. Then go back to Monza and study all the tutorals and watch the self help videos that every product has.. This is what I did. A posted a thread up here about using this system which can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=62028 If your like me and have time to keep at it thats fine, but don't think for one moment you will get results like Wasso or Envy 1st time round as its just not going to happen. The meguires DA Microfibre System is very easy to use and full instructions are on the mobile site. I still have not made up my mind about the top wax coat as I have Miglore and dodo canuba. Good luck. I was going to say stay out of the sun light but no need:)
  6. Egzakery:)
  7. Wash your mouth out! Meguairs ultimate compound, poorboys black hole glaze and a good quality wax after. Machine polisher.......Meguairs g220. Job = carrot That should do the trick!
  8. Silly Billy
  9. PM Wasso Or get a DA polisher and the meguires microfiber system and DIY.
  10. Is that a gay thing?
  11. I only just got back. I am only 1000'yards from there so waited until I got home b4 I put the dreaded eye drops in that make the pupil enlarged so the eye rests. Just a white blurr in my left eye now. That's buggered up the Tuesday Brighton run from Croydon! anyway you car is looking nice:)
  12. The bull was in reference to the Bullshine on the car. Dont disbelieve for one moment about the average mpg on a motorway. And you were doing 70 not 80 you miss typed. I am not sure about your car but the 2 HR's I have owned would sit on 34mpg at 70. Infact I seem to get a better average at 70 than I do at 56 for some strange reason. I should have text you to pick me up from A&E at St Helier seeing as you were floating about. I am barred from driving for about 2-3 weeks:( I still have another eye lol.
  13. I smell some Bull lol!!!
  14. Thats what I do, reset both the mpg and trip A computer on fill up, then multiply the average mpg by 17.5 then subtract what it says on trip A = miles left Of course it would be much handier to print out the guide on fixing the issue and perform it, but i'm way too lazy for that right now I cant do that because my computer tells me I am averaging 48 in town and 64-72 on a run!!! Ever since having the super charger installed! It's one thing after the next at the moment:( sob sob
  15. Lazy boy! http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/shell_station_locator/online_station_locator Buckland. Effingham or Warnham Roundabout. They do seem to be closing down at a rapid rate. My baby likes her Champagne V-power so if they close she wont like dropping to the Tesco House white!!!
  16. Oh course I am lazy. It is Sundy after all!
  17. I could as I'm really good at it, however I use an app to work out my car fuel figures. It tracks every fill up. I just down loaded one called "Fuel calculater" from the app store. It was the only one I could find that was not in Yanky gallons. It would be interesting to see just how much more a supercharger gives you when driven at normal speeds. The computer displays 64mpg Average at 70mph on a run and thats not right because of the amount of fuel I put in. It is slightly better than before though! I am guessing the supercharger has confused a few of the electronics. I wonder if it can be ajusted!
  18. So where is the nearest shell to the Cockeral Roundabout Graham? I thought gibons grove and Holmwood were Esso!
  19. I could as I'm really good at it, however I use an app to work out my car fuel figures. It tracks every fill up. What's it called and will it work on an Iphone please. It would be interesting to see just how much more a supercharger gives you when driven at normal speeds. The computer displays 64 at 70mph on a run and thats not right because of the amount of fuel I put in. It is slightly better than before though!
  20. Many years ago I ran a 3.0 Granada out of fuel and had problems with it for months afterwards. It would cough and splutter at will and ended up stripping down the carb. Kind of stuck with me and now i won't let either of my cars run under a third full!
  21. Well you could baffle the women with your maths!
  22. Well at least i don't drive 5 miles to my nearest Tesco or Tosco as you put it Mr Girnet !:)
  23. Umm you need to find a hobby Dip?
  24. Shell V-Power old boy.
×
×
  • Create New...