Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Gearbox and diff fluid is supposed to be lifetime fluids You and I may know that but it did not stop the service manager at Nissan in Shepperton trying to charged me £150 to change the transmission fluid on my Nissan Patrol that only had 40,000 on the clock. I was a bit green at the time but not so green that i did not try elsewhere. Thats when Dan Perkins at Watford told me that they test the Viscosity and don't change unless nessasary. In the end I went to Apsley motor spares and spent about £50 on parts and did all myself. However the Zed is a different story. By my own choice I asked Abbey to change all the fluids and drain gearbox/diff etc and replace with what they thought was the best stuff, at the same time of fitting the GTM S/C. That way I had piece of mind and I am happy with my decision. But how do people that don't have our knowledge find out unless we paint it in big red letters on bill boards and place them outside Nissan dealerships! maybe have a post under the heading "Warning read before you go to a main dealer"!
  2. Give over......spacers make next to bog all difference unless your hooning all over the place. Is there a post anywhere on this forum were everyone sings from the same hymn sheet lol! And what's "Hooning" is that like smoothing out the lumps in the dirt from round ya runner beans?
  3. I got 20mm spacers from Zedman and put them on all 4 corners. Also increased the tyre width to 275 on the back and 245 on the front. So widened the car by 10cm on the rear and 8 on the front. I find it handles ok but each to there own:) However if I had the energy I would take the spacers off to see how it handles with just the extra rubber. I did the whole lot at the same time. If I found that it did drive better with them off then they would go on ebay. I would rather have more rubber on the road anyway.
  4. Then it has to be down to the hourly rate surely? I know the large West london Nissan dealership wants £600+ for a P3 and funny enough they wanted to charge me the same price as they did for my Nissan pathfinder! I did ask Dan Perkings at Watfors and they were £200 cheaper as they said they don't change all the fluids!! I gave up because they were all talking nonsense!
  5. Believe me I know guys who would snap that price up just to get the main dealership stamp in the book! No not I !! Really, I thought it was over priced myself but with no independent near dont have any choice, now if I had kept my BM or Jag then no probs, independents within a mile or two both with good reps. Well this thred has opened my eyes on price variation.
  6. Believe me I know guys who would snap that price up just to get the main dealership stamp in the book! No not I !!
  7. I am coming to you next time. What part of Surrey are you in? We're in North Yorkshire so would be a bit of a trek, just put a price up for comparrison, forgot to say all you guys get 10% of those prices to for been a member on here I would still save money lol:)
  8. I am coming to you next time. What part of Surrey are you in?
  9. What are Sprinkles? Lady members , because there used to only be a sprinkling of them, Now there is tons and they're trying to take over call them bitches Meeooow. I better not say what I thought it was being ex Army!
  10. Around £630
  11. What are Sprinkles?
  12. Dave your starting to sound like some of the others on here that never have anything nice to say lol. You know you will be barred from mummycare if you keep it up!
  13. Price they charge you would think it was Veyrons!!
  14. At least being 2nd hand you won't have to pay import tax and or VAT. So you could be quids in:)
  15. Could be worth it? We don't have to be there at the crack of dawn when it opens, otherwise we will be leaving the night b4? I do not know the area so maybe a mutual place. time and address would be cool:)
  16. 4 Visits to Abbey now in the last 2 weeks and always a smile and instant help. Thanks again:)
  17. What a useless advert!
  18. All transferable Stew. Kev T has the same kit and a nice thought but the coffers are empty:( And an ideal solution to the problem. I was going down the route of selling the 350 for a 370 when I sold my narrowboat. But I got impatient and the rest is history. If things get to bad I might have to look about for someone who would consider doing a swop. But lets be realistic, who would want to swop there 370 auto for a 2009 350 with 15000 on the clock. Even if it has had £36k invested in it and is 444 bhp at the wheels. (soon to be more lol) Now who wants there leather done? lol.
  19. Could have done with that today as I was cold! I want one and a good boy sticker on my car Chris!
  20. Go for it as it could do with some constructive feedback:)
  21. Surely if you have what you perceive as a bad experience with a dealership over test driving a car, then yes on that count I would deem it reasonable to go elsewhere to buy a 370. However. you now say you are now not going to buy a 370 period! If you were serious about buying one you would swallow and go elsewhere. The bit I dont understand about your post is the relevance to owning a car that in your words "I have a car that would paste a 370Z in most departments apart from age and upkeep, surely as an owner of two 300ZX and an R33 GT-R with a brand loyalty, I have acted reasonably here"? Why would you feel the need to bring this up on a 350/370 forum! as the message that is coming across to us is that you feel you are superior by having a car thats 500bhp and will paste a 370z. Think Kev T and a few others might comment on that! Hopefully like most Nissan dealerships. Westway are reading this and may comment themselves! Maybe you both rubbed each other up the wrong way! However if you are serious about buying from a dealership that will treat you with respect and you don't mind a trip to West London I can give you a contact.
  22. Now these are the sort of reply's we are looking for! Thanks for that, I found it very informative:)
  23. It's not the ankle thats the problem. The fracture is right over the bit you use to depress the clutch. If I have any hope of keeping up with swifty (Ebized) I need a softer clutch pedal!
  24. Just goes to show how little i know! I thought a lightweight clutch means the peddle is softer! Duurrr
  25. Well the shock of the Sun being out caught me by surprise!!
×
×
  • Create New...