Jump to content

ioneabee

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,846
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ioneabee

  1. you have to be parked..................but its the pre - premium version, so may not do it at all
  2. that just smacks of gross incompetancy..............and then no apology or lift home..............I'd be f'ing furious if they'd apologised and gotten you home, I probably would have accepted it
  3. sorry to see that saskhi I used cerium oxide on my window when it was marked, with a rotary DA - very similar process to the 1st vid above cerium oxide though, is a very very fine grit/polish I think I have some left if you want to try it works a treat
  4. ^^^ :lol:
  5. it could be - but I also need to get a cello and timps in it - might strugle
  6. ah :redzed: - much better ......................... and relax
  7. I didn't think anything came out the other end with those things................
  8. I'm currently in the market for a family wagon - but we're looking at the XC60 - I have to say comfort level is beyond belief
  9. quite like that...............but I would
  10. seriously - ................I'm about to have my lunch
  11. same with me - had all 3 DofE and the queens - I'm convinced it made a difference early on as well
  12. I wouldn't stress too much over it - he's going to be cleaning the loos - pmsl
  13. I used to be a Sea Scout Leader.................but due to work commitments I had to give it up my brother-in-law is an explorer leader in Brecon - he's heading off to Japan (I think) next year to help out with the Jamboree
  14. you should get some of these
  15. it says something when you have to prompt everyone
  16. and my terminology may be out of date but I know what I mean
  17. Fodder - I don't take offence......and I understand I do appreciate the comments cheers
  18. Fodder - I hear your pain and do agree to a certain extent - but I do know hardware !! I will be getting someone in to check up the networking side of things Not quite sure where you think I don't understand the needs of the business though? backup solutions, raid etc has all been considered and is already being done in any case - I have indemnity insurance as well I do accept that this is heading into the regions that I would prefer not to cover, so may just hand it over once i've built the platforms edit - ah, extra info whilst I was typing - come back to that in a mo
  19. ah - brilliant advice - thanks the server is always being used by the practice manager - so no issue with it being logged on i'll steer clear of ssd for now then as there will be the boot drive and a 2tb spindle drive - start up speed is not critical - reliability and stability is
  20. I'm confused by your question individual programs etc are run of the individual pc with a network connection to a central PC (or server) where all data is stored and accessed the business is a private dental practice - i started looking after it when they had 1 pc and all their records were on paper I'm not a network expert but have repaired and looked after single pc's for years - what i have is self taught (but that knowledge is getting a little strained these days) the reason i said windows 7, is because I know it.................i have no experience of Server 2012 at all.........and that makes me nervous - i have to have him up and running over the weeked for the bootable hard drive, is an SSD an option or should it be steared clear of ? thanks
  21. I've always used standard components for this business and previously running off windows xp pro I'm due to upgrade this system this week are there any particular recomendations for hardware and windows 7 versions I should be looking at there are 5 additional pc's running off the server
  22. ...and surely there was some speed involved for it to leave the road like that in the first place and demolish the railings? Beggars belief. God forbid you do 44 on a 40 dual carriageway though then they throw the book at you, points, fines the lot. Because that is so much more dangerous. Deserted dual carriageway at 3am Madness that they can let that go, probably not cost effective to prosecute without any evidence and to gather any would take up too many resources - like looking at the CCTV footage do I spot a touch of sarcasm there ?
  23. Some people just got no taste bud your snake certainly hasn't
  24. Jonny Jones - that is just gross
  25. I'll give the 2p that Buster eventually finds at the zed shed driveway
×
×
  • Create New...