-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
do you even know where the diff is on your car? I don't even know what a diff does....don't they limit their slipping sometimes?
-
Accidentally posted twice! Doh - so I'll edit this post with a few details of the car 2003 UK GT pack 27000 miles Current rubber is abysmal - RE040's on the front (just legal) and Maxxis on the back (sadly loads of tread) OEM aerial swapped for S2000 Stubby 2 owners (lived in Newcastle for 6 or its 7 years apparently)
-
NOOOOO I can't buy any more......well this week anyway! Tax disc holder and stubby were the order of the day this week. Looking at my pics the seats look quite dire actually - they look a lot better in the flesh.....just that little inch long but of scuffing on the driver bloster.
-
Very nice mate - just spent the better part of the day doing ours!
-
I've always enjoyed cleaning cars since being a nipper but without actually having any understanding of what detailing actually was until I joined here.........I was an acolyte of Hellfords cleaning range. Gonna have a crack at doing the Lancer next week. Need to do the MX5 before I cover it up until we sell it in the spring too. I'm catching you up with the cleaning products Mart!
-
Aye - all cars with air con do it I think. Something to do with the condenser purging the moisture its filters from the car ......but I'm quite happy to be corrected on that
-
Anders!!! You and your crazy meddling?!?! You sure you've not accidentally tried to install a volvo diff
-
Welcome mate Spend a little bit more if you can - its worth it in the long run. Keep an eye on the forum for sale if you don't go for this one - you can check the history on a forum car much easier than you can elsewhere due to the handy 'advanced search' function! The clutch feels VERY heavy when compared to a more suburban run around........I think a few people have swapped them out for Exedy clutches which are light (I believe). Luckily the engine is very versatile so driving round town is actually a fairly relaxing event. Good luck!!
-
I did.....like a semi retarded zombie I limped around the car *edit - AGAIN* with my sodden drying cloth! Thanks for the comments all.
-
Well after nearly a month since Carla got the Zed I've finally got back from holiday, recovered from the jet lag, dragged my ass through a week in work and spent some quality time with the Zed and £200 of cleaning bits I've amassed over the last 2 months!!! Piccies as requested (only crappy mobile pics I'm afraid - I'll take some 'arty' stuff in the future) and in case anyones interested I've listed the products used below; -Dodo Juice shampoo -Dodo juice clay lube -Claybar (can't remember which make) -Dodo juice Orange Crush Wax -Gliptone leather cleaner -Gliptone leather conditioner -Gliptone regular use cleaner (not used this time but it will become the regular cleaner) -Simonez interior plastic cleaner -Simonez tyre black -RainX water repellant -Autosol metal cleaner -Meguiars Gritguard wash bucket -Lambs wool wash mitt -Meguiars water magnet drying towel -About 300,000 microfibre cloths! (in fairness most of these were free from ebay and a couple of posh ones from Envy Valeting) -1 dishcloth was sacrificed for the engine bay. This is the first time I've used 'proper' detailing kit. Prior to joining the forum I always prided myself in being good at valeting - using sponges, buckets that I also used for weeding , leathers to dry and water blades.........the difference in the finish (ok it took me 4 hours as opposed to 2) is mahusive! The Dodo Juice wax is AWESOME.....so much so that after spending all afternoon cleaning it I actually stumbled back out to the car and sprayed it with the hosepipe & took some piccies just because I know some of you are a bit weird like me and like to see the bubbling or the water on the paint work.......then I had to dry it again......so tired.....so so tired......here's pics.......must sleep now....zzzzzzzzzz These are just after washing - note no 'pooling' of water; This is the finished article - washed, dried, clayed, waxed, windows treated with RainX The seats are very good anyway considering the car is 7 years old anyway but they did improve with the glyptone (in fact the passenger seat didn't really need doing it looks brand new) Paintwork close up after waxing As always any comments welcome and also thanks to everyone for demanding some piccies - I know its only a standard car but you all still harped on for pics which was most encouraging in my darkest hours when microfibres were low and my brew had run out
-
I've got a spare dictionary if its any use anders?
-
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Spot on mate. Carla is allergic to animals so I adopted her a meerkat for her at the zoo - she loved it......then she went and got 5 degus and itched a lot but still it was thoughtful at the time! -
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Riceys Missus here! I'll give you an honest list..... (I will ignore the comments he made earlier, will deal with him later I will put him out in the ) Depends what time of missus you have, Girlie, into cars, loves clothes, shoes, handbags, jewellery, etc etc. (meeee) 1) - Jewellery, but not any, look at 'links of London' or 'Tiffanys', (if budget can stretch) If not try http://www.swarovski.com Getting something engraved is always good. like inside of a silver ring, etc. 2) - Radley purse and bag. (Cheshire Oaks outlet villiage have a store with really good discount, I bought a purse from there the other day £28.00 from £45!!) 3) - Shopping spree!! 4) - Concert tickets, or as Paul rightly said about me earlier, I love going the theatre in London, always a good treat, gets you away too. 5) - Always good to though in a few dvd's / cd's or a good book to read. I'll give it a rest now, hope this helps. I LOVE XMAS! I know what I'm getting Paul.............more cleaning products so he can spruce my Zed up! -
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=35662 Apparently not the first time this has been discussed!
-
1 good reason springs instantly to mind.........its a 3.5 litre V6 engine producing 287 bph and 274 ft-lb or torque coupled to a growling twin exit zorst
-
Have his hand off mate!!!!! I'm having to shell £190 for a new Lancer mirror because not a sod sells them for the new model apart from Mitsi.
-
Sorry for being a complete mong (and it sounds like its lucky I stumbled on this!) but don't axle stands go on the axles? I've just ordered a pair and I was going to put the back up to try and work out where this knocks coming from.....luckily they're yet to be delivered
-
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Doitdoitdoit!!!! Saw Muse in Manchester last month and I've got to say they were unbelievable........I probably enjoyed them more than seeing U2 at Wembley. This ones always a good trick - hotel and theatre break in The Smog. The missus loves Laaaandon for some reason (presumably due to the fact she can drag me round Oxford Street shopping for hours without actually purchasing anything). Unfortunately you have to go too and end up stuck watching some goon prancing round a stage for 2 hours whilst you slowly melt your brain trying to work out why anyone would want to actually pay to see this crap in the first place.....and a beer will cost you about 30 quid! The dog is right........it never fails. They're like bloody magpies anything sparkly raises an approving nod. -
Especially when the boiler brakes........that another 2k gurgling down the drain this weekend! Suppose it's devine retrobution for working for a Sub-Prime mortgage company. You'll probably also find that the BTL mortgage market is coiled tighter than a boa-constrictors butt cheeks at the moment........only the likes of Sarnie can dig out anything near reasonable and I bet thats not an easy task at the mo.
-
Basement cat will rise and wreak vengence on ceiling cat and all that follow him!!!!!!
-
Welcome buddy!
-
How frickin bizarre. Got home after reading this in work and found a flock of flies nesting on about 2 panels of the bodywork! Swines!
-
Dude how in blue hell are you getting quotes like that. Our insurance is 2x 28 year olds (but Mrs is named as main driver ) with 4 years NCB and its only costing £580 to cover 7k per year. Try Admiral multicar too. I bought a 2nd house to rent as an investment - slightly different in that it was in 2007 pretty much at the peek of the market (dropped ever since!!! ) and I can tell you its like a bloody vacuum for cash!
-
Gulp! Good luck with it and if you get any probs there are plenty of helpful peeps on here to get you through
-
I'm going to state the obvious and just say for the love of god stay away for the crap on Ebay!!!!!!! I bought one that I believe was 'tailor made' to cover the MX5........it could literally of covered a sherman tank and promptly blew off in the wind! .......probably made by the same company that brough us 'rear seat covers for the 350Z'.