-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Ok.........please don't bleed from the eyes because you so bored of people asking about clunks. I've held off for a month and tried to burrow my way through the other clunk posts but I cant pin it down. The 'clunk' sounds like a large ball bearing being dropped on a piece of wood..... a fairly dull noise. I'm pretty sure it comes from the rear passenger side. Its not constant but on a bouncy bit of road it will make it more than once (potentially a clunckclunk!!). Its deffo not clicky axle and its deffo a clunk not a click or a creak. The stuff in the boot/wheel is all nice and tight. I can't make the clunk happen (swerving or turning sharply, slowly, wide) but it will happen on every journey.....I think it happens more when the car bounces up and down as opposed to any side to side shifting that the road might cause . I'm going to use my new axle stands at the weekend (lets hope budget ebay axle stands doesn't = squished Ricey) to have a peek underneath but as I'm a mechanical spod does anyone have an bits check that could make a dull clunck.......I'm thinking exhaust but I'm almost sure its from the left hand side. My mate had a listen and thinks it'll be nothing and not to worry about it but its making my nips itch its that annoying.
-
Best bet is find a local forum member who knows there onions to be honest. RAC are supposed to be good but they are bleeding expensive (well subject to them not saving you several thousand buying a dog of a car in which case they are a bargin )
-
in all honest if your doing an airfield day propely you'll hardly burn any of the tyre off. at most 1 mm. on the other hand if you spend the day deliberalty spinning out and trying to power slide and the tyres spend most of their time lit up then yes you should hopefully see the canvas in the tyre I haven't got an intricate knowledge of Tarmacs driving styleeee.......just pointing out that what he doesn't want to do is inadvertently fook something up and find he has turned a £500 bill into a much scarier one with loads of air sucking and 'its gonna cost you guvner' quotes. I guess what I'm getting at is that it sounds like one of them things that I'd go and do with nothing to lose but your luck runs out and you end up getting landed on by a rogue 747 or something. Feck it..........burn the rubber all the way to hell!
-
Without being a kill joy I'd say go for it but be warned if I see a thread on here entitled; - Wheel bearing turned to dust by hairpin - Arrrgghhh I slid into a wall - Cops did me for 4 bald tyres on way home.......licence lost - Does anyone have a spare engine? - Brakes cooked - £500 to replace. I can't promise that I won't laugh and point Flog all 4 on ebay......for every semi legal tyre for sale there's a ready made dickwit waiting to buy.
-
All gone.........thread can be lockerated.
-
Join up to quidco too...........they're paying £45 cashback on Admiral (who are usually the cheapest in my experiance if your a younger driver) Multicar. On a side note does anyone know/use quicdo?? Is it worth me putting on a separate thread explaining what they do? I've coined about £200 off them for basically doing bugger all.
-
Zugara's going to have a sparkling hood.........1 left
-
Repo man must of had a fricking field day picking this up!!! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201035367036855/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/1000000/price-from/500000/postcode/ch35jy/radius/1501/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p
-
Maybe best to keep a running list and approx cost as people suggest/agree with them. Then a newbie can keep track in case the thread does run off track eg 1. Stubby for OEM aerial (s2000 is a pretty decent fit - mine cost about £12 off ebay)
-
Being as its the only mod I've done (until Dan gets his spanner out and whips his pop charger and slam plate off!!!).........stubby for the gangly OEM aerial!. Doesn't sound major but even the missus said she thought it looked miles better
-
Ordered Autoglym Engine cleaner from ebay.........got a hood cleaner delivered Resent the engine cleaner.............got another hood cleaner delivered Resent the engine cleaner.............got an engine cleaner! The slightly embarrassed ebayer in question said I could keep the hood cleaners and flog them for the inconvenience despite several offers from me to return them. I figure as it cost me nothing I'd add to the already loving, caring and sharing atmos that we've got going on in here and offer it up for free or if you feel the need you can sling something my way (any cleaning/zed related crud taking up shelf space in your shed will do but don't feel obliged to do so.........a spare Nizmo exhaust would be nice ). I'm pretty sure its this kit but its in the shed and there were some evil looking spiders glaring at me last time I went in there at night. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-FABRIC-HOOD-MAINTENANCE-KIT-/120627699428?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c15f89ee4#ht_500wt_922 Our MX5 is a PVC roof so no use to us. Must of cost this bloke over 40 quid to send me a £6 bottle of engine cleaner! Let me know if anyone can make use of it.....if your offering a swop I'll cover the postage.......if not then I'll need that covering.
-
Pop charger and slam panel I am interested in BTW
-
You have a PM.........in the word of the seagulls in Finding Nemo.......mineminemineminemine.
-
Elephant, Admiral, Bell and Pinnacle (all the same group) are AMAZING!!!!!!!.....................for getting you through the door then UTTER UTTER shash if anything happens (large parts of the operation operation is offshored too which doesn't always help). I've had a few run-in's with some of the twonks working there. Cost £35 just to swap the private plate off the old case and on to the new one!! In fairness though I think most companies these days employ some poor sod in Mumbai who's a trained neurosurgeon to answer insurance enquiries - typically coupled with a collection of utter 'tards who are about as much use as a tramps liver in a dingy call centre in Cardiff. Every now and again you may stumble upon the one minion who's actually some use but they'll probably get the bullet before long for refusing to push 'Gold Standard' roadside assistance on you every time you call. ........sorry was I ranting then! You could always get his insurance details and go through them? I always find that generates much less hassle provided he's admitted liability to his insurers and you don't pay any excess.
-
Very nice mate! Love the colour combo on the spoiler. Think were going to go dark on the rays......gloss or maybe that smoked Chrome. Real nice looking motor though.
-
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Had a crap day today but that really brought a smile to my face. What a lovely moment and thanks for sharing it with us . Pete Cheers Pete ......actually she actually cried for a rather inordinate length of time.......to the point where folk walking passed were giving me funny looks must of thought I was breaking up with her! I had to drive it home too! Same with the zed.....first time she drove it today and its her car! -
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It was fairly epic but a word of warning...........once you've bought her a car for a pressie where do you go from there!! Story of my life.........peaked too soon -
http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40562 Similar sitation a few months ago with some advice about insurance claims.......if you can get his insurance details to claim from directly then I would take that route - notify your own though.
-
If you go through insurance make sure you nominate your own bodyshop otherwise it'll probaby get shipped off to some losers like Howard Basford to bodge. Good luck
-
Well done Anders.....he who dares wins. Even more well done for ignoring everything I say........its usually for the best
-
I was desperately racing to take the pics with the sun on it (I think the metallic really catches in the sun) but as you can see I missed it by about 30 mins Thats a very good point - in fact thats slightly worrying because when I first lifted it up it was an inch off the glass......how the hell did it get up there?!?!?
-
christmas is looming - what to buy the missus
Ricey replied to kevlo's topic in Off Topic Discussion
This is the way to do it!! Couple of years back though.........ignore my condescending voice Bagged up the MX5 and stashed it at bodelwyddan castle a few days earlier - the 'present' was a night in the hotel at the castle (which was god awful and therefore made the real present even better). http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/ricey001/?action=view¤t=MOV00157.mp4 What made it even better was when we drove into the car park she pointed at it and said 'THATS how I want my MX5 to look' -
Haha! Funny you should say that.....I noticed i'd left the hose in shot on one of my pics - its the latest fashion
-
Got to give a +1 on this to be honest mate......you are a bit of legend for trying. Might be worth cracking the wd40 out and having another crack in the morning.