-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Thats good news! All I've had in my ear for the last 6 months is how if it rains I'm dead (apparently its my fault every other sod in work booked the entire summer off ) -
Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Not yet. I'll get the missus to take one tomorrow after she's had the joy of washing the gore off for me In a rather unprecidented bout of organisation I even remembered to take a 'before' picture a few months ago! ......I'll check with my agent to make sure they can go in the public domain.......no....no I haven't got an agent -
Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
MAYBE I AM!!!!!!!!! no....no I'm not Mate I'm going to a place where about 1000 other idiots have booked a holiday dead bang in the middle of hurricane season.....brain cells will not be in abundance. Doesn't say a lot for me like but I blame peer pressure from the missus to go on holiday! I'll see what she says tomorrow....provided I can speak through the pain! Shoulder blades dude........unpleasent beyond all imaginable belief! -
Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Good shout but its a 2 month wait for a sitting and I look like a right tit at the min because she literally cut dead half way though the colouring of the tribal!...........I'm half coloured in! -
Fresh ink in the sun - 2 weeks enough to heal!
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yikes! This is not going to go down well with the missus! I've had a Fallen Angel based very closely on the picture on this link accross about half of my back and an old tribal recoloured and expanded across the top of my back and shoulders.....it kind of all got a bit out of hand! http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fallen%20angel&order=9&offset=0&offset=48#/dorbm7 I'm on my 6th sitting now and the last 5 have all been healed within 2 weeks perfectly......I might just bag up some of that factor 2000 total block that you use on kiddies (well provided you have kids and your not just a bit odd) to cover the tat. -
I'm having the final sitting on my tattoo tomorrow (12 hours later and I can safely say I'm DONE with tattoos!).....however I'm going away on the 17th to Cuba. Aside from the fact its Hurricane season and I'm more likely to be blown to my death than sunburned does anyone know if the requirement to stay out of direct sunlight and the pool is just until its healed or should it be longer. I can't really be doing with flying 9 hours to hide under an umberella with a t-shirt on.......or in tthe more likely case - be airlifted from a partially submerged hotel thats just been tw@@ed by hurricane Cyril with a t-shirt on.
-
I've been in your boat before with the age/insurance thing. Its a bloody tightrope. Do what I've done and set up a dummy quote on your insurers website - just call yourself Mr Test Test (otherwise it'll detect from your name that you've got a policy and direct you to the Customer Services line ). Play around with adding an accident - not at Fault and see how it affects you. It shouldn't be that bad but as my prev post shows........it hit me for nearly £100 (I'm 28 with the missus - also 28 - as the main driver on the mythical Zed that we're never actually going to frigging buy because we unrealistically expect to buy a minter for 9k from a garage ). Like Anders said - don't be scared off by us lot........we're just preparing you for the worst that could happen. If the cops gee him up you might be able to claim direct from him in which case 'simples' and your smiling - he might even offer to pay
-
I've never used these lot but my old man has - they're pretty popular in my neck of the woods........well as popular as salvage yards get! http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/ Quick look shows a ruck of volvos in there............all ready to be pimped
-
Sorry mate it was on autotrader and advert expired a few hours before I made the post......not entirely convinced it'll be another £29 well spent banging it back on! Strange though.......stealers want to take my arm off but private - not a sniff! Saw a Black 2004 GT for £8750 this morning.....again - if it looks to good to be true it probably is......and it was. All the usual you would expect as per Colins post above - kerbing, few little scratches, filthy engine bay. Service history was described as full.......well it was full - full of invoices for brakes and tyres! 1 stamp, no record of any P1, P2 or P3 schedual and no sign of any plugs, filters ETC. Then I took it for a test drive - ABS and ESP lights on permenantly and ABS kept kicking in under light braking - sensor that he's having replaced apparently. In a bit of a mental mood I offered him full price if he recon'd the alloys, checked the service history for plugs ETC and checked the discs and pads weren't knackered.........he said no!!!! Bullet dodged I think! Might just apply a match to the Maz's tank and use the insurance monies to buy Denes!
-
R plate MX5 import - immaculate 48k and not 1 single call at £2500! Quality experiance.........here's the keys mate. Dead....as.....a.....nail. Must of been sat there for months. Bumper has been sprayed too. If it was aftermarket it looked fairly cheap and nasty.
-
Your spot on mate. We've tried selling the motor for a few weeks.......literally nada and we're not even taking the micky with the price - we're only asking £300 more than trade! I'd rather give some hard working member my money because I know it will be looked after. I don't think I've ever had a good experiance with any dealer in fairness! I have however found one that we're viewing at 9am tomorrow morning which is either too good to be true or could be the 'one'.......its in fact so good I'm not even posting any links until I've seen it!! Cheers for the encouragement though!!
-
Being a noobie I'll munch humble pie if I'm wrong but if it was a convertible isnt it about 2 years too old to be a UK car? No sign of anything matching the description on fleabay or autotrader for £4995 or £14995. Maybe it was a salvage jobbie and the assend was crunchola'd?
-
"low price due to quick sale required".....God loves a trier eh! "low price due to car being written off, Maxpowered with tacky mods by 'Saxo-mod Ironbridge', the undoubted 'lost histroy' and obliterated leather - coveted by spurious looking Astra drivers everywhere (see last pic)" How the hell can you make the leather look that kack after 38!!
-
you do have to question the intentions of anyone who purchases a car as beautiful as a Zed then sticks a £4.50 Halfords V6 on it (at least Halfords have italizised the 'V6' to make it a bit classier Its in Telford by the looks of it......might be worth asking Slimjim if he viewed it before he got his car (think he's from that neck of the woods).
-
Yep I'm an expert.........I didn't just search for 205-45-17's on Blackcircles or any kind of cheating like that
-
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 seems to be a pretty close match http://www.reviewparts.com/prodimages/YokohamaParada%20Spec%2021817.jpg
-
Cheers mate. Unfortunatley we need to px our current car which rules us out of any private sales - restricted to giving the hard earned to a stealer Funnily enough in the time its taken for me to put my whinge on a Black UK 54 plate with less milage, full history, Rays and GT pack has gone up for sale for £8750 so I might go and check that out before declaring 'all is lost'!
-
Finally went to see our first Zed today.........and we're both a little as a result of it. We're only looking to spend 9k so I know we're only just peeking into Zed territory but is this really what we're going to come up against or can you buy a car with comparativly few issues - Alloys were kerbed (slightly but needed refurbing) - Drivers side leather was obliterated on the bolster - The metallic looking bits on the steering wheel looked as though a lacquer was peeling off - Gearknob more warn than Ashley Coles little soldier - Still cannot work out why it has UK bumpers on an import - no obvious crash damage and HPI checks out but something in my gut says its not right. The garage reckon its been imported from Germany so has UK spec - all the docs are in Japanese so he's talking bull. - Has the wrong flap for the cubby hole and no one knows why! (cheers for spotting that Husky!) - CD player was dire! - Both headlights scratched and fogged up after the rain. On the plus side; - Imported at 17k and has full service history up to 55k (61k on the clock now) - Service history was good and all invoices present - looks like he has looked after it well. - Started up straight away and no nasty noises ETC (Couldn't test drive because of where it was positioned on the forecourt) - Engine bay was immaculate Is this what we should be expecting for 9k or am I being unrealistic? I can't really be bothered spending another grand on a car just to get it into a reasonably condition. May possibly have a look at this one (another import) but it has no history - would anyone buy a car of this type with no history even if it drove tight and had no issues with it? http://www.georgesonscars.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z--SY04EUN-4
-
Proper top effort re both threads mate. Shes looking mighty fine.......you can clean mine for me when we get it as punishment for sharking this one
-
As far as my fairly limited research goes I'd agree. It can be done but its just a LOT harder to get all your essentials in. Depends what your lifestyle is like too. If you excercise a lot then stopping meat will mean you need to eat even more to make up the protien and other good stuff that meat give you. My other half decided she was going to be a veggie for about 3 months.........the weight I had spent 6 months and what felt like 1 billion hours in the gym putting on dropped off in weeks because I was basically forced into not eating meat
-
Depends if your doing it for ethical or health reasons. Personally I think you need to eat meat for a healthy balanced diet. If its because for one reason or another you no longer think its ethical to eat meat then to each his own. So the study goes.......the average human will carry 5lbs of undigested mean in their colon by the age of 50....mmmmmm undigested meat (which incidentially I would rather eat the undigested meat from my own colon than a tofu burger!)
-
Sod that! Get the South African anti car jacking flame thrower thingy....... backdraft biatch!
-
OMG I just nearly wet myself laughing at this - look what I found from the same shop but painted yellow instead red wait for it......... Descaler Water Conditioner for Boiler Dishwasher Shower 350136761182 Apparently due to magnetohydrotechnology.........blahblahblah!
-
I remember another one from a few years back on ebay called the 'Vortex' which was a piece of jagged sort of cog shaped metal that apparently did the same thing. What always amazes me is the amount of people who buy one, actually think its working and leave positive feedback!! Given the way the government is with climate change these days.......if it aint fitted already, it probably doesn't work. That said I've got a chip box for my diesel lancer (£250 which is at the real 'low end' of the prices you should pay) and that does give slightly better fuel economy and about 15bhp more.