-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
I think they do a nice line in plug in chips for £40 that give you 50bph more too
-
Good work mate! Best get saving for his 450Z (release date 2027)
-
My humble opinion dude.........yes. As I said you sound a pretty straight up guy so I'm sure you wouldn't ahem *forget* about declaring it but always remember that its in an insurance companies interest to find a way of weasling out of a claim. You'll hear a disclaimer when you call your insurance company (usually) which says 'insurance companies will share information with one another to prevent fraud'. In mortgages (my field) we use a system called Hunter - you apply to Halifax declaring £30k income and get declined.......then you apply to us declaring £50k so you fit criteria - we'll know about it via a 'Hunter Match' and ping you for a fraudulent application. Same or similar system used for the insurance industry I think - if you go to your next insurer and declare no accidents (regardless of fault) they could pick you up on this system based on the info from your current insurer and decline you..........then they can (but probably wouldn't) 'load' you onto another system called CIFAS (Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System) for insurance fraud (very very very unlikely they would bother as they've already avoided any risk with you but it is an option to them). You get loaded into CIFAS.........you might as well forget about getting whatever you were loaded for in the future. You'll never be automatically accepted for anything (credit/insurance) without referral to the underwriters/risk department
-
Standing in the way of control - Gossip More than a feeling - Boston Itchycoo Park - Small Faces Waterloo Sunset - Kinks Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros The Swamp Song - Oasis Knights of Cydonia - Muse Running to Stand Still - U2 Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack And of course...... The Z cars theme tune
-
Rubbish has it sounds he does speak the truth. Get a load of this - when I was 19 I was broken into and for some insane reason I claimed on my insurance even though less than £100 of stuff was nicked. At the point of renewal I asked for a quote from Halifax who I worked for at the time. They told me they would not insure me as I had a claim for theft from a motor vehicle and I was therefore statistically more likely to be broken into again as I was likely to visit and park in the same places. As I worked for them I pressed for a quote and as an extra special case they offered to insure me....on my 1.4 1995 Ibiza for the princely sum of £2300......errrrrrm no fanks! They were right though! I was broken into again within 6 months..........but in a totally differnt area!
-
Hopefully Irh is right but when I claimed through my insurance in a similar situation I had to pay the excess and only received a refund when my insurance company successfully recovered from the other party.......my understanding reading between the lines is that if they don't recover (i.e no insurance or no liability) then you stand the cost of the excess. I've been wrong before though. Unfortunately because he naffed off without leaving details alls you can really do is notify the police and claim through your insurance in the hope that they can establish contact from his reg details (they have a system called Hunter - or some such insurance equivilent - to find who he's insured with). Sorry for waffling on but I DESPISE people like this and the insurance companies with their bloody small print! Hope you sort it mate.
-
OMG 3rd attempt at putting this post on! Bloody stupid work browsers! You would think so wouldn't you however the question states 'Does the driver have any claims or accidents regardless of fault within the last 3 years'. Common sense would suggest that a 'not at fault' claim would not affect your premium.......but is does for some inexplicable reason. As an example I've got a dud 'test' quote on Admiral Multicar so I can check out how much a new car will cost me. For the lancer and an import Zed it was £1002. Just added in a 'not at fault' and 'NCB not lost' claim and it jumps up to £1099.
-
I believe you will get the excess back but ONLY if your insurance company is successful in recovering off his insurance company (i.e establishing fault and liability). Similar with NCB - if he takes the blame (and bear in mind that while its obvious your a genunine honest bloke he might still try and worm out of it - not that it would be easy for him) then you'll be fine and dandy........if he's not insured or does manage to wrangle out of full blame you could lose your NCB (unless you have one of them insurance policies where your NCB is protected and/or they don't penalise you for being hit by uninsured drivers). BTW - I'm no expert in insurance - this is just my experiance over my 10 year tenure as a crap driver! Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not let the insurance company (either his or yours) take the car to one of their 'approved' repairshops. You'll end up in Howard Basford and before you can say 'bodge job' the car will be worse than when it went in - find your own and take it there - its your legal right to nominate your own garage.
-
Mate you simply can't stand for that. You know as well as we all do if you had hit him he'd probably by the type to be sat in casualy 3 hours later with a collar round his neck and his solicitors on the blower. Bottom line is he's damaged your car - it doesn't matter if its a new bumper or a touch up. Just hope that he's insured! Only thing is unless you can get hold of his insurance details then you'll need to claim through your insurer.......which means paying your excess until they can claim it back off him, which in turn means you have to declare a 'claim regardless of fault' when applying for your renewal (if you claim direct of his insurance I believe you don't need to declare it but don't quote me on that). Just got to hope he's covered
-
The tee-shirt top is grey The shirt (or blouse if we're getting all in touch with our femine side) is orange
-
My missus's assessment of it when listening to an example on youtube was 'Won't I just sound like a bit of a knob with it making that noise'..................women! I think there's a thread somewhere about 'the biggest mod regrets'........the K1 crops up a fair bit. In fact I think one guy had it on for about 2 months before taking it off to avoid brain damage.
-
Looks like a standard but its a totally different exhaust to your piccies from earlier and the advert on autotrader. Look out for a K1 showing up shortly on ebay for sale in Wolverhampton on ebay methinks Still saves you the racket and pain the bum of telling the insurance.
-
I asked the question about the exhaust in my 'Welcome' post Slimjim. The response that it was a K1........obviously we haven't seen it in the flesh (and I couldn't be any more of a newbie if I tried) but if its the one on the Autotrader photies then its deffo aftermarket. Insurance company shouldn't been too twitchy about it though........costs me an extra 30 quid on the Lancer for the Chip and that adds 20-30BPH.
-
From what I've been told these days they're looking for any excuse in the even of a claim so I would. The old bill turning up to the scene of an accident to find you under the car with a welding iron trying to take the exhaust off may look at little suspect I've put a chip box on my lancer that sits in the wiring loom and I told the insurance but not Mitsi as I didn't want to invalidate the warranty...........after sticking a full (to the brim from dry) tank of petrol in it and them remembering it was a diesel (i know!!! leave me along before you even start!) it had to go back to Mitsi on a low-loader. Me being the quick thinking divvie I am decided to pull the chip box from the wiring loom so they wouldn't see it........not realising that it basically formed part of the circuit..........the garage spent 3 hours trying to work out why it wouldn't start before I came clean!
-
Dude I'll be keeping a peeper out for the it when your ready to sell. Since seeing Rene's car for sale the missus is obsessed with getting a white one.
-
'nearly standard'.............there's enough carbon on her that when you drive through a small village you'll actually push their Carbon Footprint into climate changing proportions!
-
HAHA! You tea leaf!!!!!!! Stole it out from under me and another bloke who are looking to get Zeddy. It looks mint mate and if we'd had the money a week earlier would of been haring it down to Wolves to get it! You did well to get it for 8k - pretty good bit of negotiation. K1 and a pop charger.........from what I've heard you'll need to get your ear muffs out
-
Driving a powerful rearwheeler can be quite hair raising to start with. I've not got a Zed yet but I managed it in my RX8 which by all accounts is a lot easier to drive and has 100 horsies less. Be gentle with the throttle when coming out of corners and don't do what I did when I was 18 in my arcaic Vauxhall Chevette pulling out of a busy junction.........turn the wheel 90 degrees and give it full throttle. Her hair turned from grey to black and back to grey again!
-
Cheers Paul! Any have thoughts on me being a bit more open minded with the milage? The missus really wants a black one (story of my life!). There's one for sale but 80k on the clock. Not particularly excessive for 2003 plate but just wondered how well the engines and other hardware stand up. A rather bone chilling post above suggests that the clutch is a bit prone to destuction? There is another black one thats only got 62k on it and is a UK spec - I can't work out why it looks dull!! The paintwork looks very strange on the pics - its as if its been washed with sandpaper! Might have a buyer from the MX at the weekend so could be making a purchase sooner than expected!
-
Sooooo i Bought a Stripper Pole......(vid inside)
Ricey replied to nurrish's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Mate thats hilarious! We've got one too but the house isn't big enough to swing a cat in and it knackers the ceiling! I get endless earache about putting it up but I'm slightly concerned she's gonna fly off into the TV! Unscrew the allen key nut at the bottom and the pole spins too.........if you go fast enough you can make yourself well sick! Or if you've got the upper body strength you can climb up to the very top, put your feet on the ceiling and pretend your spiderman! -
Congrats mate! Nothing better than bagging up a new motor. I've got some serious issues with the buzz of buying a new car..........doesn't matter how old it is and what I'm swapping it for - if it gets my pulse racing then I can't wait. What colour did you opt for?
-
Cheers for that mate. We're up in Chester - looks like me and PDean are going to stalking the same cars If we get to a stage where the MX sells and we've got the cash in hand I might spend a couple of weekends touring the country! Luckily we work for the same company and its close enough that I can always run home if needs be.
-
I rang him a couple of hours ago........you could tell he was probably getting slightly hacked off with the calls about it! 'Hi I'm ringing abo... 'Its gone mate' DOH! Longer we wait the cheaper they get I suppose! Its a bit harder when your buying an older car thats got the potential to be ropey. When I got the lancer it was easier because they were so new - I literally searched the entire country and whoever was cheapest I travelled too......can't really be doing with driving 150 miles to look at a Zed just to find a pidgeon nesting in the air filter housing or some such dodginess. Might wait until next weekend and see if the MX5 shifts on autotrader - I've budged it down a bit after trying a 'speculative' price for a week Andlid - only colours she's not keen on are red and silver. Other than that just the best combo of spec and condition we can upto 9k. Private sales are a bit of a problem until we offload the MX5...........we probably should just be patient but its far too exciting for that!
-
Managed to find reasonably local (51 miles away) UK spec gunmetal - the fastest colour so I'm told GT on autotrader for £8695 66k FSH and Alzean leather. Looking at the piccies it has a pop charger, some very pretty alloys and what I think........and I could do with someone confirming........a K1 exhaust. From what I've read most people didn't really feel the love the for K1 - is it something you can live with or is it just a bit too much? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
-
Yep - the RE040's were horrendous! In addition mine had 3 RE040s and 1 Ventus on it to start with!!!!! Once I changed to Toyo's it was much better but by that point I'd lost confidence in the wet completely so I was always a bit nervous of pushing it - wish I'd had a Pro-Drive day really so I new exactly how far the DSC would let me go. There is no way I could say that the RX handelling was anything less than amazing (in the dry it was almost unbelieveable)......I think I was just a little 'green' thinking that lobbing 190bhp round a roundabout, with mismatched tyres, in the wet was going to end in anything less than tears. I had the same reservations about the Zed (expecially given the power jump) initially but after a couple of years behind the wheel of a Merc CLK I have been fully trained in driving a car that handels like a U-Boat!.........besides I keep being told 'Its not YOUR car!'