Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Sorry I should have been clearer - I know what all the engines are & 0-60 times etc based on the age I'm looking for. CLK500 is 5l V8 based on year I'm looking at and the CL600 is 5.8 V12 - both naturally aspirated. I'm not mega fussed about 0-60 but its always a useful indicator and the CL500 at 7.9 is frigging slow man! Both engines are pumping the same BPH and torque so I was a bit confused as to just how different they could be. CLK500 is a shade over 6 seconds.........surely its not that much lighter! I reckon I'm doing around 7-8k a year so it shouldn't be the end of the world with either fuel consumption.......lest we forget that I once owned an RX8 so ultimate pain of MPG in the teens is not lost on me!
  2. 3 questions (sorry but MB forums are poo so I'm relying on the Zed owning world for advice!). CLK500's are in very short supply at my budget but CL500 and CL600's are very affordable and low milers. However; 1. Is getting the CL600 at 5.8l V12 just stupid 2. Is there any way to replace the wood trim....did they come with anything a bit less old mannish. 3. Is replacing it total sacrilage and I shouldn't be in the car in the first place if thats my idea. I will prob be able to find a CLK500 eventually but the CL just has a ludicrous amount of toys but does look a bit 'last gen' whereas the CLK looks nice and modern inside. I only hold onto cars for 6-12 months so I guess I'm not really too fussed at the running cost provided nothing breaks. Also the CL500 is 0-60 in 7.9 seconds!!! Isn't it the same engine as the CLK500? why so slow!!!!
  3. That is pure, total and utter win
  4. I've actually looked at that car again and decided now I prefer it to the Zed!
  5. someone had an impluse buy without doing their research. Nope.........Apple do NOT like anything interfering with their Naziesque grip on their techonology. They don't want you to link to ANYTHING that isn't Apple basically. Flash isn't supported on any Apple device I don't think. Basically if your going to buy Apple then you need to buy everything Apple - Phone, MP3 player, Tablet, Computer (to a letter extent).
  6. I wasn't planning on getting one that has been crashed!
  7. not available in the uk.....you still get the privilege of paying extra for it though!
  8. If it doesn't sell on autotrader then I'm spitting my dummy and going 'Ricey styleee' on eBay
  9. Actually not sure that linky works so well http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-MERCEDES ... 3cc6ed6efd
  10. Shame on the country for making me that way. At least the welsh, Irish and scots appear to have some sort of agressive pride towards their ilk. Everywhere has it knobs I suppose.....just the English seem to insist on being in the limelight
  11. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1035486973 I dont think I've ever seen an engine bay that trashed! 3500k
  12. Really? Most of the time I'm embarrassed to be English......in fact I tell people im welsh when im on holiday!
  13. The Euros are on soon......that'll bring you back down to earth!
  14. Happy do dah
  15. Same here mate
  16. CLK500.......V8
  17. It's pretty rubbish......I wouldnt buy it Full service history 10k until next service Tax and mot until dec 2012 Hardtop included but private plate will be removed If your still unsure after reading my gripping advert then firstly take yourself into the garden, lay facing down on the grass (concrete slabs would be better) and get a friend or neighbour to jump up and down on your back......this will simulate the ride quality fairly accurately. Also to get a firmer grasp on the tramlining drive (in any car) at high speed down a farmers dirt track without any hands on the wheel......this is generally an accurate representation of how mortally terrifying each journey is. Aside from all that if you are a bit sick in the head then this is actually a really nice car (if you like that sort of thing) and is in very good nick. Swing me a pm if your interested and I'll do my best to talk you out of it More pictures are available in my photobucket acct but basically the right side just looks like the left and the other 2 wheels just look like the 2 you can see in the pic above. Fronts sort of swooopy and the back is sort of angular and whooooshy
  18. Apt user name for someone looking for a CAI.....flatspot indeed!
  19. See its things like this that annoy me.......you can't upload photos to an autotrader advert on the iPad
  20. Basically apple don't want you interfering with their technology and they wasn't to force you to buy the biggest version.......i got 32gb and its creaking at the seams after synching
  21. Nope.....or memory card slots. It has a microphone jack and charger port which has a male USB connection to hook up to the computer for synching
  22. Not wanting to cast any aspersions at Torque cars but you now how you just get a feeling your in a dodgy backstreet garage.....well they portray it perfectly. What I'm better doing it saving 500 on the purchase price and getting a stainless custom unit made up. I think the brabus kit jut makes it harder sell in reality.
  23. No It's some sort off broken arm/stripped cog thingy which requires the dash out........8hours labour plus parts
  24. If you have a modern smart phone you dont need 3G anyway. Simply turn on the phones portable wifi option and viola ....3G connection
  25. Yeah a bit like selling a Zed and saying 'I am not sure what that clicky noise is from the rear axle is' Shame because it looked like a lot of car for the money.... It did and besides everything when he started it up with the brabus zorst......holy sexwee batman That is how a V8 should sound Get it bought man Not with a grand of work sat there looking me in the face. Flat tyres and battery are fine ....that's just from it sitting but the clicking heater thing is a mare.
×
×
  • Create New...