Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Ta. Does it make my opinion less valid? Not at all boss, I'm just trying to understand why people spend all that money on a road car. It seems like an awful lot of money just to feel good about the performance of your car that will be rarely used to its full potential IMHO. Because it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile......winning is winning
  2. To be fair until you become part of the 'scene' you just don't have a clue. The 5 quid immigrant 'grit and go' jobs are terrifying!.....I saw a Porsche and a brand spanking TT being done in sainsburys the other day
  3. Stella, pasties and benefits
  4. Crap
  5. Yes but the CCJ the landlord could issue to ALL parties would SERIOUSLY hamper your mortgage prospects. The threat of getting a CCJ because someone else didn't pay their rent is enough to ensure that the Guarantor applies enough pressure the the person to cough up. Aye but by that point hes already got his mortgage Its funny you know we have customers who get their parents to be guarantors on unsecured loans......then when they can't pay their mortgage they say 'but I have to pay the loan because my mum is the guarantor and she'll have to pay if I don't Erm yes numb nuts that's exactly the idea.....you don't lose your house and mum pays the loan not the other way round!
  6. Re the mods Neily has hit the nail.....value and cost are not to be confused in this situation. Better solution.....stript to stock and get 6k for the car and another 4 or 5 for the mods
  7. Ricey

    fair price?

    That's barely run in!
  8. Scorpion is basically the best all rounder before you get into silly money (whic to me is anything over 600 squid) bar none.
  9. Ricey

    fair price?

    Has his not got 8400 on the clock rather than 84000?
  10. Seriously what is the point of a guarantor on a rental.......we cant even get money out of people who are named on the mortgage never mind someone who isn't. Who the hell would even bother their arse taking you to court either......1000's of quid just to get a judgement that would never get paid anyway. Pointless!
  11. I got my finger burnt to some degree with a diesel tuning chip for my old lancer. 250 quid which wasn't 'cheap' but certainly wasnt how much they are supposed to be .....what a piece of crap. Literally did noting......company had nothing but a 'contact us' email facility and never responded. Quick enough to take my money though!
  12. Sounds effing epic! I love road trips......the one me and Carla did was one of the best holidays I've had.
  13. Problem is though if I priced it like that then no one would give it a second look. Grrrr.....I'm gonna end up having to take this chimps offer aren't I. Slung it on pistonheads too seeing that its only a tenner
  14. Cheap solution. Unbolt and burn/sling in bin? Job done
  15. Much as Martin is well vouched for I do know what you mean......I've bought a couple of things off tinterweb where the supplier has had no contact number or address - it doesn't inspire confidence. At least Martin is known to many of the Jock contingent though.
  16. There are mate but generally autotrader, pistonheads, eBay etc seem to be the best places. I think eBay had killed the local classifieds in the main
  17. Hmmmm To be fair I can't do jack until the mot and tax come through anyways so maybe I'll wait until then and see.
  18. I know. I Offered to drop to 7300 but he said he only had 7k. Offered to split car and hard top.....I've walk away at 6800 but he dug heels in. Surely in can't take a grand loss on a car I bought in the dead of winter 6 months ago!
  19. ......also Why do people insist of offering you 'x amount CASH!!!' like it going to give you some sort of stiffy! I mean what are you planning on paying with?? Buttons!
  20. Ok chaps what do you reckon......been offered 7k cash for the Z4 but got it up for 7500. Personally I feel like its taking the **** a bit but aside from one guy who didn't turn up it's the only sniff I've had. I'm not desperate to sell and still got to wait for the new tax disc and MOT any way (not to mention the V5 but there are ways and means around that). Advert runs until the 19th
  21. Also potentially viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44740&hilit=Light
  22. Doh......absolutely not in that case. Sign up and when the landlord comes knocking for bros rent tell him to jam his guarantor up his arse.
  23. You've pretty much got all useful bases covered from places to buy from. Depends which dealer takes the car in, condition, value ex. Like I had an immaculate merc but it was only worth 3-4k. Traded in at a mitsi dealer.......straight to auction. Would have been a right bargain for someone. Your looking for a very specific car so hunting the auctions might not be too easy......especially as you don't want a dog and you never can tell until you check the car over personally
×
×
  • Create New...