Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. I dunno, I prefer 1,2,3 for an individual list but a,b,c for an "in paragraph" list usually, they just seem different.
  2. The 1 that annoys me is the "cool" b ) smiley, if you're creating a list it's awkward: a) foo baa c) grrrr
  3. Look slike Pirelli back tracked slightly: http://www.theweek.co.uk/formula-1/f1-2013/53936/pirelli-tyres-explode-british-grand-prix-row The company's statement explained that its rear tyres were designed to be used only on one side of the vehicle. "The tyres have an asymmetric structure, which means that they are not designed to be interchangeable," it revealed. The implication was that the tyres that failed were being used on the wrong side of the car. But Pirelli also accepted that switching tyres was not forbidden and said it had "underestimated" how significant it could be. I guess if you have a clockwise/anticlockwise track you'd want to swap tyres around at certain times as the outside tyre would incur more wear?
  4. I tried editing my post above and it doesn't even list the broken link, it's just vanished... oh well. Still looks awesome - happy to have hopefully been of some assistance in the colour selection (I wouldn't say that if it looked gash though).
  5. WTF? Seriously? What F1 team in their right mind would put tyres on the wrong way without testing and being 100% sure it would a) give them an advantage and b ) get them to the end of the race when there's X millions and a competitive racing season on the line... let alone 6 teams all making the same stupid mistake. IMHO Pirelli need to back that comment up quickly to avoid even more bad press. EDIT: Changed to b ) to avoid the cool smiley... grrrr... EDIT2: OH FFS re: cool smiley!
  6. I'm not part of the group buy but I'm struggling to understand that. Does that mean the last 2 that ordered blue are going to get red? If so I'd hold off on posting until the different colour is agreed.
  7. You're outsourcing your polishing now? Wasso's polishing empire! (And no that's not meant to sound like a brothel) I'm working at it He does a fantastic job, but eats into my profit, the other issue is it would take me a very long time to get 24 done, so its easier to outsource. Well when you work out the brothel bit give me a shout.
  8. Looks lovely! I wanted to compare the end colour with my photoshop out of interest... however my PS seems to have vanished above.
  9. You're outsourcing your polishing now? Wasso's polishing empire! (And no that's not meant to sound like a brothel)
  10. I'd prefer the Jag (albeit with a proper sounding engine).
  11. You're looking at a £300k track toy? Man how many broken windows have you replaced recently!!
  12. Did this ever get done? What was the outcome?
  13. At least those guys are (semi) professional and there are armcos between them and the audience.
  14. IIRC there was a tech note from Nissan where you could get a disable key switch installed, fairly sure it's on here somewhere. Don't think anyone was successful getting it done though.
  15. I thought the only way to turn it off was to pull a fuse?
  16. Some people shouldn't be allowed to buy powerful cars let alone drive at these events! The organisers should have used hay bails or something at least though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Piy_h4QmpI
  17. What rims are they?
  18. Mine's leaking as well, apparently there's a UV dye in it so if you use a UV light you can see the liquid... never looked myself but that's how Nissan tried to sell me a new condensor found the fault the other week.
  19. My brother had a good spot for it today: Lucky git. My brother obviously, not Hamilton!
  20. HaydnH

    VIP BLING.

    $140... for a tassel you could get from John Lewis for a fiver? Me no understand.
  21. As raid 0 is striping you won't be able to swap a single disk, maybe you should consider upgrading the NAS at the same time as they're fairly cheap these days. At least then you can use the old NAS as a backup to your raid 0 solution as if you lose 1 disk you'll lose the data on both. Another alternative would be a 4GB+ USB hdd and then sell it afterwards. On a side note, if you often remove large files (movies etc) I'd strongly suggest switching to ext4 while you're at it.
  22. Sounds like it might have a motordyne XYZ pipe with HFC? I never had a problem with MOTs when I ran that but as above it must be hot. Could be worth giving abbey a call to discuss the car, maybe even booking it in for an MOT there if you're close.
  23. The facelift fixes the problem, however my elbox still opens the centre console so it's still not perfect.
  24. You're responding to a guy feeling bad about himself/depressed and you say you had plenty of sex with a stripper and retired at 31?!?! How sensitive! Smudge, if it makes you feel any better I'll probably never get laid again and will be working until I die.
  25. I thought pretty much the same thing... I reckon the director got distracted by the girls in the car wash.
×
×
  • Create New...