Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Have you tried an Elise? I'm only 6'1 and I can't fit in them - if there was an adjustable steering column I'd be OK as it's the wheel that sits on my legs so I can't steer.
  2. I've seen similar boxes as you describe which have 2 parallel rubber hoses coming out across the road, when you drive over each hose it acts as a preassure switch so they can tell the direction and speed you're travelling - i.e: used for traffic/speed monitoring not speed enforcement. Maybe they haven't attached the hoses yet? If it's these it sounds like they're planning something local to you, more houses, a new billboard (market research), a new by-pass, new road layout... that kinda thing. Maybe a traffic calming type road layout to save the cost of the police hanging around doing speed checks.
  3. The current from the engine will always try and find the easiest route to ground, if the earth strap is faulty god knows where the next route would be on a Z and what that current will be affecting (actually Alex would probably know... but same thing on this forum I guess!). I know the next simplest route to ground on a '2 is through the throttle cable which burns if you keep trying to start the car with a faulty earth strap.
  4. I don't like the front or back either, the nose protrudes too far but with a squarer front (maybe even the standard OEM) I reckon the curved up splitter could work.
  5. 1. BulletMagnet 2. BulletMagnet 3. BulletMagnet 4. BulletMagnet 5. BulletMagnet 6. 350Russ 7. 350Russ 8. 350Russ 9. brown7758 10. brown7758 11. brown7758 12. brown7758 13. fakeindian 14. fakeindian 15. fakeindian 16. fakeindian 17. fakeindian 18. sparky 19. sparky 20. sparky 21. sparky 22. sparky 23. simonzed 24. simonzed 25. simonzed 26. simonzed 27. simonzed 28. Haydn 29. Haydn 30. Haydn 31. Haydn 32. Haydn
  6. I was thinking more along the lines of:
  7. ... is someone faffing about with the cookies again? I've had to delete mine about 4 times in the last hour as I keep getting kicked out!
  8. I've got GT07 ZZZ so I must be screwed!!
  9. HaydnH

    75 'Stang

    If it actually transformed in to a robot yeah maybe I'd have 1...
  10. HaydnH

    75 'Stang

    I was talking about that 2010 Camaro dash - I like old wooden dashes as long as they're on an old classic... or maybe something badly made & British.
  11. There's a whole load more here: http://www.419eater.com/ EDIT: These are obviously not done by our Ricey though!
  12. Errr WHAT? Sorry for typo, I meant, Dead Budgie = Illegal iPhone auto-correct?
  13. HaydnH

    75 'Stang

    how dare thee!!! it's made of win! Even with that dash?? My god the passenger side looks like a desk! I'm not a huge fan of he exterior styling either... although I would love the soundtrack.
  14. Errr WHAT?
  15. HaydnH

    75 'Stang

  16. You'd be surprised how much preparation goes in to planning something like this, I bet they've both jumped that mountain hundreds of times - as an example, notice the balloons on the right as a marker? (0:56 in the vid). Haydn.
  17. HaydnH

    My New Zed

    +1, I'd say 9 times out of 10 vibration through the steering wheel when driving at specific speeds is due to badly balanced wheels, those weights can fall off fairly easily... or the tyres were last changed at quick fit.
  18. demonplates.com are pretty good and deliver quickly, you'll need to take a photo of your documents with your mobile before they will post the plates though (they tell you what they need). Looks like they'll do the illegal ones as well judging from this comment on their site:
  19. Which Stones are you comparing to?
  20. No they don't.
  21. This is my favourite proxy video (Sorry wmv format): http://www.allezbase.com/videos/Ready_To_Go.wmv
  22. Surrey/Kent border not far from the M25.
  23. Chevrolet... but may as well be a Prius.
×
×
  • Create New...