Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. +1, maybe an MR2 turbo if you're looking for a cheap track toy. I'd class those as more "fun" than a 350Z but I "enjoy" the Z more.
  2. HaydnH

    2 Owners?

    I think this depends on what you're planning to do with the car (or end up doing, search Zeditis on here!), the HR engine is good up to 500hp+ without needing new internals etc, I'm not sure what the DE is safe to, 400-450 ish I think. Even if you're not going to push that kind of power, long term reliability will play a part, short term their are other benefits to getting a HR (responsiveness etc) so it just seems pointless buying a DE '07.
  3. HaydnH

    2 Owners?

    It sounds to me like you're worried that you may not be able to get finance on another Z. Don't settle for a car that's not right just because you've been approved finance on it, if you've been approved for this one you'll be approved for others. If I'm wrong in that then I apolgise, but it's the type of reason why I've made decisions in the past. There must be a reason why so many people are telling you to walk away, or at least be very cautious about the purchase and you're ignoring them - make sure you understand why you're doing that before committing.
  4. As above, I'd calmly speak to the manager of the place, point out it's due to their workmanship and the damage is no fault of your own, explain that you've tried to be reasonable and find a replacement wheel but they're discontinued and then see what he says - they're probably insured for this kind of thing anyway.
  5. HaydnH

    2 Owners?

    I take it you haven't just decided you're getting dealer finance and that's it right? It's often cheaper to get a personal loan for the extra amount you need which also has the benefit of there not being outstanding finance on the car if you sell it before the finance deal is up. With any type of finance, remember to take in to account negative equity though - if you had to sell the car in 12 months could you afford to sell it and pay off the loan?
  6. You've had immense comments on the sexiness of your "bolts" eh?
  7. I was thinking the same thing, don't the genuine ones have the hole for the towing eye?
  8. I sometimes wish I didn't have a HR.
  9. Remember to tell Alex what year the Z is as the engines changed at various times.
  10. I didn't think acrobat came with a pdf printer? Download a separate one, CutePDF or Bullzip PDF printer work fine, simple download and install.
  11. HaydnH

    2 Owners?

    Personally that would be enough to put me off, I would expect the service to be done annually at least.
  12. Either: 1) Click on "advanced search" in the top right and then enter their username in the author field and click search. 2) Click "profile" under any of their posts, then click "Search user’s posts"
  13. You can see it fitted here, not the best quality photos though: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISMO-V1-styl ... 6rk%3D1%26
  14. Funnily enough my nick name at uni was Jesus... but that photo was randomly grabbed from google.
  15. HaydnH

    My New Z!

    I get service unavailable when trying to load your picture... have we crashed your website?
  16. Read T&Cs? I know Mad is your middle name and all but I didn't realise you were *that* mad!
  17. Hi All, Could anyone with a roadster do me a quick favour? If possible, please would someone take and post photo of the rear suspension top mount? I'm at work and can't access my car to have a look at the moment but I'm trying to see how an aftermarket suspension (meisterr zeta-s) would fit with regards to reaching the damper adjustment. Unfortunately google images has failed me! Thanks, Haydn.
  18. Maybe keep a sack of spuds laying around for when you're driving alone?
  19. I'm using a Zee bracket (without the metal frame): http://www.chicagoz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4602
  20. I just went for AD08s, absolutely love them! There's 2 threads about them on page 1 of the tyre section.
  21. I just cant be bothered talking to them, feel sorry for the call centre staff they employ though. What a cruddy job that must be! You don't have to speak to them that much, just pretend to be interested and then that you've been interrupted and have to put them on hold for a bit... just remember to go back to them occasionally to spike their "oooh I might get a sale" thought process again.
  22. It stopped some for me although it used to work better than it does now, I guess people have just realised that if they ignore it nothing actually happens anyway! I've just started wasting their time, it makes me feel better knowing I'm costing some cruddy company money for wasting my time.
  23. Ouch! salt in the wound! Put that down as a life lesson.
  24. I much prefer it with the bulge.
  25. Import? Doubt it's 33k miles, more like 33k miles since being imported. Would be interesting to see some inside pics to confirm. Seems overpriced if that's correct.
×
×
  • Create New...