Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I rarely fill mine all the way up, usually just put £40 in when the light comes on. I had the same 50p a ltr off vouchers the other week and brimmed it with 71ltrs.... Thats the most I have ever got in
  2. If you want a cobra insist on a cobra but i guess worst case you get a new backbox if it sounds pants then change it
  3. Do bears crap in the woods
  4. 3 passengers wow thats impressive, no wonder it was hot it must have been a bit of a squeeze
  5. I have HFCs too which heat up even more At least the heat keeps the bears away
  6. You dont want to know how much UK magazines are here I get them all on PDF
  7. You have bears in you garage? thought that was just Doogy Dont know what you mean
  8. Nice pics.... roll on next May
  9. Mate i have wanted my wheel trims done matching my interior for ages... ive got a spare wheel in my garage i can take some pics to show how it comes apart but basically there are 2 hidden (plastic covers) each side that release the centre air bag then all will hecome clear As col says make sure battery is disconnected obviously
  10. Yes when i park up in the garage near the wall on the nearside and open the door it certainly roasts my chestnuts
  11. I was surprised with the grounding kit, is your 5 piece or 6 piece? Makes a difference with some cars not with others, but it reduced idle shudder on mine Those bits should sharpen up the ride and smooth things a bit too
  12. My kind of girl, she knows how to ride a stallion
  13. I like the old GT nearly got one instead of the Zed
  14. Looking very nice mate, I am really glad you haven't done the bonnet black that would have looked so cheap
  15. I would steer clear of the brera tbh real shame, gorgeous looking but a bit of an underpowered dog :thumbsdown:
  16. I test drove one when thinking of replacing my Leon soot chucker... Stunning looking inside and out but even with the 2.4 compared to 2l of my Leon it didnt have the grunt, not as good to drive and brakes were not a patch on the Leon either.... Also much poorer mpg and the Leon isn't the best in that dept! Lovely looking though
  17. After my accident once the insurance company realised I was totally not to blame suddenly I started getting calls about claims, I asked them if they passed my details on and they said no so it was obviously just a coincidence
  18. Update £491 with Admiral now and a very good deal on the Leon from November, basically both cars for less than we currently pay for the Zed
  19. We have just told you this is normal The knocking over uneven ground will be control arm bushes, (banana bar inner bushes) common problem and usually easy fix. Hard to identify if you don't know what your looking for exactly. Neil the guy has had his Zed a week I met him Saturday and he is so made up with it, he just wants to check everything out I can understand that.... He isn't saying we are all stupid and don't know what we are talking about I know that Dave, I was just saving him wasting time. :winkkiss:
  20. We have just told you this is normal The knocking over uneven ground will be control arm bushes, (banana bar inner bushes) common problem and usually easy fix. Hard to identify if you don't know what your looking for exactly. Neil the guy has had his Zed a week I met him Saturday and he is so made up with it, he just wants to check everything out I can understand that.... He isn't saying we are all stupid and don't know what we are talking about
  21. Ok more for reference than anything else 1st driver over 40, no points, held licence for over 20 years 2nd driver over 40 no points, held licence for 6 years 1 no blame accident June 2011 Insuring the Zed for the 4th year, all mods declared UpRev Milltek Exhaust Berks HFCs Pop Charger Plenum Spacer Wheel Spacers I.C.E. Living in DA11 and car Garaged with it's own drive.... All quotes for outright payment not monthly... In reverse order - Livingston Warman £900 (500 excess) Privilidge (renewal) £876 (650 excess) Adrian Flux £780 (350 excess) Sky £757 (350 excess) Prestige £750 (650 excess) Admiral £491 (350 excess) So looks like the winner is Admiral, they also are covering my ICE up to £1,250 which most of the others don't do. Note from Mary - the guy at Prestige was a knob Not due till the end of the month so might be an update but I can't see anyone beating Admiral
  22. Mine makes the same knocking if you turn the wheel with the engine off always has done and the steering is tight even after 106k...
  23. What about a ford c-max ? Not too big like a Galaxy but would be very comfy, not sure about the seat though and I would have thought more in budget with probably more toys
  24. I was going to suggest a CRV or similar something a little higher off the ground so that you basically just slide in rather than down into....
×
×
  • Create New...