Jump to content

350Chris

Members
  • Posts

    390
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 350Chris

  1. check my last link...it should persuade
  2. Battery low? Have seen that be the cause of a stroppy alarm before now
  3. http://www.n15m0.blo...4-in-white.html Pictures are too big to link - and it may be an obvious choice - but they look awesome!!
  4. Agreed - the side profile doesn't look right - particularly the rear arch - the wheels don't fill the gaps enough. What sizes are you looking at - 17/18/19? What about a set of Rays LM GT4's?
  5. edit : scratch that - both too small How about OZ's in 18" http://www.wheelbase...oy_Wheels__4863 MOMO Corse Or a wild card.... http://www.wheelbase...loy_Weels__4327
  6. Festive boozing + forum housekeeping = availability opportunity, per chance?
  7. It goes faster when it is clean though....good wax improves the aerodynamics (or so I tell myself)
  8. car is still throwing these faults, cant get it on a ramp until next weekend sadly can anyone confirm if it is possible to test o2 sensors on the zed by measuring voltage? if so, what the voltage should be?
  9. How best to clean my engine bay? Started thinking about this today after watching a detailing video on youtube in which the guy applied a substance akin to bilberry wheel cleaner around the bay and then jet washed off... I dont have a pressure washer, but have always been told that an engine bay is a no go area - understandably so to my logic. The engine bay needs lifting as I add bits to it...but what do people do as far as cleaning method and products?
  10. just think of the festive weight loss opportunity...you can eat as much junk as you like from now until when you start to vom
  11. You could just do the big 3 and put that on a shelf somewhere - a power cap covers a problem as opposed to fixing one (assuming the problem was there in the first place) Can't knock it for 'bling' factor though
  12. Offensive since 1982

  13. I will do a bit of a write up as I work my way though them...I am fairly biased towards the Eldorado 12yo and the Zacapa 23yo - both are absolutely stunning. With the Zacapa, if you hold it in your mouth for 15-20 seconds first, you will get sweet toffee flavours and a completely different flavour than if you just throw it down. I will do a more comprehensive write up when I have the bottle in front of me... @ biscuit; I am right next to the Whisky Exchange at work, so happy to pick some selections up if logistics make that easier...I will be in there before the Wales trip next year, that's for sure Appletons has a nice varied range - and you can pick out very different flavours between the bottles. I need to check the specific bottle but I was told that with one variety of the Appletons to try drinking it neat but having fresh lime, demarara sugar and coffee granuals to hand. You then dip one side of the lime in the sugar, other side in the coffee, bite into the lime and then drink the rum. It's a bit theatrical and a bit ceremonial, but worth a try. Half of me believes that when you start having to drink like that - it, like Absinthe with the burn sugar on a spoon, is a bit too close to a crack habit! Diplomatico do a nice range of sipping rums - and that is really where you are by the time you have got there (so hang up the mixers). As for suggestions - what are your preferences? I am a fan of the sweeter demarara flavoured sipping rums but partial to spiced rums with mixers or some select everyday drinking rums - even I think I sound like an alcoholic now
  14. Wish I'd known...would have asked you to grab the side skirts he has You are rattling through the mods nice and quick! I'm making my pre-Wales short list as we speak
  15. I've just picked up a bottle of chairmans for Christmas drinking - it's a good choice for the stocks. The spiced version is too heavily clove flavoured for my liking as an everyday choice but it has a very Christmas flavour to it that won't disappoint! I have just been given a bottle of captain Morgan private stock which I am yet to sample. I have 7 different rums in the selection atm...so very spoilt for choice
  16. Cheers Alex just looked them up, Cleared them twice now...time to investigate on the ramps then. I did catch a nasty rubber car park hump a few weeks back hence my investigation as to a split in the system
  17. It's throwing the lot up; P0139 P0159 1146 1166 1147 1167 I will put the description to them when I'm not posting from my phone It would surprise me that it suddenly decides is wants o2 spacers having run with the exhaust setup for the 8+ months I've had the car plus the longer time that the previous owner had it
  18. It has had the setup fitted for a long time - I would have expected it to throw codes consistently if it was that
  19. In the last couple of weeks, the car has started throwing cel lights with the fault codes referencing all o2 sensors. One here and there owing to the berks I can expect but all on is one for investigation. I plan to get the car up on ramps tomorrow to check for a leak in the exhaust system or an obviously broken wire or sensor but can anyone shed any light on what this could be caused by? Performance isn't down nor is the exhaust note
  20. A Fax?!? Didn't know people still used those - have they not heard of email? Worried that I will turn up at an old fashioned hotel now...lit by candles, water from the well....and the morning paper delivered by fax!!
  21. Are we nearly there yet....?
  22. Can I expect a Zed bring and buy sale in the hotel car park? Have seen it on other owners clubs - but that will just determine how much I need to start saving/stop eating from now I'm sure that I read somewhere that there are car washing facilities aswell...that true?
  23. +1 Also recommend giving the Poorboys wheel sealant a go - I have found the stuff to be absolutely bullet proof!
  24. I am sure that when I SORN'd my last car that you have to leave it that way for a period of time....cannot remember if it was weeks or months though
  25. Are you able to plumb a 12V supply directly to them or would you not feel comfortable doing that yourself? I am not a million miles away but I will struggle for time to do a reading run before Christmas. It sounds very much as though it is the fans at fault here - particularly if the level in the rad isn't changing. I seems a stretch for the garage to tell you that the water isn't circulating if they haven't spotted the fans never coming on. Suposing it is the fans - you can either replace with standards (everyone will jump in and show you the Zedmanalex smiley shortly) or you could go aftermarket. I have used Spal and Kenlowe fans on previous cars and they have always been extremely efficient - be warned though, some are directional and some will go both ways (ooooh matron!) Stick with it...it doesn't sound terminal, although appreciate the confidence knock when you are worried about watching the temp gauge
×
×
  • Create New...