-
Posts
11,276 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Tarmac@TarmacSportz
-
Chargespeed replica bumper update plus help
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
I got quoted £500 for full body kit fitting and spraying from a company in Mansfield who have done work on plenty of Zeds including some members so prices can vary a lot. I have used a body shop before who made a right mess but was cheap - get what you pay for I guess -
Sounds too much hassle to me Just buy a new one I can work out a deal with you if you mod my lights
-
Chargespeed replica bumper update plus help
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Wow - thats great news -
Right folks There does seem to be enough interest in this project, however: Sourcing a genuine one is proving an expensive problem. Ideally a second hand one would be great but can't find one After being assured I could get one for £475 delivered I have since been informed that due to the yen exchange rates we are looking at £550 (6 weeks lead time) or there is one supplier that has stock in the UK at £600 delivered The original bumper can be prepped up ready to sell once the mould is done, Im not sure what the prepping will cost but there will be a few tiny pinholes to fill and then propably undercoat. The price of the original bumper and the difference lost has to be incorporated in the price so say 12 of us chip in and pay £50 for the initial outlay then it gets prepped for £100 and sold for £400 then we would get £25 back. Other bad news is the insert, current quotes are around £500 and although this part will not be drilled in anyway it may have surface scratches left on it from the wax and gel coat so I don't know if it could be reselled. However the replica will allow the original to fit should you wish to purchase it. Good news is the price is still looking ok at £220 + vat but this will be confirmed when the company receive the bumper. Then the extras will be approx £25 for mould and delivery charges. As for the delivery charges, at present We are parcels.com do not offer to ship bumpers due to the sheer volumetric size of them and the fact we can't be competitive with our current vendors. However I am in talks with a courier company that do specialise in bulky items. I might be able to set something up at around £25 -£30 but I will need to confirm. If you are reasonably local to the midlands then someone will deliver to you in our van for around £15. If anyone knows of anywhere cheaper that we can source an original bumper or if anyone knows where we can find a second hand or even damaged insert worldwide then let me know. If anyone posts on US forums or owt then please pop a wanted post up. Before anyone questions (and I know the majority won't especially those who know me) why shouldnt I be paying for the originals for mould, well the honest answer is that there is very little in this venture for me. By the time ive covered expences, time invested, petrol, diesel then ive pretty much broke even but ive got the chance to own a uk Chargespeed replica bumper half the price of an original which was the reason for coming up with this project. I did look into funding myself but I would be seriously out of pocket and may as well save all the hassle and buy an original for myself. Will leave this thread to roll for a week and see if anything helpful pops up
-
Replica Chargespeed rear bumper with a twist
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Great idea btw!! It is a good idea, thats why I put it on my first post towards the end of the post (RTCustomz) Will update at lunch time..... its not as easy as I thought it would be to get the original for mould -
Don't tell but I did have some serious blinking action going on when I wrote that, think something was in my eye
-
I couldn't bring myself to sell it, I've never been attached to a car like I am with this one. It's not practical, it's not cheap to run, I've just spent £7k on my rented property so things are tight but I love her, she makes me happy, she makes me proud and to see someone driving off in her would break my heart. Think most of us on here can relate to that.
-
I think rx7rebel was after some of these if you drop him a pm
-
I've been driving a fiesta and a van mainly for the last four months, Its great when I get behind the wheel of the Zed
-
URGENT HELP needed 17mm swan neck west midlands
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Husky's topic in 350Z General
Don't have a swan neck but put the kettle on and I will have crispy aromatic duck please bud -
Zed's RED Baby ***UPDATED WITH PICS***!
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to evest's topic in 350Z Modifications
Cheers mate! the bonnet dampers are on the (ever increasing!) list cool, I will have some more for sale soon -
Zed's RED Baby ***UPDATED WITH PICS***!
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to evest's topic in 350Z Modifications
Really like this, looks fantastic really does only thing you could do with is some nice carbon fibre bonnet dampers for when your showing it off -
Gutted :-( will be a great buy for someone Fancy swapping for mine plus cash, on £215 a year on tax
-
Stillen Y pipe £250 delivered
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
-
Well just put an add up for my zed on pistonheads
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Matt L's topic in 350Z General
Shame it's going so soon I've sold loads of cars privately and Auto trader has always been the best place, worth spending the money -
Shipping rates are the same as UK bud £6.49 + vat with £25 free insurance to Northern Ireland Thats courier though I'd be sending by post
-
Shipping rates are the same as UK bud £6.49 + vat with £25 free insurance to Northern Ireland
-
Get a GT and I will swap you my cloth seats for your leathers
-
Im going to buy my mums 03 ford fiesta 1.4 td Fall into those brackets and not a bad liitle runaround tbh
-
Replica Chargespeed rear bumper with a twist
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
I've been in contact all week and they are not doing the carbon yet. I will confirm everything by the weekend though -
Fun 4WD, decent MPG, am I asking too much?
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to pcw1982's topic in Other Cars
Why a 4wd ? Car tax is a joke If you love the Zed why not stick to 2 wheel drive. IMO you can't beat diesel BMWs for economy and performance, easy and cheap to remap. I had a scooby sti before the Zed and it had performance but yeah , awful mpg and horrible turbo lag in the wrong gear. -
DJ/MC Battle Video featuring myself & MC Stallion.
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to djrm's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Ah.... very talented bud -
DJ/MC Battle Video featuring myself & MC Stallion.
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to djrm's topic in Off Topic Discussion
This is definately my thing Used to have 1210's and still got all my vinyl including shed loads of white labels in the loft... Have to say that your scratching is something else, it was something I always wanted to do but could never perfect. One other thing I noticed is that you dont seem to be wearing headphones, its been about 13 years since i mixed and overlapping beats was a bit of an artform back then but you needed headphones to ensure the beats matched. Has new technology taken the place of pitch control ? Had a look on your this too - very http://www.djrm.co.uk/ -
You smoothie I love you
-
Feeling Unappreciated Lately???
Tarmac@TarmacSportz replied to Zazur's topic in Off Topic Discussion