Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Hahaha cheers vik Im a fatty now so unfortunately a belly and boobs aren't a good look on a guy
  2. DIRTY BOY!!!!! I'm a red-blooded animal
  3. I think jetset and octet are Among my favourites. 1st place goes to chilli red
  4. It's very easy, wheel off, two clips that hold retaiining pins in, hold one side of the retaining spring plate and push one of the pins out, remove silver spring plate, other pin out. Open fluid reservoir with rags around to catch any fluid over-spill. Push pistons back if required to remove old pads, new pads with slither of copper grease on the back and edges, put them in, replace one pin, spring plate back in, other pin, put the two clips in and job done. That's is the basic procedure for the brembo's
  5. It takes about 1.5hours to change the lot if you don't know what you're doing. Cs does the yellowstuff for a very good price. Also brakes4u. Yellowstuff are great value for money
  6. Put it on the track, then you'll really see what it can do, and what your limits are too. +10000000000000
  7. Lexus lights should stay on a lexus in my opinion Get oem led upgrade
  8. Happy birthday guys! Have a good one
  9. the torque wrench got the best review out of lots
  10. yep mate you have to look it all up. I have the halfords pro range mate and its fantastic. Remember and get sockets with a 1/2" drive on it
  11. +1 but mines of the single barrel variety
  12. Neilp

    What RPM?

    Alright stuarty. After speaking with you the other day a thread cam up by someone else with regards to something similar but more extreme. They were getting popping/knocking etc. Usually about 700rpm is perfect, most people find running the air con helps smooth it out. Mines idles at around 800-900rpm due to the decats etc I think.
  13. Neilp

    Stability

    There is so many thing which contribute to the cars handling characteristics. I gave stuarty a shot of my car. Although my car is tuned etc the biggest difference was they feel of the drive he said. My car feels very nimble and agile whereas when I drove his it feels like a true grand tourer- very comfortable, very smooth and not a harsh ride. The steering felt a fair bit heavier also. My car feels the way it feels as I've changed the wheel alignment and ride height and dampening and compression of the shockers. Stuarty will be better at explaining the difference as his car is the first I've drove which is standard. His car is beautiful and so smooth, a perfect example whereas mines definately feels like it should be on a track somewhere.
  14. Neilp

    Stability

    Would they fit onto the v1? Even if there's no improvement in handling I still love them a they look brilliant.
  15. I had this with my netgear virgin media super hub. I actually think it's the laptop network card as my phone still works but the laptop won't even pick up the router at all. I then have to reset the router before the laptop will pick up a signal. How easy is it to change the network card in the laptop ?
  16. Neilp

    Stability

    lol I just seen I made a fatal spelling mistake due to iPhone predictive, it should I've said the splitter will make no difference. Lol Ian what canards did you have? Ive was hunting down some for the nismo v1 bumper but abbey advised I'd be wasting my time unless the suspension set up was very very hard so I got quite an aggressive toe set up and the turn in is very very sharp. Feels much better. Running 2.8 degree negative camber on front aswell. Very impressed with it.
  17. Welcome ben
  18. Neilp

    Stability

    I think the quality of the road surface has a lot to do with it. The allotted will make no difference unless it has very aggressive huge canards attached to it. You would need to upgrade all suspension, antiroll bars and fit wings etc. Alex's car demonstrates exactly what could be done with the rag top. His car feels planted at any speed. I suspect that if you done that speed on track your car would feel smooth as the surfaces are very different to everyday "private roads"
  19. With a couple of changes to suspension and wheel alignment I reckon the 370z could be up top. When on track with George the 370z looks very very soft in corners which I think is it's only downfall to be honest.
  20. Could have been stuarty
  21. Happy birthday mate! Hope the missus got you something nice
  22. I'll be there early bells on friday too mate. I've already told you but Menander the missus will be around to give you a help. Need to get my car cleaned up aswell
  23. I would never drive my car with brake pads@ £30 quid. I simply couldn't trust them as I have always found that you only get what you pay for. Please keep us updated over long term on these pads to whether they break up like the brembo ones due to heat etc. Other members will value the feedback alot.
  24. You will be fine navigating small bumps but the big square middle of lane things are a nightmare. I can't go near multistory carparks. The eibachs make the ride awesome without sacrificing too much comfort. The car feels very planted. I only upgraded to full adjustable coilover as I looked for some adjustablity for track work. The nismo kit front kit and rear spats suffer a but from chipping especially when lowered. Eibachs are awesome though
×
×
  • Create New...