Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. A few of us have bought our scorpions through this link, be aware they are an approved registered seller for the manufacturers of scorpion exhausts, so not a back street dealer. Personally I went to their shop to get mine (Jct 26 at Nottingham) because one or two I read about got a few dents throught the post. I have had mine a year and I can fully recommend them, you will struggle to find much cheaper deals because most outlets adhere to the companies RRP, but still worth the money. You can of course keep it in house through Tarmac who is still selling these as above http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-E ... 35ac13de33 i bought mines from them also
  2. My bet is they're now destined to turn Canary yellow hahahahaha
  3. ok, who bought them ?
  4. i love it mate, but you cant deny the resemblence to these http://www.papercraftjunkies.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/imgp3244.jpg
  5. And what did they say? I have to do a new quote with Admiral every year to get the best price, but they still beat everyone hands down. Its annoying that they do that, but if people werent mugs and automatically renewing, they wouldnt bother doing it yep, i agree.. they just said it was automated and that they have no control over it. I explained that if they try and rob me again then I would leave them and take all 5 cars in the houshold of them. Of course they go yeah yeah very sorry etc... but they know fine well that I know the system and will keep coming back as they do beat every body out there for price
  6. I don't think the industry would like my insurance risk model........its wouldn't unnecessarily fleece hundreds of millions from the hard working public each year because some 'statisic' tells it to do so and then hiding behind the line *said in as girly of a voice as possible* 'well what else are we supposed to use?' Its like the standard 'insurance is going up' headline we have to listen to EVERY YEAR..... If insurers just had the balls to say 'errrrm the Board said they want profits up by another 30% this year so we're going to spin some line about about the 3 scousers who've been doing cash for claims and blame them for a 30% hike in prices'........I'd have a lot more respect for them. Its the same line every bleeding year 'due to the increase in insurance fraud insurance prices will be rising by blahblah'......snooooooooooooorrrrrrrrreeee - if fraud is that bad then investigate it properly, underwrite the policy properly, load people on CIFAS, give the police their details, prosecute when you identify it. I don't see all these millions of people queuing up out of the courts waiting to see a judge, they seem to be able to reoffend every year (unless we're to believe the entire country is at it) so they're not being loaded on CIFAS either (as you'd never get insured again if you did). If bodyshops are fleecing you and draining every last penny out of a job then lets have a think..........STOP FRIGGING USING THEM!!!!!!!!!! Use a better, smaller, independent and get your own engineer to sign off the works instead of putting us all through the ordeal of dealing with Howard 'I couldn't fix a car properly if my life depended on it' Basford. With all the whining they do anyone would think that they weren't all making significant profit every year. EDIT - BTW Olly this isn't aimed at you personally.....at least Sky bother to engage with an Underwriter. Totally agree. My missus had an accident a few years back. I priced up the cost of the bits to repair the car and even allowing for paintwork, my estimate came in at around £500. The body shop charged the insurance company nearly £3000 for the work. Then insurance companies use that excuse to increase premiums. Surely any insurance company with an ounce of common sense would not throw money at bodyshops like that. In my personal view, insurance companies should look at each individuals circumstances and price accordingly. So, in my case, here we have a guy whose nearly 40 (okay, so old man, not young chav), im a company director (so responsible job), ive 18 years ncb on my car having never made a claim (so extremely safe risk), ive 10 years ncb on my R1 motorbike (okay, even safer risk as the guy clearly is very aware of road users), ive experience of fast cars (great, so hes not going to crash the zed straight away), been riding a 150bhp 190mph R1 motorbike for the last 9 years (great, he`s used to high powered rear wheel drive vehicles and he hasnt crashed it), I live in the middle of nowhere in a quiet NO CRIME cul-de-sac (excellent, nice safe area) and the car is parked on my drive, blocked in by my missus`s car (excellent, very low chance of it being stolen). He is such a safe risk, in fact we will pay him money instead. In addition, if i then decide id like to drive an old shed during the week, the insurance company should lower my premium even more, as if im driving an old shed, leaving the zed nice and safe at home, then im even a safer risk. However, in reality what do we have? Im a man (okay lets load the premium up), company director (dont care), 18 years ncb (okay we`ll knock a fiver off the premium or only take into account the first 5 years ncb), 10 years ncb on a R1 (dont care if he`s an experienced biker), live in middle of nowhere in a quiet cul-de-sac (yeah but the first 2 letters of his postcode group him in with the local city where more claims are made). In fact, cos he can afford a zed, lets jack his premium up as he`s bound to be able to afford the insurance. And, when it comes to wanting to use a shed in the week... lol... lets just double the premium cos he can afford 2 cars. and then the renewal comes in a year later and the price is ridiculous.. Go online, do a new quote same details, next door neighbours address (so the system lets you quote) and it comes in at 400quid cheaper.. I was really annoyed by how high the renewals are compared to new online quotes and had it out with my insurance company about it.
  7. the clio 182 is a fantastic car as you've already said, the handling is simply unbelievable.
  8. Neilp

    18 OEM 350Z alloys

    put an intro thread in the welcome section and im sure you'll get 5 posts soon enough
  9. Oooooo I dunno maybe base it on the risk profile of the individual rather than getting out the old tar brush? How long have you lived there? How long have you kept a car at that address? Have you ever made a claim for theft, vandalism ETC? Then again as we established last time.....the public at large can't be trusted to tell the truth apparently. You forgot 'driveway' and just to be clear, we ([sky] via our scheme underwriters) would most definitely NOT load your premium for keeping the car in a garage, when I answered you last week I made it quite clear that some insurers will load but not all. No you didn't your response was; You did say this though; Which given that of the top 10 quotes I received 9 of them increased based on a 'non-fault' claim........and as it turns out (according to an existing policy holder) so do Sky.........it appears to be as much of a minority as a redneck at NASCAR I'd say Would you like me to put this back in the shed for you? Tears in my eyes
  10. go for it, just for the laughs...... seriously dont dude
  11. Neilp

    Quickie Q

    dont use comparison websites, go direct as the quote is more accurate and and usually cheaper. Cheapest i got on moneysupermarket was 5k a year or something. Remember and add a parent or someone older onto the policy as the price will plummit oh i bought all my own stuff and got my spark plugs, oils, diff oil, gearbox oil and wheel allignment done for 200 quid + 150 for parts
  12. cheap shitty tyres?
  13. if the first add is genuine then 250 bin price is pretty good, seems very illiterate though +1. I've asked the question in vain hope of getting an answer I can read without squinting. he actually looks like a genuine seller, he has sold cars etc. That could be a bargain for someone. Wish I had a spare 250 laying around to be honest
  14. if the first add is genuine then 250 bin price is pretty good, seems very illiterate though
  15. Neilp

    Quickie Q

    when i bought it (06 revup) with nismo kit, wheels etc, i had been driving 3.5 years, 0 no claims bonus and a crash 2 months previous at 5k and i was 1300, i'm now 1k a year with around 5 years driving and 2years no claims with all mods insured(on a multi car policy with my suzuki swift sport). Due again in november/december time so hopefully it will drop as i will have 3years on each car.
  16. whiiitt!!!! robbing B@$7@RDS is livingston autoparts not running any days?
  17. Neilp

    IM BACK !!

    yep on 8.5 fronts I run 245/35/19 but dropped to 235/35/19 and had no issues
  18. Neilp

    Quickie Q

    me aswell mate, im not rich either which why it makes sense to look after it as best as possible. I'm only 23 with lots of bills to pay. Theres more than one zed hovering around on here with over 100k on her and still going strong as she was when she was a youngster I couldnt believe this This is more like my normal but usually the speed is a fair bit higher. That was around town in traffic. With mixed driving I see around 18mpg, most others on here see 20-25mpg
  19. Neilp

    Quickie Q

    thats only half a tank a week for work then half a tank for weekend fun
  20. i think these are still for sale due to the price being too high. I have seen sets struggle to go for 150ish with tyres. I only paid 400 for rays I can see lukes point, he's spent £260 on tyres. You'd probably be better off selling the tyres for £70 each and the wheels for £150 on ebay I'd sell the rubber seperate and i think you'd struggle to get 100 for the wheels without tyres.
  21. great price for somebody looking for winter wheels. If nobody buy these from you then I would recommend using them as the salt will kill your wheels. One of the guys up here had finichi's and they were in pretty bad condition from the winter
  22. offers on stuff welcome
  23. 2 x 225 w/6mm tread left still for sale - £50 each delivered 2 x 245 w/2-3mm tread left (track work recommended only) -£25 each delivered If nobody want the rears I will quite happily go and do some drifting on them
×
×
  • Create New...