Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. The shade looks amazing and the red calipers work well. Would look ace in metallic / pearl rather than Matt though.
  2. Stew

    The Ultimate 370z

    All those upgrades for $37k!
  3. Ability to drive at 10/10 Running costs as priority 2! You need something lower power and lightweight unless you are planning on tracking it all the time. You can't drive a zed at 10/10 on public roads never mind a cerbera. The cerbera is an awesome prospect but it doesn't fit your original brief at all.....
  4. It's very funny. Glasgow based like most other Scottish comedies. You can't beat Scottish comedies though like still game, chewing the fat and Limmys show etc. My brothers wife is from the midlands and she doesn't have a clue what they say sometimes. Still game is still the best by far!
  5. Elise S1 Caterfield type job
  6. Never heard of it before. Might give it a bash!
  7. Just hope you never get divorced..... Only thing worse than seeing your parents money going to the taxman would be seeing it go to a women that you probably dislike!
  8. Stew

    2 Owners?

    Buy an M3 'vert. We'll introduce you to a club member that bought one, M350ZB, you two would get on like a house on fire! Match made in heaven.
  9. I'm pretty sure that would be tax fraud.
  10. Fixed that for you Fixed again.
  11. Lockadoodledoo!
  12. Pretty much the pound is poor against nearly everything!
  13. Lots better! Looks really nice now! You need to keep that Pad off the ground though.
  14. I like Scimitars. Sitting on period wolfrace wheels they look
  15. Being man sensible, spend half on a sillier car and bank the other half.
  16. Stew

    Rays SS7's

    Spacers might be required.....
  17. C63 or ISF please.
  18. It's an MY06.
  19. I was watching these last night as my wife and I bought my sis in law a wee hamster! Half of the birds didn't move, half went nuts! Really cute though.
  20. My Dad has two. A '09 S Class (which he is currently looking to replace) and a '91 SL. The SL is from the 'Tank era' and is built so well it hurts, it still has less than 60k miles but it feels as if it'd go to 600k easily! The S is spot on too, so much so that among other vehicles he is considering an S or a CL to replace it. I hope your pal gets his issues sorted out.
  21. This is a rather unfortunate turn of thread events but I stand by all of my comments, each to his own and all that Let's be clear, I said that the RRS and Evoque is compromised compared to full fat mud pluggers. I'm fully aware that they're still capable off-road. Re: the head-on concerns, have you considered a Volvo with a few choice 'Mad Max' mods Does this mean I'm banned for a month Quite agree it's each to his own. Also you bought yourself points with the cream of the mongtard crop comment! RRS or Evoque will still thrap virtually every German counterpart offroad though especially on the standard fit tyres!
  22. In fairness with the props, perhaps it's procedure that they change out the whole thing instead of changing out the parts. I don't know.
  23. Loving the Akebono conversion. Looks brilliant! Nice subtle look to the car. Right up my street!
  24. Stripped out with a supercharger bolted on sounds like it'd be good.....
  25. My Navara (2007, 48k miles today) went into the former Nissan Dealer up here. It's part of the Evans Halshaw group, now only sells Renaults as a franchised dealer but is still an authorised service centre for Nissan. Anyway, the car went in for replacement wheels under a safety recall. They performed a free 'safety check' which turned up that I needed a new front propshaft and all four driveshafts. Possibly rear propshaft too. Did I want to go ahead and do the work...... I declined but got the parts list etc. Total price £1200 but if rear prop was needed (75% chance apparently) it was another £1100. Anyway, I took the car away - against there advice as it was hugely dangerous apparently. I went to my mates garage and let him have a look. Driveshafts fine. Rear prop looks ok. Front prop dodgy (I knew this as I could hear it) so it'll need new Universal joints. I went away and ordered two new universal joints for the front pop and got them delivered to my house by a 4x4 specialist for £38. My mate and I whipped off the front prop - a whole 8 bolts and 10 mins, he got the old UJs out, we tidied everything, greased them up and popped them into the propshaft. Bolted it back up and paid him a few quid for his time. Moral of the story is, if you smell a rat then get a second opinion. This is the reason why I only use people I trust and would NEVER use the main dealer for anything. Hopefully some happy motoring without big bills for me... fingers crossed!
×
×
  • Create New...