Skoda Yeti VS Ariel Atom.... on track

grahamc

See what you mean, straight line speed, disappearing into the mist. Not so good on the bends you should have had a bet on that one.

It handles rather well considering....

Some comments from the owner ;)

Despite the rumors, it's only got 510bhp.

Probably the same one, there is only one TT-RS engined Yeti out there.

Adjustable split 4x4, locking diff, decent suspension, alloy hubs for less unsprung mass etc...

I love the yeti. In standard guise they handle far better than expected! Almost bought one a few years back but the wife refused as she said she couldn't bare to drive it as it was so ugly!

Different tracks, different rules.... some overtake left and some right

Name me one track that allows over/undertaking at the entrance to bends though? Its pretty obvious from his position the Atom was going for the racing line before being cut up.

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 1

It depends on the TDO.

But yes, overtaking under braking or mid-corner isn't a very clever thing to do. It's a trackday, not a race.

EDIT: I'll caveat that with the fact it's Rockingham, and on that part of the circuit because it's so wide most TDOs are a bit more flexible. Tbh on most trackdays the later in the day you get when you're used to driving with everyone, you figure out who the decent drivers are and you'll let people past/overtake a bit later. I didn't see too much wrong on the video.

Edited by Ekona

Name me one track that allows over/undertaking at the entrance to bends though? Its pretty obvious from his position the Atom was going for the racing line before being cut up.

I don't rate this guys track etiquette at all imo. :thumbdown:

He was making sometimes dangerous and definitely selfish overtakes at Castle Combe. See Colins post below.

Members have come across the abominable Skoda before at Castle Coombe:

http://www.350z-uk.c...ti#entry1472507

:wave:

Definitely a cool & unique Skoda but yes not the most courteous track day user (only imo of course). ;)

That didnt look like a braking zone, looked like accelerating and the atom was moving out to allow the pass. He spoke with the Atom driver and even shared contact details, so dont think the Atom driver found the pass dangerous.

It depends on the TDO.

But yes, overtaking under braking or mid-corner isn't a very clever thing to do. It's a trackday, not a race.

EDIT: I'll caveat that with the fact it's Rockingham, and on that part of the circuit because it's so wide most TDOs are a bit more flexible. Tbh on most trackdays the later in the day you get when you're used to driving with everyone, you figure out who the decent drivers are and you'll let people past/overtake a bit later. I didn't see too much wrong on the video.

I dont know that track

That yeti is on briskoda, absolutely awesome machine, the owner has some cool GTR's and many other projects too :)

Yes, he has and has had some great cars..... 3x R35 GTRs (all sold), M spec R34 GTR, R32 GTR (running a fair amount of power), this "thing" and there is another project on briskoda

That didnt look like a braking zone, looked like accelerating and the atom was moving out to allow the pass. He spoke with the Atom driver and even shared contact details, so dont think the Atom driver found the pass dangerous.

It depends on the TDO.

I dont know that track

That yeti is on briskoda, absolutely awesome machine, the owner has some cool GTR's and many other projects too :)

Yes, he has and has had some great cars..... 3x R35 GTRs (all sold), M spec R34 GTR, R32 GTR (running a fair amount of power), this "thing" and there is another project on briskoda

Does he still have the citigo?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

It depends on the TDO.

I dont know that track

Does he still have the citigo?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Yes ;) thats the "other" project I was refering to.

• Like 1