Windows 10

ioneabee

I cant say I've encountered any issues with Windows updates both at home, or at work over the past 4yrs while being involved with the month to month patch cycle. Sure there has been instances where a Windows Update has caused problems with other 3rd party software (McAfee DLP for example) but thats down to McAfee, not Windows.

Id imagine most "problems" are caused by other out-of-date systems/software/drivers rather than the Windows updates themselves.

Most of our clients are currently migrating from WinXP to Win8.1 (skipping Win7) in order to qualify for the free Win10 upgrade later on.

8.1 in a work environment, interesting.......... there are going to be a few complaints ;)

so true, but at least he is going to use 8.1 and not 8. Also Server 2012 is also a pain in the arse as well, again stupid tiles.

• Like 1

Id imagine most "problems" are caused by out-of-date users rather than the Windows updates themselves.

Fixed for you.

Vista was a disaster. Win 8 wasn't perfect. Win 7 and 8.1 are as good as you could ever want in a domestic environment, and I can't see 10 being anything other than a nice improvement on what is already an awesome OS.

Id imagine most "problems" are caused by out-of-date users rather than the Windows updates themselves.

Fixed for you.

Vista was a disaster. Win 8 wasn't perfect. Win 7 and 8.1 are as good as you could ever want in a domestic environment, and I can't see 10 being anything other than a nice improvement on what is already an awesome OS.

There's a revolutionary new feature called a "Start" menu. God knows what it'll do...

• Like 1

I cant say I've encountered any issues with Windows updates both at home, or at work over the past 4yrs while being involved with the month to month patch cycle. Sure there has been instances where a Windows Update has caused problems with other 3rd party software (McAfee DLP for example) but thats down to McAfee, not Windows.

Id imagine most "problems" are caused by other out-of-date systems/software/drivers rather than the Windows updates themselves.

Most of our clients are currently migrating from WinXP to Win8.1 (skipping Win7) in order to qualify for the free Win10 upgrade later on.

8.1 in a work environment, interesting.......... there are going to be a few complaints ;)

so true, but at least he is going to use 8.1 and not 8. Also Server 2012 is also a pain in the arse as well, again stupid tiles.

yeah, concept works well on servers....

yeah, concept works well on servers....

That's why the GUI is an add in. There's certain things you can only do in PS which is a PITA too, im a point and click guy to be fair. Need to get my PS skills up to date but at the minute don't need it due to my role.

My exchange skills have taken a bit of a backward step because of it but that said I have absolutely no access anyway.

Doesn't stop me getting dragged into exchange issues nonetheless though :lol: