Ambulance Chasers

Mudman

Earlier this morning had a stone chip repaired on my windscreen via Autoglass and today out the blue got a my first ever call from a claims company who would not take no for an answer I hadn't been involved a crash. The callers number was 020 3634 9839 - UK female voice sounded Leeds/Bradford accent.

I used my work number as was getting fixed at work and that's where I received the call. I don't give this out for personal biz and had the number 18 months + The only 2 organisations that know about the chip and have my work number are the Insurance company and Autoglass. Being out the country for a while - is this normal or a bit naughty ? or just coincidence ?

• Like 1

I have the same crap also. Daily I get a call for energy, phones, internet, insurance, PPI, survey's, you name it I get it. Half the time I tell them to F'off, but on some occasions I like to wind them up.

I asked one company how they managed to get my number, they said via random dialing. A computer dials numbers in sequence until it receives a ringing phone, at which point the "caller" is then connected with the call, which is why sometimes you get that blank gap before they speak.

It's the world of marketing and harassment...... totally uncalled for and a bloody nuisance! I now block all of these nuisance callers if they display a number.

Googling the number shows it is one that would go on my reject list. I would make a complaint to your insurance co and autoglass as the spammer getting your work number seems far too co-incidental.

Oh, the BT8500 phones are good for stopping the crap land line calls (at home) - trouble is it is they are almost too efficient and discourages some who are legit :lol:

Googling the number shows it is one that would go on my reject list. I would make a complaint to your insurance co and autoglass as the spammer getting your work number seems far too co-incidental.

Oh, the BT8500 phones are good for stopping the crap land line calls (at home) - trouble is it is they are almost too efficient and discourages some who are legit :lol:

We've just bought their phones, really good value!!

Interestingly I had a call from that same 020 number the other day - and I have recently had a screen changed by Autoglass, through the insurers.

You with Admiral?

The call cut off though and I didn't hear anyone the other side. I just googled it and blocked the number

I have all the companies I work for - registered with TPS. The only problem is you have to renew it annually.

It does work well reducing massively the volume of calls.

Any that do still get through -just tell them you are with TPS an they will hang up.

I now tell them this whether registered with TPS or not. ;)

My problem is these are all calls made to my mobile. :surrender:

I believe you can now register mobile numbers for tps

I didn't know that. Thank you :thumbs:

Just checked and you can, however it won't stop the annoying text messages