The "Show us your garage" thread

AliveBoy

wow some of these garages are awe inspiring.. makes me sick :lol: I though do count my lucky stars I actually have a single garage but not on my land so cant dig stuff up etc. the zed resides in my friends double garage now and him and his mrs wont let me dig stuff up either :lol:

My mrs actually switched on me the other day about all the parts/tools/wheels and junk I have around the house :wacko: (might of had something to do with the impending dinner party) but having seen this thread made me realise I need to turn my little space into a useable workshop/storage il get nowhere near the above and I have no money so stay tuned for a budget workshop build, :)

Seriously though really impressed and some of you guys must be mega proud of the setups you have especially Keyser :thumbs:

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 2

My mrs actually switched on me the other day about all the parts/tools/wheels and junk I have around the house :wacko: (might of had something to do with the impending dinner party)

That's how I won over mine for a bigger space ;)

• Like 1

Keyser - how do you find the lift is for access under the car? In my new garage (whenever we move...) I'm considering a lift of some sort and leaning towards a 2 poster, but your style does massively save on space; I just assumed that it got in the way of the underside a bit much.

Keyser - how do you find the lift is for access under the car? In my new garage (whenever we move...) I'm considering a lift of some sort and leaning towards a 2 poster, but your style does massively save on space; I just assumed that it got in the way of the underside a bit much.

So far so good - does not restrict as much as a ramp style lift and the wheels are free hanging so suspension work is no problem, sills are an issue we simply lift the car with the ramp and lower it onto 4 high axle stands to do that, so not as good as a 2 post in that sense but then I don't have the posts, I took a long time deciding but the two main things that lead me this way were

1. getting a car on - my Zed (and a lot that visit) would need jacking up before a 2 post arms would go under, this one is 0 access so even the Radical is a straight lift.

2. The posts - if I want to spray a whole car the posts would be in the way the advantage of having a clear space when the ramps are down is more important to me.

Hope it helps - but it is horses for courses etc :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

Some nice garages here! One day I'd love something a bit bigger, luckily I have one but it's enbloc so have no power running too it. Plus it is quite tight (i.e I can only get out the door if the passenger side is right by the wall) so I had to be creative with the shelves ☺

I have an old pic of when I had my supra:

fllfb6Yl.jpg

Did you sell that to someone local, I'm sure I've seen a very similar Supra parked round the corner form me in Wymondham, it looks gorgeous!!

No I didn't, mine went to somewhere in Northampton! But a friend of mine from Bungay had a black one as well which he may have sold on to a local. Hardly ever see any around here anymore