Someone crashed into my lambo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarnie

Well, The 430 has arrived!!!!! The hire cost on the rental agreement is £915 per day plus VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scare::scare::surrender:

Over £1000 a day X 21 days is over £21,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @*!#!!!

When I saw that i refused to sign for it. Phoned Accident exchange and told them that i was concerned about my liability for this should the other guys insurance start to mess about. She told me that to this date they had never had to recover the costs from a client as the insurance people had always paid up, the car is a like for like replacement for my car, the guy has accepted liability especially as he hit me from the rear.

She said that if i was still concerned I could take out a Legal Cost Cover Policy for £10 that would insure me for the costs if for any reason they could not recover it from the third parties insurance. :)

Now I'm happy. :)

Be careful mate. Seriously, the Elise got hit a year ago, anf throught all the denial etc it still isn't settled. Which means as far as the insurance on the Elise is concerned, there is a claim outstanding, therefore nil no claims bonus until it is resolved. Unless you settle the insurance bill off yourself...... Which at that amount is unlikely!!

The only reason we haven't done that is we took an Accident Exchange car tht we ended up with for a month and it cost about £10k. :dry:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise being very careful with Accident Exchange hire agreements, they do appear to be a bone of contention with some insurers, as documented in various locations on the net. There are also stories of one customer being landed with a £30k bill themselves because the other parties insurer refused to accept the costs for hire at those rates..

Check the small print twice and be careful.

I would advise being very careful with Accident Exchange hire agreements, they do appear to be a bone of contention with some insurers, as documented in various locations on the net. There are also stories of one customer being landed with a £30k bill themselves because the other parties insurer refused to accept the costs for hire at those rates..

Check the small print twice and be careful.

+1 I would almost get in contact with the other insurers first and make sure they are aware you have a car so they get things moving too. :)

I totally agree - I've seen a few raris round here but never an orange lambo - not even the neighbour's dads yet! You see the rari and think - nice - you see the lambo and think wow then keep looking until it's gone!

I totally agree - I've seen a few raris round here but never an orange lambo - not even the neighbour's dads yet! You see the rari and think - nice - you see the lambo and think wow then keep looking until it's gone!

+1

-1. Ferrari for me I'm afraid. I'd have a Lambo too, but for me the Fez wins hands down. :thumbs:

I'm still laughing about the "is it RWD?" :lol: Kev's response was best about the deisel two stroke.

I thought I was mechanically inept but sarnie tops me... do you think maybe there's a inverse correlation between the amount people spend on cars and the amount they know about them?

I prefer the lambo, esp. in orange. Proper ASW kit that!

Come on Sarnie, how's the fezza?

Ok boys.........calm down...... :lol:

The bottom line is.....................I hate it......... :dry:

Its absolutely rubbish. It really does sound like a diesel transit van. When at stanstill the tickover sounds just like a truck :scare:

When I first got in a lambo I was sooo excited I knew straight away i was buying one. It was the same when i first got in a zed. I was expecting to hear the famous prancing horse roar but it was more like a feeble wimper.

All of my friends have said that my lambo is light years ahead of it sound wise. I know my G is decatted and with a tubi but even when standard, my G sounded sooo much better than this 430. You accelerate and there is just no spine tingling noise at all, even with the windows down.

This car sounds sooooooo bad is untrue. I have driven it all day and it did in no way feel like a £130k car. Acceleration is quick but, like the zed, it struggles to put the power down through the rear wheels. Accelerating hard in anything other than bone dry conditiond causes the rear wheels to spin furiously meaning the esp kicks in. I've never appreciated until now how good the Lambo 4wd system was until getting into this. This is the biggest let down I've ever experienced. I expected to get in this car and wanna 'upgrade' but to be honest I'd take my G and the £35k difference absolutley any day of the week.

There are some things i like such as the firmness of the clutch, easier to drive around town, the steering wheel and its gadgets, the electric glove box, the bigger boot, the much bigger transparent engine bay, the brakes..

Things I don't like are the cream interior, no sat nav, no electric folding mirrors, seating position too high, **** poor ICE, too exposed, shitty engine sound and millions of other things.

Also, even though it a Ferrari, it doesn't attract anywhere near the attention of my gallardo.... :dry::blush:

I don't like it that much that I'm gonna call the insurance people tomorow and tell them to take it back :blush:

Overall the looks are spot on but once behind the wheel the G, or at least my G, the lambo takes it.

I defy anyone to get out of my G saying that it doesn't sound awesome. I know some people will prefer the 430, others the G and others neither but I know that my car is amazing to me. :)

I know people expect me to be biased but all 11 people who have been in it today stated that they prefered my lambo. Some prefered the Ferrari interior and some the exterior but all said when it came to it, they would take the Lambo.

:)

he's still thrashing it lol, says he still prefers his over it thank god ( hes not turning to the dark side, I still have his Lambo over it anyday), the Lambo sounds better, says the Ferrari sounds like a deisel truck :lol:

When your ears are as low to the ground as Sarnies are you tend to pick up lower sounds, they travel further.

He is clearly a deaf goon! :lol: