Someone crashed into my lambo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarnie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, The 430 has arrived!!!!! The hire cost on the rental agreement is £915 per day plus VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scare::scare::surrender:

Over £1000 a day X 21 days is over £21,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @*!#!!!

When I saw that i refused to sign for it. Phoned Accident exchange and told them that i was concerned about my liability for this should the other guys insurance start to mess about. She told me that to this date they had never had to recover the costs from a client as the insurance people had always paid up, the car is a like for like replacement for my car, the guy has accepted liability especially as he hit me from the rear.

She said that if i was still concerned I could take out a Legal Cost Cover Policy for £10 that would insure me for the costs if for any reason they could not recover it from the third parties insurance. :)

Now I'm happy. :)

Well, The 430 has arrived!!!!! The hire cost on the rental agreement is £915 per day plus VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scare::scare::surrender:

Over £1000 a day X 21 days is over £21,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @*!#!!!

When I saw that i refused to sign for it. Phoned Accident exchange and told them that i was concerned about my liability for this should the other guys insurance start to mess about. She told me that to this date they had never had to recover the costs from a client as the insurance people had always paid up, the car is a like for like replacement for my car, the guy has accepted liability especially as he hit me from the rear.

She said that if i was still concerned I could take out a Legal Cost Cover Policy for £10 that would insure me for the costs if for any reason they could not recover it from the third parties insurance. :)

Now I'm happy. :)

We got hit in my wifes car many years ago and the driver, (another woman), admitted liability at the scene of the accident, but later said we hit her. We were on an island BTW and she pulled out without seeing us. The insurance companies got involved and started to fight it out even though I thought it was pretty clear cut. No expensive hire cars involved either. Luckily I had a witness and provided a statement myself from him, otherwise they were talking about a knock for knock situation.

I would check Sarnie, otherwise you could be up for a BIG bill.. :scare:

Insurance companies always try and wriggle out of any costs they can. I also though that most will only provide hire cars as a short term measure, i.e. once the repairs are authorised the repairing garage should provide the car FOC or as a part of the repair cost.

Did I mention that the guys today reckoned my will be gone for 3-4 weeks :dry:

If the paint is anything like the ultra yellow paint on a Zed, then matching it will prove to be a pain in the backside. Be prepared to be without it for a while longer if they have any issues matching it. :headhurt:

Errr yeah it was serious question :blush:

I don't know alot about cars, as you all know, I just buy them and drive them :blush:

I didn't even know the zed was rwd till i bought it :blush::lol:

You remind me of a woman sometimes mate. I'll have that one cuz I like the colour..... :lol:

Well, not sure if I should be gutted or delighted for you mate.

Just be careful though - you are hiring the car and remain personally responsible for those hire charges if they cannot be recovered in full from the other guys insurers. Don't assume that the insurers will take it lying down, not at a rate which could be as high as £1000 a day! Accident Exchange are very high profile and very much in the sights of the insurance industry as a whole. Make sure they have some sort of insurance policy to cover the cost of any unrecovered hire charges so they can't come after you.

Before I left my last place I was doing an AE case with a Ferrari 360 and the hire claim was in excess of £100k. And the insurers weren't just paying up......

Will do mate. Bizarrely I have just found out that two of my mates work there so I'm gonna speak to them tomorrow about this before I sign :thumbs:

Cheers mate :)

Good stuff - then you can concentrate on abusing the Fezza! :)

Just going back to what you was saying Digsy about potential costs coming back to me, I have just spoken to the guys who took my car away and they said that to prevent that possibly happening I can pay a £10 fee which effectively buys me an insurance policy to cover myself against this happening, sounds feasible, what do you think?

The bodyshop guys who took my car seem like top quality guys. They turned up in a gorgeous white 57 plate M3 :wub: They gave me the distinct impression ( ;) ) that anything with a blemish is going to be replaced :yahoo:

That sounds like what I was getting at. Read the small print though and make sure it does what you want it to - ie discharge any shortfall in the hire charges which isn't recovered from the third party insurers. :thumbs:

I don't know alot about cars, as you all know, I just buy them and drive them :blush:

You remind me of a woman sometimes mate. I'll have that one cuz I like the colour..... :lol:

unfortunatly though, much as I hate to admit, he drives like the Stig :scare:

Or VBH :lol:

Or VBH :lol:

:lol:

:cry:

Was driving through Birmingham city centre this afternoon at about 4:30pm. Basically someone ****ing idiont thought he would try to get into the lane i was in, whilst i was still in it!! :rant::rant::angry::angry:

Basically he hit me at the rear and to the side. Damage looks mainly superficial eg paint. There doesn't seem to be any dents to the bumper although the offside wing is scraped, a massive chunk of alloy is missing but on the whole not that bad.

I pulled over and flew out of my car effing and blinding but the 25 yr old bloke was nearly in tears already :scare::blush:

Took all his details and drove off. On the way home I started to stress that first of all he may not have any insurance then the usual hellish @*!# you have to go through with Insurance companies etc. I started thinking that I only wanted Lambo authorised people dealing with my car and not some random cowboys who would just bodge it. I stopped by the Lambo dealership which is conveniently on my way home. I told Dom, the guy woho sold me my car, he immediately phones a guy called Zee. Apparently Zee's company is the only approved company within 100 miles or so and his work is supposed to be second to none. he starts telling me that although there is no visible damage other than the paint there may have been a twisting of the chasis, the carbon fibre strengthenings inside the bumper do not flex and may have broken etc. He assurred me that my car will probably come back in better condition than it was in before the incident. I mention to him that I'm worried about what shitty replacement car I would be getting at which point he says that he will give my details to a company called accident exchange who will sort everything.

At 17:15 Accident Exchange called and said they will deal with everything on my behalf and all would be paid for by the other guys insurance as he had admitted liability. I started to feel a bit more relaxed now as it was all being taken out of my hands. Accident exchange called the guys insurance company to confirm he was insured, which he was, and called me back to confirm all was present and correct.

Now to the best bit. The guys at accident exchange said to me:

AE: What car would you like as a replacement?

Me getting defensive said:

Me: Nothing less than a Lambo :teeth:

AE: Well we don't have any Lambo's at the moment...

Me getting annoyed said:

Me: Well what do you have and I ain't driving a ford or anything like it!!!

AE: What about one of these?

OOOOOOOH YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEEASEEEE!!!!!!! :teeth::teeth:

So tomorrow morning a 56 plate red Ferrari F430 is being delivered to me to thrash for the time that they have my Lambo. I can't believe that I am actually happy someobody drove into me!!! My car is gonna come back with two new wheels and will be pristine and I'm getting a 430 to hoon around in in the meantime :teeth::teeth:

Hmm, never heard of accident exchange giving people better cars than theirs before...... :p