Tradelink... Disappointing

p34nut

Not a fan of that to be honest, nor in the future would I recommend anyone visit you based on that reply. One thing I cannot stand is bad customer service, regardless of the events that happened coming on here pointing the finger at a customer as a professional business is petty and in my opinion shows you in a terrible light.

I know I'm going to be in the minority here as everyone is keen to suck you off but whatever, boo hiss.

• Like 7

Need to get in the real world. Its not about that it's about standing up for myself. yes we are a business but we are a small group of human beings and professional or not if finger wagged with no reason then we are going to defend ourselves! every time!!

• Like 1

if finger wagged with no reason then we are going to defend ourselves! every time!!

The customer is always right ;)

Got a distinct feeling of deja vu with this thread too :)

Of course your going to defend your business, i would do the same with mine and if you think the above and other threads is the right way, who i am i to argue, but, imho, there was no slating and name calling in peanuts post, just a customer pointing out what he thinks is factual, do you really feel the need to respond with name calling and sarcasm, obviously you do, but dont think it does you any favours, a polite response explaining your side of the story would suffice :)

• Like 3

I like it. I like it when people deal in the real world, where sometimes the customer can be a bit awkward.

As always, I suspect the truth lies very much between the two stories, but if nothing else Greg is always entertaining.

• Like 1

Not in my opinion. Some people need to get real sometimes. Its ridiculous how people can act and then try and post a review which is un-factual in every way. Unfortunately there is no way for people to tell truth or not.

What amazes me more is the fact that this person has nothing to gain by this report?? It makes no sense. They were obviously just bored on the train probably regretting walking off from a perfectly decent 350z. Even just walking off without a thanks for your time is bad enough but then to get brave behind a computer screen is just laughable...

The customer is always right... i totally agree and if i had sold the op a car and he had grievances with it or was unhappy about any aspect then i would do my best to remedy but Pe4nut is not my customer though is he?? He has booked his bus ticket to Birmingham to Mid West performance and i wish him all the best. He will probably need top get the bus and then a quick cab because he is on a housing estate i believe. A real little place compared to our little place!

• Like 2

Not in my opinion. Some people need to get real sometimes. Its ridiculous how people can act and then try and post a review which is un-factual in every way. Unfortunately there is no way for people to tell truth or not.

What amazes me more is the fact that this person has nothing to gain by this report?? It makes no sense. They were obviously just bored on the train probably regretting walking off from a perfectly decent 350z. Even just walking off without a thanks for your time is bad enough but then to get brave behind a computer screen is just laughable...

The customer is always right... i totally agree and if i had sold the op a car and he had grievances with it or was unhappy about any aspect then i would do my best to remedy but Pe4nut is not my customer though is he?? He has booked his bus ticket to Birmingham to Mid West performance and i wish him all the best. He will probably need top get the bus and then a quick cab because he is on a housing estate i believe. A real little place compared to our little place!

And there in lies the whole problem, in this age of forums, internet and reviews, whether factual or not, your response is the only thing that may save your reputation. Peanut could have been your customer had a more reasoned explanation been presented imho, rather than a sarcastic and shouting contest, he posted his findings and sure he believed them true.

Sorry i see no explanation for a salesmen being on the phone with a customer in front of him, reading emails or not.

Its obvious you have a good business and dont need peanuts finance/cash, but, when its so easy to type into a Google a company name and see just about everything anyone has to say about them, how many sales have you lost from your response, there is 3 at least on here who wouldnt go to you or recommend you.

A simple, sorry for your bad experience with us, facts presented and done is a more than adequate response, however aggrieved you might feel.

If enough mud is slung dude, some may stick eventually.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 4

All I will say is think about the impression you're making on potential customers with your posts. I think it's an appalling way to treat people and in your line of work that's not a good thing? Sure, defending yourself with witty comments is amusing to the masses but if I was thinking about buying a 350 I would think twice about visiting your establishment.

Peanut is not your customer because you lost him, I guess you may not be willing to accept any responsibility but if you pushed his buttons in the right way he wouldn't be here complaining and that is your failing.

Imagine if every complaint a big corporation got was replied with 'Well, we reviewed the audio/video footage and it turns out you're the arse because <insert whiny comment here>', they wouldn't have much business for long.

• Like 3

Ok chaps, Greg has responded and it was his right to do so, clearly some agree with his repsonse and some don't but that isn't what this thread was about. We should also remember, whether we agree or not with his style that Greg made a decision to respond in this way, it's his business and he decided to respond how he did. Before this gets out of hand let's not provoke an argument about the way WE think Greg should or should not run his business please. Thanks guys.

• Like 6

Many years ago I met a car salesman who on starting with a new company asked to be allowed to deal with any customers that had complained about poor service. He eventually became the top salesman and earned the biggest commissions!

The moral here is that when complaints can be turned into positives it often results in loyalty and recommendations.

Owning my own retail businesses for the past forty years I always made an attempt to speak personally to any customer who felt they needed to complain either about quality or service ( and that in a company employing over 400 staff. )

Getting back to the original post...maybe it would have been more productive if the op had contacted the owner personally and then perhaps Greg wouldn't,t have felt the need to bounce back with his defensive response.

• Like 1

Greg...you could always open a chain of bakeries if all else fails........oh.....wait.......lol

I'm on the fence on this one and have no views other than when I bought my zed I was left alone to my own devices which is the way I like it. Greg for every guy you loose, five or so will always replace. So no worries and peanut will get get the car that's right for him. Everyone happy. Peace.

• Like 1

Exactly. When you step outside of the corporate "The customer is always right, even when they're wrong!" mindset in business, you take a massive gamble. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but if you can make it work then you're pretty much set for life as people always remember a character.

Now, I'm being a tad hypocritical here as I've had a pop at Greg before when he first joined up and bit back, but since then he seems to have developed the knack for being able to defend himself and his way of doing things with humour, as well as a sly dig. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. I'd rather deal with someone with personality than another generic holier than thou attitude (see: J17), but it's not for everyone.

• Like 1

"An Institution Is The Lengthened Shadow Of One Man"

I do think people sometimes forget that as a small business owner reviewers aren't insulting your company; they're insulting you. You are the company, you hire the staff, choose the stock, do the thankless tasks and deal with the crap that comes your way. The reason Greg is angry is surely because he's never even had the chance to deal with the crap? Someone has just mouthed off his small business on a globally accessible forum with no opportunity for response. I'm looking at buying in the next week or two and I've been put off in no way at all from using Tradelink.

• Like 6

"An Institution Is The Lengthened Shadow Of One Man"

I do think people sometimes forget that as a small business owner reviewers aren't insulting your company; they're insulting you. You are the company, you hire the staff, choose the stock, do the thankless tasks and deal with the crap that comes your way. The reason Greg is angry is surely because he's never even had the chance to deal with the crap? Someone has just mouthed off his small business on a globally accessible forum with no opportunity for response. I'm looking at buying in the next week or two and I've been put off in no way at all from using Tradelink.

hammer-and-nail.jpeg

I think being real and being human is way more important than giving in to any kind of slander. Posting a point of view that goes some way to diminishing our reputation should be frowned upon at very least. I won't understand the mentality of people that do this especially as the op as a matter of etiquette should have made more of an effort to at very least say good bye and thanks for your time before he legged it...

I also believe in karma and what goes around comes around. If I attract the type of people that appreciate the way I retort and defend myself after viewing this forum, rather than people that will have a dig at me behind a desk God knows where, then great. I would rather deal with reasonable people than not. In car sales it makes your life so much easier.

We know our product very well, not meaning to blow my own trumpet, and with that comes a sense of confidence within our product. We will never be overbearing. We will never force a sale and if it means that someone a little bit sensitive thinks we are not a hot sales task force and we don't care then so be it. The cars are what they are and in essence they sell them selves. If you are on this forum then you know what you are after so it's pointless applying unnecessary BS.

Like I have said before we try to be as no nonsense as possible.

• Like 1

Ok so I've read about 2 paragraphs into your gibberish and lets just iron this out for you because your "customer service" seems to have something in common with your posts "plenty of room for improvement"

Strictly appointment only.....?

That may be the reason I called the day before and spoke to someone there. i asked to arrange a viewing that day, I was told "ok, what car" I replied "the grey 05" he said "ok" to which I actually followed with "ok....? Do I need to book an actual time" I was told "nah"

Oh but maybe that was Mr "facebook"

Would you like me to check my call log for an exact time?

I didn't have the money? Pre-approved finance with carloans4u (who's name you have on your website as someone you deal with) to which I was able to use upto £6500 with, I just needed to hand over a reg. That's with a £2000 "cash" (as it seems so important to you) deposit to secure the car on the day. Using finance makes no odds to you, the money gets put straight into a business account from them and it's availbe to do with as you wish, even withdraw from the bank and look at the "queens heads" if that's what makes you happy

If there is anything of any solid relivence in the rest of your text please feel free to highlight them again. I won't waste my time reading the whole thing