Cheapest Stillen Gen 3 uk?

nrenz123

I've been toying with the idea of getting the Stillen or Injen CAI - but for the cost of £500ish I'd rather spend it on something else. Instead I just popped a couple of HKS panel filters into the OEM airboxes as I've heard they give better performance than any aftermarket product

Stillen G3/ takeda are full cold air intakes placed outside the engine bay (just inside the bumper) so suck in colder air than traditional intakes in the engine bay. These are the only intakes which are dyno proven to increase power. Most of the intakes which go in the engine bay (eg jwt or k&n typhoon) result in throttle lag (from hot air being sucked in) and decreased power on a dyno.

There's a large amount of info in the U.S. sites where they are more common.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine for the noise. My Takeda Short ram intakes make a lovely v8 roar. There are no power gains to speak of and in fact increased heat in the engine bay. Worth it though for that takeda/akrapovic soundtrack. Now if only I could get rid of the rattle from my Berks HFCs!

£500 FOR A POXY INDUCTION KIT???!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

You must be bonkers to be considering that, unless you've done everything else possible or just have a shedload of spare cash. I mean, it's a nice kit and all, but that is just silly money.

• Like 1

It's a lot of cash for an induction kit, but vastly improves the engine bay look & sound of the car.

If you were to break it down it's really not that expensive

a bit of bling, a nicer noise, 2x new high performance filters, & a possible power increase.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My car has these, berk HFCs, invidia exhaust and an uprev and made 325hp at the wheels at abbey. Translates to ~360bhp at the fly.

There is some heat soak on the rollers but according to mark (who has done 50+ 370z's on there) they will show power increase with that set up over the traditional boxes. It dips with heat but then if you're in traffic you don't need the power anyway. Personally I love them.

• 10 months later...

My car has these, berk HFCs, invidia exhaust and an uprev and made 325hp at the wheels at abbey. Translates to ~360bhp at the fly.

There is some heat soak on the rollers but according to mark (who has done 50+ 370z's on there) they will show power increase with that set up over the traditional boxes. It dips with heat but then if you're in traffic you don't need the power anyway. Personally I love them.

Same set up as mine apart from i went for k&n dropins. My car read 355bhp at the crank so they seem to be 5bhp up from the dropins.Can you hear the noise over the exhaust ?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely worth it, sound, look and perform great. Tarmac Sportz got them delivered to me super quick!

Im running e370 with art pipes and can still hear the induction noise.

Made 332 WHP with these.

332whp thats impressive !