My Zed's New No. Plate

14N

Finally! I've received my V5 back and IT'S ON! :yahoo: (Please excuse my excitement). :blush:

I inquired with the DVLA early last year to see if this plate was available for purchase and was very pleased when they responded and said that it was not currently assigned to a vehicle, so they had noted my interest and said it would feature in a future auction.

However, they could not tell me when, or which auction :thumbdown::(

I continued to pester them, sending an email every month or two (not using an email address giving my first and last name ;) ), offering to purchase the plate outside of the auction process, but was faced with the same responses; "We've noted your interest, it will feature in a future auction, we can't tell you which or when, but we'll let you know".

I'd pretty much given up hope, until last month when I received an email informing me my plate had been released and would be in the next DVLA timed online auction (basically DVLA eBay).

Cutting a longer story short (and a very nervous week later) - I won! :yahoo: Fortunately for me, no one else bid and I secured it for the reserve price. :)

For those that don't know me, my name is IAN DOLE, hence the reason I REALLY wanted this plate.

03802054-4DC4-4410-A263-7E38917015B1.png_zpsnpl0hsuo.jpeg

• Like 9

Nice plate; could't get any closer to your name!

Strange arrangement of letters/numbers. Typically I thought a 7 digit registration would comprise of two letters, two numbers and then three letters. Or in old money; one letter three digits and three letters. Yours is neither?

• Like 2

Strange arrangement of letters/numbers. Typically I thought a 7 digit registration would comprise of two letters, two numbers and then three letters. Or in old money; one letter three digits and three letters. Yours is neither?

It's even older than the old money. The format you mention (which preceeded the format we have now) is A123 ABC

Mine is the format before that! (Circa the 70's). The 'actual' plate is DOL 314N. But my '3' appears to have slipped a bit to the left ;)

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

It's even older than the old money. The format you mention (which preceeded the format we have now) is A123 ABC

Mine is the format before that! (Circa the 70's). The 'actual' plate is DOL 314N. But my '3' appears to have slipped a bit to the left ;)

Ah, all makes sense now and the three looks so much better on the left, almost as if it should always have been there ;)

• Like 1