Z emblems - durablilty?

sipar69

I know quite a few folks on here have replaced their Nissan badges with the Z badges available for sale on here. I'm interested in doing this but I'd like to hear from people about how durable they are. Do they become tarnished after a while or are yours still looking good after a year plus?

Cheers :)

Bought some off ebay (imagine its a similar product) and lost the colour also over the course of 6 months (satin black)

There was no primer on them, just a chromey plastic underneath a thin layer of paint by the looks of it.

I didn't think to put wax or sealant on them.

Apparently this new batch of ones I've got won't change colour. So I'll whack em on this weekend and report back in a years time :lol:

But yeah, think the pair of them cost £30, anythings better than those OEM chromey Datsun things.

I have black ones (gloss) - bought them from the trader on here. they're "ok". not amazing, they're holding up but I am likely to want to change them next year as they will become tarnished.

I had the satin silver on my 350 and they lasted fine :) ... ask jimboy to see how they're holding up!

Could just get them painted properly if they do fade? Wouldn't be difficult to do them yourself or I'm sure a body shop wouldn't charge much for a professinal job?

I'm thinking of getting a set but judging by this thread I may just plasti dip them, even if it's just a clear coat of plastidip to protect them.

Hmm!

I have bought a satin front badge off one of our traders here.

I am now thinking I may not replace the Nissan badge, if this is how they go in such a short time.

What about applying a coat of laquer, would this help?

Maybe the traders on here that sell them can advise.

Are you referring to the badge below ?. If so mine have been on for 2 years and look like new still.

ZBADGE_zps49fdc907.jpg

I've ordered a set of these (370 version). They're more expensive but hopefully last a good while.

I'm not knocking the other ones, it's more that having thought about I prefer the look of the solid ones. Hoping they will look good on a white car. Will post some pics when they're on. :)

• Like 1

Fitted my new Z badges sourced from Tarmac Sportz. Really like 'em - they look great 'in the flesh', seem to be very good quality and I reckon they go well with the white car with black accents :)

09a678041db3dd04aba7331f9b80d782_zpsodvqaubt.jpg

4d336f0a97b91eb58660b5827e9a6cdd_zpsuqhjzvjz.jpg

• Like 3