Tax disc

mr_smith126

It looks very good ,but therin lies your problem the boys in blue would construe an offence of forgery of an official document,please check the legality of displaying it as it may be a different position now they officially dont exsist but when they did a frie of mine actually recieved a custodial of 6 months for making a copy of a disc and displaying it ,although he didnt have taxx on the vehicle and was doing it for the wrong reasons

I was very serious in advising caution ,but of course then it was an official document .Now interesting point is if they are no longer in use or legal would you be committing an offence ?.

My mate did actually get 6mths in custody ( quite ironic the 6mths i thought given it was a 12 mth forgery tax disc)

sorry, really dont see why someone would want a tax disc in their window... mine was binned the day it was no longer required.

Also, have you heard the paper counterpart licence is to be scrapped soon? i think i'll burn mine, but i'll have to find it first... i've been using a copy of it for so long, have no idea where the original is, or if it even exists... :blush:

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 1

I was very serious in advising caution ,but of course then it was an official document .Now interesting point is if they are no longer in use or legal would you be committing an offence ?.

My mate did actually get 6mths in custody ( quite ironic the 6mths i thought given it was a 12 mth forgery tax disc)

Your mate has committed plain fraud. He got convicted for trying to make others believe that he paid his car tax, which was actually not the case.

I have checked the forgery offences. Forging a document is not really an offence in itself. There also has to be some kind of a fraudulent intent present. You have to have the intention to actually deceive someone with that document. Therefore it would perfectly safe for OP to display his 'fake' disc.

Also, have you heard the paper counterpart licence is to be scrapped soon? i think i'll burn mine, but i'll have to find it first... i've been using a copy of it for so long, have no idea where the original is, or if it even exists... :blush:

The advice from the DVLA is to shred the paper part. But what happens when you want to hire a car? Especially abroad. I have always needed my paper part in the US to hire a car. Not sure I will get rid of my paper version at all, no harm in it sat in my folder

One hopes that the big car hire companies will be aware of the change, but even so, we're hiring a car in spain just after the change - think i'll keep it till then just to be on the safe side.

Assuming I can find it in the first place!

Edited by brillomaster