Karls GT4

Karl92

Hi Everyone

picked up a GT4 Z number:155 a couple weeks back now,

this is how it was when i picked it up (sorry for the screenshot pics)

wp_ss_20150317_0001_zpsfylh4pzd.png

wp_ss_20150317_0002_zpscwsnwwwz.png

I wasn't quite sure of the primer wheels if that's what colour they are but they have grown on me and I kinda like them.

im a big fan of the GT4 alloys and will most likely keep them for a while, maybe colour code them or just have them back to their original colour im not sure yet. Ideally i think they need spacing out maybe 20mm on the front and at least 20mm on the rear

so anyway first things first i removed the Celica rear badge for a Black Z one and bought a Nismo Gear Knob

Much Better :thumbs:

WP_20150317_18_22_53_Pro_zps1tqvr8up.jpg

WP_20150325_17_18_27_Pro_zpsfkeplh4p.jpg

The paint work wasn't the best, the car just needed a good clean rather than a turkish tfr bath. so i cracked out the polsih wax etc and gave her a well deserved clean and remove the GAF antenna

WP_20150320_14_44_41_Pro_zps7ojsofrl.jpg

WP_20150320_14_44_23_Pro_zps4oay7om7.jpg

WP_20150320_14_44_05_Pro_zpsdsmzr3ls.jpg

WP_20150320_14_43_47_Pro_zpsvn0slm20.jpg

so thats pretty much how the car stands at the moment. Ive just bought some Berk decats so theyll be going on next weekend with any luck, I want to try keep the exhaust as quiet as possible but just enough for it to unleash the mighty roar so after doing some research i liked what i heard with just decats

I am also toying with the idea of getting some carbon fibre aero like a mines front lip, carbon skirts, possible carbon wing mirror covers im not 100% on that yet and a nice rear diffuser i dont really want to over do it with this car so its quite hard for me to choose parts as i want to take my time with this build

and for those to happen to give a **** this is my s14a in the pictures which is the bane of my life :lol:

WP_20141130_14_35_57_Pro__highres_zpsdfcnykol.jpg

thanks

Karl

Edited by Karl92
  • Like 1

I do forget how much I like the GT4 wheels. Looks tidy and sounds like you have some good plans.

Speaking of sound...buying Berks de-cats it will be anything but quiet, but you won't give a sh-one-t the first time you WOT it ;)

just a small update,

just fit some new bosh aero wipers and removed the rear wiper & boot weight aswell as fitting new interior LED's (was always partial to these but it actually looks quite classy)

the 19mm grommet for the washer jet delete is abit to small so ive used the 22 instead.

WP_20150405_15_16_51_Pro_zpscepjid5u.jpg

WP_20150405_15_16_56_Pro_zpsly32pn2k.jpg

also does anyone know the original colour code for GT4 wheels or the closet to? i cant seem to find much about them

thanks

Karl

Edited by Karl92

Very smart. ;)

Personally on the alloys front I'd go black or shadow chrome black for the "stealth bomber" look. :evil::lol:

Maybe worth a PM though Karl to some of the other GT4 owners in this thread to see if they can help if you really want the OEM colour.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59838-2012-gt4-current-owners-thread/

i think black would be abit to drug dealer, shadow chrome looks nice though !

and thanks for the link bud

No problem for the link and I get what you mean about too much black. Shadow chrome is a very good choice though if you do decide to deviate from the OEM colour. :thumbs:

Post man came today

WP_20150408_22_07_14_Pro1_zpsqlttntbi.jpg

WP_20150408_22_07_30_Pro1_zpspxx5njpk.jpg

also just orderd gold engine dress up bolts (taking a risk with this one should have maybe gone for black but oh well) , got some new tidy plates and other bits on the way to :p

karl

• Like 1

Had a basic paint correction done on the car over the weekend at south wales car care which sorted out the majority of the paint work but due to the lack of care from the previous owners it could really do with a full make over but ill probably wait until i decided if i want to go for any aero or not first

also fit this lovely bit of carbon

WP_20150416_001_zpsrs0ig6dw.jpg

Edited by Karl92

Post man came today

WP_20150408_22_07_14_Pro1_zpsqlttntbi.jpg

WP_20150408_22_07_30_Pro1_zpspxx5njpk.jpg

also just orderd gold engine dress up bolts (taking a risk with this one should have maybe gone for black but oh well) , got some new tidy plates and other bits on the way to :p

karl

Enjoy those and find a few tunnels!

• Like 1

Fitted the berks today, its a little raspier than i would like but overall im pretty happy with how the car sounds now, its lovely and quiet for motorway driving and then it really growls when you give it some :)

i also got to take a proper look under the car today and its pretty tidy, literally zero rust which strange compared to what im used to from my s14 lol

IMG-20150418-WA0003_zpsog3sbh7j.jpg

i thought i had got away with it but unfortunately the engine management light just came on just now on the way back from a restaurant, not that is really bothers me but how could i clear it do i need a new map as the berk already has o2 spacers?

thanks

Karl

Edited by Karl92

i thought i had got away with it but unfortunately the engine management light just came on just now on the way back from a restaurant, not that is really bothers me but how could i clear it do i need a new map as the berk already has o2 spacers?

thanks

Karl

Hi Karl, to clear the EML you could do the "pedal dance" AKA ECU reset or buy a OBDII reader from eBay which will allow you to switch it off using that.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

In both instances though it will come on again most likely. I used to do the pedal dance all the time before I had my first UpRev done after I fitted Berks HFC's but the EML would usually come on after 5-7 days of driving so it really is only a temporary fix.

As you already have the O2 spacers which come with the Berks then the only permanent option to fix the EML is by having the car remapped with an UpRev. If you do go down that route eventually just make sure you've got all your performance mods done first so that you get all the benefits & don't have to pay for the UpRev more than once. :thumbs:

"As you already have the O2 spacers which come with the Berks then the only permanent option to fix the EML is by having the car remapped with an UpRev. If you do go down that route eventually just make sure you've got all your performance mods done first so that you get all the benefits & don't have to pay for the UpRev more than once. :thumbs:"

with this, arnt the 06 models and gt4s an uprev version of the engine already ? or is this map something completely different ?

thanks

Karl

"As you already have the O2 spacers which come with the Berks then the only permanent option to fix the EML is by having the car remapped with an UpRev. If you do go down that route eventually just make sure you've got all your performance mods done first so that you get all the benefits & don't have to pay for the UpRev more than once. :thumbs:"

with this, arnt the 06 models and gt4s an uprev version of the engine already ? or is this map something completely different ?

thanks

Karl

The 06 and GT4's are "RevUp" models (rev limit increased) ~ "UpRev" is the name for the engine management software needed to remap the 350Z & 370Z standard ECU. Can be confusing I know. :lol:;)

More info here: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=350z_mapping

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Small update,

I have the car booked in to have the wheels powdered coated shadow chrome tomorrow so i can finally get rid of the horrible primer look on the wheels

i have also wrapped the rear strut bar in carbon, personally i think it looks @*!# so ill most likely paint it gloss black, or look at getting it dipped my wrapping skills suck ! i just dont have the patience

WP_20150506_19_01_44_Pro_zpssrdoszbj.jpg

WP_20150506_19_20_04_Pro_zpsusjsuxc6.jpg

and I wonder what this is from tarmac B)

WP_20150506_17_22_19_Pro_zpspujgwga1.jpg

and here she is

WP_20150506_17_29_50_Pro_zpsgxgklvgo.jpg

should hopefully get this fit over the weekend dependent on when i get the car back

karl