350z vs 370z

dannybz

126 members have voted

1. 1. What looks better design wise in your opinion 350z or 370z?

• 350z
    • 370z

Is there any plans or rumours for a new zed? Or will they be sticking with the 370 for a few more years?

There was some speculation a year or so ago that the new Z would appear in 2016. I seem to remember talk of a smaller capacity turbo charged engine and a targa top!!!

Be interesting to see what happens.

Sounds like a Zed GT86...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As on page 1 this is obviously going along the lines of 350 owners voting for the 350 and 370 owners voting for the 370 and I presume there are a lot more 350 owners on the forum than 370. Interesting though how many 350 owners do prefer the looks of the 370 ? - quite a few I suspect, and how many 370 owners prefer the 350 - not very many at all I suspect !

All down to the individual but I think the 350Z is a better looking car, the lines are much nicer and more of a classic look. The 370 looks too tall and elongated if that makes sense plus the lights and wheels are not to my taste.

Can't imagine any 370 owners would prefer a 350 otherwise they would have bought one in the first place!! Plus who would admit to preferring a 350 after shelling out for a 370!!!

If I could be bothered to sell my car and invest more money to get the level of performance I have now I'd change to a 370z at the drop of a hat.

I'd drop you like a hat if I could be bothered.

You've already been put back on the hat rack with the other dusty hats.

Personally for me I love both the 350 I had and the 370. I'd have to say the 350 was more fun on the road but in the roadster format the 370 looks better and the cockpit is a nicer place to be, but I still miss my old 350 and the Milltek and berks hfc combo. But would I go back, no.

I much prefer the 350 roadster to the 370 roadster, I just can't get on with how high the rear bonnet line appears to be in relation to the rest of the car. Each to their own though.

350 ragtop is ugly as hell with the roof up. It looks like the front end designers didn't meet with the rear end designers until 5 mins before the car was given the go-ahead.

370 ragtop is one of the best looking roadsters in the last 30 years.

350 interior is dull but plain, simple, classless.

370 interior looks like they just threw as much stuff in there as possible, and to hell with cohesive design.

350 coupe is a bit slab sided, but works well within the footprint.

370 coupe looked waaaaaay too fussy at first, but I think it was just ahead of it's time. I love it now, apart from the Nismo mk1 which looks like the basta...*snipped to prevent yet another huge anti mk1 argument* ;)

All IMHO, YMMV, etc. All good solid cars, for me the 350Z HR is the pick of the bunch though.

• Like 1

Yeah the 50 is dated now but I would say in both cars hey days then the 50 was probably the more advanced.

I have to say I am not a fan of either the 50 or 70 drops tops at all. MK2 Nismo is bloody beautiful but then some could argue is it worth six 350's.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

As Wayne370Z said, it's probably 350 owners voting for the 350 and 370 voting for the 370. As I mentioned I have a 350, which is what I voted for. Why did I go for a 350? Simple, just don't have the budget for a 370. If I had that kind of money, then I may well of gone for the 370 and voted for it too. I never dreamed in a million years that I'd ever own a car like the 350, so personally for me, it's the best car ever.

As Wayne370Z said, it's probably 350 owners voting for the 350 and 370 voting for the 370. As I mentioned I have a 350, which is what I voted for. Why did I go for a 350? Simple, just don't have the budget for a 370. If I had that kind of money, then I may well of gone for the 370 and voted for it too. I never dreamed in a million years that I'd ever own a car like the 350, so personally for me, it's the best car ever.

I think you might have missed the point of the poll :lol:

Yep, I can understand most people voting for the car they have as they probably bought the car they wanted, however if you've got one and you want the other then surely you should vote for the other?

Yep, I can understand most people voting for the car they have as they probably bought the car they wanted, however if you've got one and you want the other then surely you should vote for the other?

I think the 370z has grown on me a lot... i'm thinking about selling up already and getting the 370.... i've only had my 350 for about 8 months. I still think the 350 kinda looks slightly better standard... perhaps... but i think with some cool styling to the 370 it would look a lot more meaner and a newer look... that's what i am thinking.

OOOOOOSHHHHHHH i think i just jizzed myself. That's it 350 going up for sale asap :surrender:

jfx1dx.jpg

Edited by dannybz
  • Like 1

The problem is, it's a double edged sword. Yes, because I would have really liked a 370 but couldn't afford it, I should have voted for the 370. But then all I'm going on are pictures of them I have seen online. I've never sat in or driven one so can I really make an informed choice when my experience with both cars is entirely imbalanced?

I like the 370 but couldn't afford one, but I could afford a 350, which is the next best thing.

I am totally happy with my 350, it's a great car but from a design point of view the 370, I think, is better, and that's where my vote has gone.

It's not a vote against the 350, just a logical vote for, in my opinion, the better designed car.....especially the Nismo....

Owned both - can't make my mind up...but swaying towards 350z..and... Azure Blue is and still is the best colour by a mile. Oh, and the new 19" rays are stunning in the flesh much nicer than the 350's 18" rays..

So I would say stick all the toys from a 370z into a 350z and you've got the perfect car.

• Like 1

They've both got good looks but it depends on your idea of what a sports car should look like I think. I agree with Ekona and his comments. For me its the 350 (HR), the older models are touching aged with the lights and minor bumper tweeks and if they have those curvy rays.... a sports car (to me anyway) should have some sort of length to it, be wide...or wide in appearance and be low (i dont mean modified slammed low though..thats just vile lol). The 350 has a bit of a tail at the back which the 370 doesn't so it makes (the 350) look less 'stumpy'. Stumpy heads towards that mini-hair dresser look that a TT has. The 370 has a bit of that but its wide appearance looks great front or back (especially having recently seen G-Mans Nismo infront of me B) ). Even simple touches like the gold calipers on the 350 as there not flat its a flecked kinda metallic in colour and when clean look great against the sharp rays. I agree the rear of the 350 is a bit iffy but still looks good from the back, low squat stance that it has, just not as much as the 370. Interior wise better quality 370, but design wise, with its cascading dash the 350Z with the metal bits looks better in shape, with the wrap-around doors meeting the dash etc.

The best by far though is the new style 370Z Nismo, spot on with that.

Edited by AMT

what about a GTR guys? what do you think to them?

Whilst i would absolutely love one, it wouldnt be for the way they look, nothing wrong with it per say, but imho it could have been so much better :)

Pretty much this. It's aggressive, sure, but it's not pretty. I like my cars to be pretty, at least in some way.

A GT-R is something I'm very glad exists for the engineering, but I have no desire to own one.

what about a GTR guys? what do you think to them?

Whilst i would absolutely love one, it wouldnt be for the way they look, nothing wrong with it per say, but imho it could have been so much better :)

Pretty much this. It's aggressive, sure, but it's not pretty. I like my cars to be pretty, at least in some way.

A GT-R is something I'm very glad exists for the engineering, but I have no desire to own one.

So how come you have that Barge? I mean BMW....:stir::p

Also +1 on the GTR, I just think the thing is massive! Probably bigger than Dans Barge.