How many miles do you rack up a month?

dannybz

So looks like there are a few that do around the 1k mark... I myself have done 1k a month since i have owned mine. It's my daily driver... and it's one expensive beast to run. I keep meaning to sell because of the petrol guzzle but it's so hard to let go of... it just make's me smile every time i drive the beast. The roar of the engine the lovely power i just cant get enough of it. I think i am actually addicted to driving it. Somedays I will go out for a 20 minute drive but will end up coming home about an hour and a half later. TRUE.

Edited by dannybz

I do about 1000 per month ... interestingly in the Zed that was 1000 miles at an average speed of 34 mph and an average consumption of 24 mpg ... in the Jag it's the same journeys at an average speed of 34 mph and an average consumption of 34 mpg

• Like 1

I do about 1400 miles a month currently, I don't potter about either , im a firm believer in sports cars should be driven like sports cars, I lose count of the amount of nice cars I see doing an economy 55mph with the lorries on my daily commute. I used to have a very special 200sx s14a which I spent about 20k building over 6 years, I hardly ever drove it so the only person who benefited was the next owner, he got a really mint low mileage car, I swore then that whatever I bought next I use everyday properly, I'm now on zed number 2 as I have to sell them on once the mileage starts getting high. My next one will be a 370z and I'll use it in exactly the same way...

• Like 1

I do around 2000 to 2500 per month in mine, i have it serviced 2 to 3 times per year.

Various members said i should buy a shed for the daily but that would have meant not using the car. The number of miles in the last year is dropping as i work from home mostly nowadays but as dajw says, they are meant to be driven!

• Like 1

Upwards of 1000 miles each month.

I'm constantly being told by parents/girlfriend and pretty much everybody else that I shouldn't be running a car like this to do the miles I do.

Sometimes when i work out how much I've spent in the last 12 months I don't really disagree with them. Still driving it tho :lol:

So looks like there are a few that do around the 1k mark... I myself have done 1k a month since i have owned mine. It's my daily driver... and it's one expensive beast to run. I keep meaning to sell because of the petrol guzzle but it's so hard to let go of... it just make's me smile every time i drive the beast. The roar of the engine the lovely power i just cant get enough of it. I think i am actually addicted to driving it. Somedays I will go out for a 20 minute drive but will end up coming home about an hour and a half later. TRUE.

i call it a ZEN drive... hey the z needs to stand for something

Varies wildly as its not my daily,

When I got my first Zed this time last year I clocked up 1000 miles in a month just enjoying the welsh roads.

That varied between 300 and 500 a month for the next few months when its sunny.

And when its winter it does one journey every other week to work and back so that's about 160 a month (Just to keep everything moving and not seizing)