Nissan 370z engine rebuild

laytonanthony

Hi guys.

Posted before about my engine being starved of oil and knocked the crank out of it. Anyway I have managed to remove the engine and sent it off to the engine rebuilders. Bad news.

It needs the following.

Flywheel

Crank shaft

1x Con rod

Oil pump

Mains big end bearings

Full gasket set

Rings

Head bolts

I already have a member of the forum looking into it but my engine builder struggling to get parts. He said he can get Acl race bearings but struggling for the rest. Waiting on main dealer but will be to much. Any advice or contacts. My main parts are the flywheel and crank shaft.

Many thanks

Alright guys.

Been to see and inspect the engine today. The guy is talking out his ass. Flywheel is fine. It was fine before I drove it to my garage to get he engine out. No hot spots at all on it either. The crank had dropped 1 con rod with slight scoring. Could possibly be re-ground but just as easy to replace crank. I'll post pics shortly.

• Like 1

The cranks grind okay , just need to check the crank is straight before grinding ( sometime a knocking big end will cause a the crank to be bent)

Bearings stock or undersize easily supplied; Stock gasket set/head bolts easily supplied.

I do seem to remember you was going to have Octets S/H motor from his 370Z thou as I offered you a brand new 370Z short motor before that we did have in stock.

The Crank hadn't done any big end bearings. Just a Con rod Bearing. I was intending to have octets engine but at the time had alot going on with family and my business. Had one of my vans done twice in 6 weeks, taking about 6ks worth of tools. In middle of n extension on my own house. Then lost me nan 10 months after granddad and I had promised her I would buy her house as a pension. so I have only just finalised all this and now have spare cash to get the engine done. Bit of a life story lol.

Now im looking for the cheapest possible option as i don't really want to spend anything lol. I even thought about ditching the car but I couldn't bring myself to do it as i love the car too much.

Here is the price list from main dealer.

SKMBT_C22015032409340.pdf

Edited by laytonanthony

The bearing you can see is the con rod bearing and crank shaft. You can see the scores on both shell and crank. The Con rod is also scored underneath the shell.

The head will need to come of the remove the piston and con rod. I will be replacing all piston rings in the process.

I personally think the crank will grind but i will be replacing the crank for piece of mind. Just waiting now on Lee and Arian to sort me some prices out.

i can buy all parts for £1000.00 + tax duty ect on z1motorsport.com but its in America.