What Does This Bit Do?

Stutopia

Whilst my exhaust was going on today, this part was a little bit in the way and a big bit rotten to ****.

139AAE17-323F-4736-BDC1-3B07F5001E16_zpsmracbvg1.jpg

It used to live in here, fixed three ways between the back of the rear wheel arch liner, the tray affixed to the bottom of the bumper and the underside of the car.

IMG_5492.jpg_zpsdueeu9o2.png

9BB1C9CA-F4B6-4A2A-8966-9FB4B7716E28_zpsved25eg1.jpg

Anyone know if it did anything beyond providing some bracing for the rear of the arch liner?

All I know for certain is that I now have a slightly improved power to weight ratio :lol:

Edited by SuperStu

Looks like the heat shield for the exhaust

The exhaust heat shield is still there, and in remarkably good nick.

My guess is that it's the EVAP canister cover (see the pipes in the background - last pic). Rusty :scare:

That makes sense as there's a can lurking round there behind the bit it tied on to on the bottom of the bumper.

Thanks Chaps.

Who cares about the rusty piece of junk ....... What exhaust did you get :)

A shiny one. ;)

Hmmm. Didn't have to clean the last one, tips didn't stick out past the diffuser and it was already oxidised when I bought her. This one however, is bloody spotless!!!!

Edited by SuperStu

Hmmm. Didn't have to clean the last one, tips didn't stick out past the diffuser and it was already oxidised when I bought her. This one however, is bloody spotless!!!!

A word of advice; give up now or accept that it'll drive you ******* mental trying to keep it shiny. :lol:

• Like 1

A word of advice; give up now or accept that it'll drive you ******* mental trying to keep it shiny. :lol:

There's a protruding inch of tip on each side that I'll keep clean. The rest will be allowed to develop as nature intends.

• Like 1

That bit came off when my scorpion was fitted... well was attempted to be moved/bashed out of the way to allow it to fit and it came off in the fitters hands :D

Assuming as a few peeps seem not to have them there are no concerns?