I have always been indecisive but im doing my own head in now

nissanman312

so im thinking of the supercharger for the 370 but just cant decide in my mind it goes a bit like this

argument for

it would been pretty dam quick id leave looking standard for the sleeper look

think it would make me smile a lot and thats a good thing right?

you dont see lots of 370s around and especially not fi so it would be fairly un common

cars are one of my biggest interests and spend a lot of time out with freinds driving and talking about cars

im sure there are lots of others that i cant think of right now.

arguments against

its not cheep as you guys know !

i payed a lot for the car and would hate to damage the engine.is it possible to achieve near oem reliability ?

i like to drive the car a lot ive done 10,000 a year since ive had it. weekend use and road trips mainly so reliability would be a concern

the other thing that goes threw my mind is what car i could get for the cost of my car plus the work ie my pal just got a nice m3 for that money and its good!

also if i get bored in a few years ive spent my money on this! which i wont get back! granted i can save it back sure but you get my drift

and then a big part of me says sod it you only live once with both my parents going so young i know just how short life can be

I dont know what im looking for from this post just wanted to put my thoughts out to you guys for feedback

:lol::surrender:

Edited by nissanman312

and then a big part of me says sod it you only live once with both my parents going so young i know just how short life can be

This ^^^!

I've a few years on you and can honestly say do these things while you can as life soon runs out. Had I not had the need for 4 seats I would have f/i the 370 as the HR engine is pretty bullet proof and many running reliably in the States with up to 600bhp on standard internals. Bottom end is more or less GTR hence the build is well up to a mean s/c or turbo(s) addition.

• Like 1

This ^^^!

I've a few years on you and can honestly say do these things while you can as life soon runs out. Had I not had the need for 4 seats I would have f/i the 370as the HR engine is pretty bullet proof and many running reliably in the States with up to 600bhp on standard internals. Bottom end is more or less GTR hence the build is well up to a mean s/c or turbo(s) addition.

thanks colin

i guess the missus can have the family car if we have nippers :lol:

What's the worse it can happen? Blown engine? You can get a SH engine for 370z for £3k, is not the end of the world.

In reality, I'll give you just one example. Charles, the owner of CJM in USA, had exactly the same car and same kit as me, ran it for over 60.000 miles with no problems at all. Took the kit off recently and sold it on the forum. '09 370z, Twin Turbo, E85. 671rwhp @ 12 psi - STOCK ENGINE!! 11.2 @ 133mph

I went through the same thought process as you 3 years ago.

1.Still loving my car but wanted more power.

2.Bought the car new it's now 4 years old but still seems new,but offered crap money part x.

3.Looking around at what other cars are available used for my new budget,but they are maybe older,have more miles,unknown history,wrong colour/spec etc.

4. Going to loose a lot of money on the mods.

I came to the conclusion that my choice was either to modify my Zed to a very high standard and enjoy the journey over a few years and end up with a very rare and distinctive car or buy an early GTR,leave it alone and hope that nothing goes wrong!

Even now with hindsight on my side the choice is just as hard,but if money is no object the GTR wins hands down because of tuning potential of that car the world is your oyster.

The only thing I have to say is that people expect to be blown away by a GTR or any other mainstream big power car but there is nothing more satisfying than making a very expensive car go small in your rear view mirror or blasting past them on track with something that by rights should not be going anywhere near that quick Is one hell of a buzz!!

Unless you buy a bomb proof classic cars will always lose money so go with your heart.

I know it's not a 370 but if you want to have a blast in my car drop me a pm.

Good luck

• Like 3

It's a difficult decision to make that's for sure.

I made my decision on the fact that you only live once and that I really wanted to experience a modified supercharged car.

I'm never ever going to see the money that I've spent on my 350 back again but I'm really enjoying driving my car which is what I love doing. :thumbs:

• Like 6

What's the worse it can happen? Blown engine? You can get a SH engine for 370z for £3k, is not the end of the world.

In reality, I'll give you just one example. Charles, the owner of CJM in USA, had exactly the same car and same kit as me, ran it for over 60.000 miles with no problems at all. Took the kit off recently and sold it on the forum. '09 370z, Twin Turbo, E85. 671rwhp @ 12 psi - STOCK ENGINE!! 11.2 @ 133mph

thats fairly impresive

Unless you really like modifying your car yourself, or have a ton of money you want to throw away, I'd just get a faster car.

Hell, for the money you're talking you could get a Caterfield and use that for fun quick thrills.

what would you get for say 20\25 grand

I went through the same thought process as you 3 years ago.

1.Still loving my car but wanted more power.

2.Bought the car new it's now 4 years old but still seems new,but offered crap money part x.

3.Looking around at what other cars are available used for my new budget,but they are maybe older,have more miles,unknown history,wrong colour/spec etc.

4. Going to loose a lot of money on the mods.

I came to the conclusion that my choice was either to modify my Zed to a very high standard and enjoy the journey over a few years and end up with a very rare and distinctive car or buy an early GTR,leave it alone and hope that nothing goes wrong!

Even now with hindsight on my side the choice is just as hard,but if money is no object the GTR wins hands down because of tuning potential of that car the world is your oyster.

The only thing I have to say is that people expect to be blown away by a GTR or any other mainstream big power car but there is nothing more satisfying than making a very expensive car go small in your rear view mirror or blasting past them on track with something that by rights should not be going anywhere near that quick Is one hell of a buzz!!

Unless you buy a bomb proof classic cars will always lose money so go with your heart.

I know it's not a 370 but if you want to have a blast in my car drop me a pm.

Good luck

thanks that would be awesome if im ever near your end of the country. from what i can see a good gtr is around 40g i dont think unless i make a hell of a lot of money in the future i will ever have that money sadly

It's a difficult decision to make that's for sure.

I made my decision on the fact that you only live once and that I really wanted to experience a modified supercharged car.

I'm never ever going to see the money that I've spent on my 350 back again but I'm really enjoying driving my car which is what I love doing. :thumbs:

im with you on that one i cant see me changing any time soon. and yeah i love lots of cars but then when i look at the price of them :wacko: although mine with a sc setup will be coming close to 30g spent :wacko:

im with you on that one i cant see me changing any time soon. and yeah i love lots of cars but then when i look at the price of them :wacko: although mine with a sc setup will be coming close to 30g spent :wacko:

The thing is we all go through fads sometimes, ...you know things like wanting a 1/5th scale RC car, buying it, spending a grand on parts modifying it, play with it for a few months followed by it sitting unused on a shelf for a year or two before being sold at a loss on eBay or similar.

You just need to make sure this isn't a fad or something you'll regret.

I wanted to supercharge my last car which was an EP3 Civic Type R ~ I decided against it though as putting the standard 200bhp odd through the front wheels was about all it could handle. I'd say anything over 250bhp and it would have ruined the drive of the car.

When I got my Zed and discovered that it could be supercharged it was pretty much on my mind for most of the time as I knew it was a very capable car. 6 Months or so in to my ownership I started buying parts and before I knew it I was at the stage where I either stopped, sold the parts I had bought already or just went for it. I decided to go for it as "you only live once".

I know I'm not going to keep the Zed forever as there are so many other cars I want to experience but that's just life isn't it, ...you never know what somethings going to be like until you experience it for yourself. :thumbs:

• Like 1

The thing is we all go through fads sometimes, ...you know things like wanting a 1/5th scale RC car, buying it, spending a grand on parts modifying it, play with it for a few months followed by it sitting unused on a shelf for a year or two before being sold at a loss on eBay or similar.

You just need to make sure this isn't a fad or something you'll regret.

I wanted to supercharge my last car which was an EP3 Civic Type R ~ I decided against it though as putting the standard 200bhp odd through the front wheels was about all it could handle. I'd say anything over 250bhp and it would have ruined the drive of the car.

When I got my Zed and discovered that it could be supercharged it was pretty much on my mind for most of the time as I knew it was a very capable car. 6 Months or so in to my ownership I started buying parts and before I knew it I was at the stage where I either stopped, sold the parts I had bought already or just went for it. I decided to go for it as "you only live once".

I know I'm not going to keep the Zed forever as there are so many other cars I want to experience but that's just life isn't it, ...you never know what somethings going to be like until you experience it for yourself. :thumbs:

i also came from an ep3 type r had it 7 years loved it

i think i should test drive lots of cars in this price range and then ill know i guess if the z stays or goes :lol:

• Like 1

M6?

STi or Evo of your choice.

TTRS will walk over anything, gotta be close to that budget now surely?

sti was one of the cars i drove just before i decided it was the 370 i wanted it was the last one tho not this latest version

my freind has an tme evo 6 its awsome getting on a bit now tho and not a long distance motor