I have always been indecisive but im doing my own head in now

nissanman312

Your like me mate .... Want it one day ... Then the next get scared !!

For me I can't think of anything I would want more than a nice 50 with 400bhp !

My car cost me 10k

+ charging

What could I get for 20-22k that's the same age ( 08 plate) or newer , with 28k on , that's mint condition , and that I love ?

Can't think of any to be honest!

M3 on an 08 +, with 30k on , £25 000 ?

If you love the 70 and thinking of keeping for a few years then go for it mate :)

• Like 2

Your like me mate .... Want it one day ... Then the next get scared !!

For me I can't think of anything I would want more than a nice 50 with 400bhp !

My car cost me 10k

+ charging

What could I get for 20-22k that's the same age ( 08 plate) or newer , with 28k on , that's mint condition , and that I love ?

If you love the 70 and thinking of keeping for a few years then go for it mate :)

That's about the gist of it mate

I got 10K change out of £25K and Id fancy my chances against a TT 370, never mind the "old model" 350z ;)

For me, if you have to ask then its not worth doing - it will take time, more money than your budgeting and then even more money on suspension and brakes, none of which youll see back again realistically. As Dan said, if youre a hobbyist who can offset the labour costs then it might be worth doing but if its a chequebook job you can just buy a newer, faster, better car.

Theres also the other thing - after 10+ years of drifting and regular trackdays in a variety of stuff up to 5/600hp I consider myself a pretty experienced driver, and I still get scared by my 135, not everyone has the ability to actually drive a 500hp car and in some cases it would just be downright dangerous. Do you really want to drop £15K on a car and then only run it at 75% because it scares the @*!# out of you?

Modified cars are great, but they are very personal things, often painful and always expensive. Kinda like a 2 month trekking holiday in Nepal, its a great experience and certainly rewarding but 2 weeks on a beach in Bali will be cheaper and more fun in the long run ;)

• Like 2

Didn't you modify your 50 quite a bit though ?

But yes I see your point .... Spending money on a car to modify it always looses money but I just enjoy it!

No doubt your Bm would give a supercharged zed a good run but I don't want a bmw ... I have a merc for family / day to day use . So like having an affordable toy to play with .

:)

Is not all about going flat out all of the time is about being in the car you love and those times when you get to squeeze on the throttle now and again

Actually if we're going down that road there's no need for any more than about 250 bhp really that's more than enough to get us all from a to b plenty quick enough

Edited by nissanman312

Didn't you modify your 50 quite a bit though ?

But yes I see your point .... Spending money on a car to modify it always looses money but I just enjoy it!

Fair comment - I actually chose the 350Z over an S15 Silvia as I knew with the latter Id end up on another never ending path of throwing money at a car and getting pi**ed off when it broke, a 350Z was more expensive and more difficult to modify. It ended up looking the way it does after I drove it into a ditch, otherwise it would probably have had the handling mods and some nice rims but not the bodykit, paint and arches.

This came from having had a number of very nice cars, and over time throwing away money making them less comfortable, less reliable and more expensive to run, as well as probably losing at least 4 months every year while stuff was being done to them.

Sure, my 1 is modified but not in any lifechanging way and I only started looking at them as I wanted a 100% standard car to replace the 350 with. Im not saying dont modify a car (hell, Id get lynched on Driftworks and SXOC) but I am saying be very aware of what youre getting into, as I said if youre wavering at the moment then youll be distraught after 8 months of not having the car and a hole in your wallet twice as big as youd expected :)

• Like 1

You only have to look at doms car I think he's done 10.000 mile trouble free so far on the stillen kit without oil cooler uprated sump or intercooler if that's not a good advert for our engines I don't know what

I wouldn't go without the cooling so in theory with a good tune it should be fine

You only have to look at doms car I think he's done 10.000 mile trouble free so far on the stillen kit without oil cooler uprated sump or intercooler if that's not a good advert for our engines I don't know what

I wouldn't go without the cooling so in theory with a good tune it should be fine

Yep I'll be having bigger sump , oil cooler etc and also not wanting to push for the max bhp , around 430 fly would be good for what I want :)

• Like 1

Nick are you seriously still faffing about going FI?!?! :lol:

Not read all the replies on here yet, but isn't the SC kit fitted circa £6-7k mark? For 500bhp that's a bargain isn't it? Still worth a good £3-4k second hand down the line if removed yeah? Just order it, fit it, drive it, enjoy it.

You know I'm an Evo lover, and when done right they're incredible to drive on road or track, just to throw that in the mix like... You could comfortably get something like this just so you know...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=500469

As for newer more expensive cars, M BMW's, GTR, RS Audis and whatever, if they go wrong it could easily cost you more than this little SC kit just to fix it.

As you say, only live once, if you can afford it, and you obviously want a 500bhp SC car, so just do it. You'll only look back at it and say to yourself "why the hell didn't I do this months ago" afterwards.

So yeah, get it ordered & fitted asap is where I'm driving at here... Then giz a go! :drive1

Let me know when you've ordered it buddy :thumbs::lol:

• Like 2

All interesting points here. Always considered doing he 350 but now I have my 370 i do wonder- as its a lot newer.

Main concerns are: is 350bhp really not enough for the road (uprev/ na mods)- depending on your type of driving and when/ where. But as mines a DD, how would it be in traffic for example?

Second concern is traction. I'm running some decent tyres and there isnt a huge amount of traction. With 450-500 bhp, how much are you going to be able to put down into greasy/ drizzle soaked UK roads? I've seen videos with charged cars struggling. You can get clever TCS (abbey?) but it's very pricey and will still reduce the power. I'd hate to be feathering the throttle on 90% of drives when I could simply press the pedal more on an N/A car.

All that said, I'm still tempted!

Edited by Siman350z

I'm running 553bhp and 465lb/ft torque. I have the RaceLogic Traction Controller http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en/racelogic-products/other-products/racelogic-traction-control (by the way, as of yesterday we are an official appointed RaceLogic reseller, so expect a FAIR price). I've changed the tyres to 305 rear and 265 front. At the moment the car is an animal and a half, but controllable. To improve it further, I'm changing the diff with a Quaife diff: http://shop.quaife.co.uk/nissan-350z-auto-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential

Where do you leave? If you're not very far, come and I'll take you for a demo drive so you can see how the car handles, that will give you some ideas about what can be achieved.

Also speak to dajw in here, he runs a 370z Stillen SuperCharged 370z, very stealth, standard suspension, wheels, diff etc.

I'd hate to be feathering the throttle on 90% of drives when I could simply press the pedal more on an N/A car.

Exactly why the basic Zed cars are so much fun, as you can use 100% of the power without too much worry :) On a track car then sure, more power is usually better, but for a road car once you get to around 200bhp/ton then there's not really anything that's going to hold you up.